Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163670 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173.-0,1 To be changed
« Reply #5655 on: July 27, 2016, 03:54:03 am »

Skeliborn
Action:
Stand still in order to conserve while James heals me. Follow the group if they change locations.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: July 27, 2016, 05:30:30 am »

((I no longer wish to maintain a hidden affinity. DG, please reveal it to be Chaos.))

Xom focused on the shards of his enemy, feeling the faint, orderly pulses of law magic resonating from the remnants of Bernardo's soul. For years, laws had worked to oppress him, limiting his magic and hindering the spread of chaos. Now, that same power was within his grasp. The power to distort laws, tear them down, and haphazardly build them anew. There was much work to be done.

Crush the shards to obtain a new affinity: Law.

"Cease fire."
Impose law magic on the pyramidal construct, ordering it to obey me.

If dominance is achieved:
Take the opportunity to rest and begin recharging magical reserves (make a maximum of 2 essences). Look around. What can I see?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: July 27, 2016, 05:36:35 am »

((I no longer wish to maintain a hidden affinity. DG, please reveal it to be Chaos.))

((Don't know about these guys, but I figured that out ages ago.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: July 27, 2016, 06:05:01 am »

((Kek))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: July 27, 2016, 06:10:22 am »

((Don't know about these guys, but I figured that out ages ago.))
((Which is why keeping it hidden on the character sheet is no longer important.))

((Kek))
((Believe it or not, I had forgotten all about Dungeon Crawl when I chose the name and only realised what I'd done several weeks later!))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: July 28, 2016, 03:03:55 am »

((Kek))
Darn, beat me to it (calling out the reference to DC:SS, that is; I don't know what "kek" means).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: July 28, 2016, 03:16:54 am »

((I want to say "Now that i figured it out why it is named like that (As excepted)" but decided against that.

So the word "kek" is for placeholder of that and i also find it quite a bit... funny))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: July 28, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »

Turn 174

Order wasps to start building a massive hive and create 4 essence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Easter Sunday sent out his wasps again, this time with an order to build a hive. They scattered, seeking wood to make the nest from. In the meantime, having not much better to do, Sunday sat down to meditate and prepare some magic for future use.

Bother.  If it's made of aether...

Well, attempt to dispel the decorative column.

Magus N.A. did not relish the prospect of staying caned up in the column for another minute. He reached out to the enchantment keeping him and pulled it apart with complete lack of subtlety. The column around him dissipated into purple fog, sadly, along with the enchantment that marked him as a part of Tower's systems.

Kahel could not help but space out for a bit after successful healing. This had so many implications! He could start a magical bar someday, for example. And this was by far the mildest of ideas that came to his mind!

Seeing poisonous clouds dissasipate and noticing several figures of mages, Kahel confirmed their identities as non-murdeous ones - which was especially true with Eterna gone, considering Kahel's unfortunate attempt to kill him. Hm... Yes. A new hunt must be started after period of recuperation. Also, to find demon and see if he'll follow once again.

Come closer to the mages while trying to replicate octarine juice for trade purposes. Also, two essences [Liquid].

Kahel, deeming that it should be safe by now, began walking towards the group of mages just ahead. This was better than just an opportunity to end this pain, this was also a chance to trade with the recently enriched wizards. The trouble was, octarine juice was hard to make. Eventually, Kahel just gave up and discarded possibly poisonous yellow liquid and just went to meet the mages.

((DG: Charsheet doesn't appear to be up to date.))

Find the druid I chatted with earlier and question him about this scourge of ground swimming monster mouses or whatever they are. Their origin, weaknesses, strengths, what they have tried to fix it, what's planned next, ect. What other noteworthy things are in this forest?
Make 3 essences.

