Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179813 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 52 Back with schedule
« Reply #795 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:34 pm »

Two more essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 27, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

Sit down and look to see if anybody is near me.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 27, 2015, 03:18:34 pm »

I kinda want to kill someone.

Make essences instead. I'm being bold and try making 3 of them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 28, 2015, 08:39:12 pm »

Turn 53

LUCK [1]
STR [2+2=4]
END [4+1=5]

Estzu, confident in his ability to outrun the mythical winds, remained stationary, waiting to see where the unpredictable storm would move next. This seemingly intimidated the storm, as it retreated back the way it came. Fleshwarper did not have the time to gloat, however, as what probably was the stealthyest treant in the forest managed to aproach mage from behind and throw a hearty punch to smash any illusions of grandeur. Estzu himself was considerably less smashed, suffering no real damage, and readying himself in a combat stance.

"Get out of here, it's too dangerous!" James yells to the two mages, his voice amplified by the mech's speakers.

Summon an active bomb into the monster's mouth. Use 2 +1/+1 essences and 4 +1POT essences.
Continue shooting it if it survives that.
Finally, conjure a summoning essence to replenish my depleted stocks.

CPM [5+2-2=5]
POT [1+2+4+1+1=9]
LUCK [7] {material}
CMP [2]
POT [5+1+1-1=6]

Warning given, James atempted to pull out a bigger gun. Calling once more upon unreality from which all things are summoned, he called a huge nail bomb, just above the mouth of beast in the lake. It fell for just long enough to dissapear behind fearsome maw, before exploding. Sound of explosion was quicly swiched to owerpowering roar, as the creature reacted for the first time to damage dealt.

Recover consciousness. Swim the last meters & run!

END [6]
LUCK [9]
SPD [(6+1=7)/2+1=4.5]

Kahel came back to his senses half drowning, as he heard an explosion somwhere behind him. Deafening scream soon followed, which in turn beoned great increase in random tentacle flailing. One of the tentacles hit into thermomancer from below, throwing (un)fortunate mage to the shore. Kahel landed on all fours, and without even stoping to cach breath ran off. Adrenaline powered dash led him towards the volcano, to the very peak where lava was the hottest and water was the scarcest. He had enough water for today.

Two force essences for now.
Two more essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [1]
POT [1]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [2]
POT [4]

Crimson and Jase continued meditating, oblivious to the battle raging on the other side of the portal.

Sit down and look to see if anybody is near me.

LUCK [4]

Romanticanus sat down to examine his curent options. Dealing with Malal would be... difficult. Other sorcerors on this plane were curently better prepeared. mabye a sacrifice would help in moving things along? With such thoughts Chaos sorceror observed surounding lands, taking note of huge beast in the lake, a castle to the east and severe lack of suitable sacrifices not located near a mass of tentacles. Well, at least there would be none to disturb him.

I kinda want to kill someone.

Make essences instead. I'm being bold and try making 3 of them.

LUCK [9]
CMP [1+1=2]
POT [4-1=3]
CMP [2]
POT [5-1-1=3]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [6-1-2=3]

Ishin felt need for destruction, anihilaation in immediete sence. But he was not yet ready, he knew it and so he prepeared instead. Fate seemed to respect his desire, as tentales ravaged lakeshore evrywhere but where he stood, while essenses he made were