Shias returned to the slightly busier side of the forest and found himself a druid.  From there followed a story of the new creatures that had crept under the forest floor. They had appeared from seemingly nowhere few weeks ago and began hunting anything that moved on the ground. They can move swiftly while underground and even faster above it. They can attack from underneath even at range but above ground this ability unavailable. They are tough and armed with many sharp clawed limbs, but druids have been thinning out their numbers by dragging them aboveground and hanging them by their limbs in such a way that they couldn't cut themselves loose. Treants had been able to crush them with their considerable strength, but recently numbers of those caught by treants were decreasing rapidly, suggesting intelligence enough to learn.

((I think me and Jiksap can help you with that.))

Sounds like a plan. But maybe we should take that elsewhere? I mean, eldritch fields aren't exactly the nicest place to stand around creating essences. Like I said, we could try to reclaim and/or secure that tower that popped up near the portal, which since nobody has bothered to correct me on I am assuming I was correct in the assumption that it belongs to TOAM, or maybe just head someplace where the grass is less purple. It's unwise to hang around in eldritch climes for long.

3 essences

Chorkinaan was not particularly enjoying his surroundings, but that was only half of the problem. The other half was that he was for this immediate moment out of things to do, which made him think about the purple tower near the portal that was suspiciously familiar.

Summon a cluster of generic cubes.

Cuberac returned to before the snowline and noted how surprisingly warm it felt compared to what was just a few feet away. He conjured a bunch of green cubes, though some came with eight walls again for some reason. It was annoying how this was becoming increasingly unusual.

make four essences, then make my balloon into a balloon animal using my expert clown skills! poke the inactive unresponding guy with a finger.

Clownman began twisting his balloon of incompetence with loud rubber rubbing noises that seemed entirely out of place. He was not thinking too much about what balloon animal he was making, but was surprised when it turned out not to be an animal at all. It was a caricature of a devil, horns and all. Clownman shrugged and decided to go greet the other guy from closer up only to notice that he had left while he was working on his balloon wrangling skills.

Mmmmmm

meditate.

Flare sat down on a chair next to the table and began meditating. To meditate was to open your mind to the currents of magic, to attempt to pull in thoughts that were not entirely your own. What Flare managed to pull in was a feeling of metal, not underground but high above the sky. With enough power, he could pull some of it down here, see what it was made of, or crush what undesirable things he saw.

{Gained 4 uses of Meteor spell}

Take the serrated sword to the other skeleton and rip him apart.

Duritarum dived downwards towards his bloodstone rod, but mistimed the dive and got hit full in the face with the flames of the second skeleton. Maybe it was all the times when he had to reconstruct his face after experiments, but the flame rolled off harmlessly, allowing Duritarum to grab his rod and knock off skeleton's right arm.

Damond:

"HAHA! You are funny, no-eared man! For this I spare you! Now then!"

Damond punches the fourth wall to add the d to the end of his name. More seriously, he dashes off in a random direction, making 3 Punches essences as he goes.

Damond spun on his heel with his eyes closed for a few times, waited until the world stopped spinning around him and marched on straight forwards. What he found was swamps. Authentic leech filled puddles and swamp gas included. Then again, swamps could house trolls, basilisks and even hydras, so maybe not all possibility of a good battle was lost.

try to regain consciousness, if I do then fly to the tower in my new form

Magic was not to be toyed around with, it was a lesson Seva was currently learning. His everything was in pain, too much pain to move. Maybe he'd be able to move later. Maybe this would stop. But probably not.

{Regained consciousness, lost turn to pain.}

Cast healing spells on Skelliborn until he is healthy (though still cursed unfortunately).
"That should help, but I don't know any way to cure your curse so be careful."
Also give him back his healing swiss army knife.

James magicked all of Skeliborn's wounds closed and returned his healing swiss knife. This way, if he eve got injured again, he had at least a chance of not going down to cascade of injuries caused by the curse. With that, he was finally clear of any injured and was now free to busy himself in other ways.

2 spaces all northwest hex?

Also, 3 essences.

Surg left the mountain and moved on through the burning fields. Someone seemed to be shouting after him but he ignored that. The strange sights beyond fire had caught entirely too much of his attention to think much about noise. What he found was land of stone that seemed to have hundreds of cracks in it, some big some small, and from those cracks gleamed gemstones.

My word, the uses for this Eternity stuff are truly fascinating! It may come in handy later. Now, though, I need to fix up this thing. Can't go running around in disfunctional machinery!

Repair my armor using 3/3 essences (1 +1CMP, 1 +1POT, 2 +1/+1). Also create one essence.

Jiksap focused on his armor and sent his magic to repair the flaws it now had. Bent lines straightened, plates that were pushed out of place moved... Actually, more than required amount of plates moved all at once, leaving a few gaping holes in the armor, which immediately began leaking water.

{Suit regains +Armor}

"Wait! Melee-looking guy! Let's make a Buffer-Fighter team!"

Make 3 more Major Blood Music essences.

Jackson saw the bulky man speaking to him. He couldn't hear it though, it was annoying when ears were the first thing to go. The bulky man turned away and walked through the swamps with momentum of a glacier, entirely unaffected by the change in terrain. It was futile to chase, so Jackson just stayed here for the moment and continued practicing his voice. there was some trouble at first, when sound disturbed something in his blood that made him feel exhausted, but the real show started a bit later. Infrasonic sound waves could do amazing things to a human body and Jackson was feeling it as seemingly all of his bones began cracking at once.

{Cracked bones, -1END, physical damage guaranteed to break bones.}

Skeliborn
Action:
Stand still in order to conserve while James heals me. Follow the group if they change locations.

Skeliborn checked himself over to see that he had in fact stopped leaking at seams. It seemed to be fine for the moment, although if someone saw him with all the blood over him they might confuse him for a ghoul. That shouldn't be too much trouble, hopefully.

Xom focused on the shards of his enemy, feeling the faint, orderly pulses of law magic resonating from the remnants of Bernardo's soul. For years, laws had worked to oppress him, limiting his magic and hindering the spread of chaos. Now, that same power was within his grasp. The power to distort laws, tear them down, and haphazardly build them anew. There was much work to be done.

Crush the shards to obtain a new affinity: Law.

"Cease fire."
Impose law magic on the pyramidal construct, ordering it to obey me.

If dominance is achieved:
Take the opportunity to rest and begin recharging magical reserves (make a maximum of 2 essences). Look around. What can I see?

Xom, having finished off his nemesis, turned to the construct now seeking to order him into neat piles of dust. He wondered abut an appropriate one-liner for the situation, but between there being no one to hear it and doom pyramid approaching, he decided to skip it. Not focusing on a one-liner gave just enough time to dodge aside from a destructive light beam. It would seem that his magic was not enough to cow the pyramid, possibly due to not being Egyptian enough.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:05:26 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 174 Halberd of Neutrality
« Reply #5663 on: July 28, 2016, 07:55:14 pm »

As is becoming regrettably usual, PM's will be processed tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: July 28, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »

switch to my new form and fly to the tower, changing back if I get there
have my birds follow me

((map isn't working btw))
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: July 28, 2016, 08:05:48 pm »

((map isn't working btw))

Fixed, hopefully.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: July 28, 2016, 08:08:35 pm »

"oh I like this........I like this a lot......"

go outside and use one metor spell. not to hit anything. just to pull it down and observe it. use an essence +1/+1
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: July 28, 2016, 09:18:31 pm »

Damond:

"Soon, soon! I shall find a good fight!"

Damond makes 3 punches essences, then looks for trouble. AKA, enemies, preferably with good loot.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: July 28, 2016, 09:35:18 pm »

Make a fort from the generic cubes and summon a small hidden mobile sense-extended(sight level, if I get to choose) diamond cube. Use 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences,1 chaotic +1 CMP essence, 1 normal +1 CMP essence, and 1 normal +1/+1 essence.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: July 29, 2016, 02:34:11 am »

((Wait, you moved my char Northeast instead of Northwest? But yeah, i discovered something new, so don't fix it :P))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 506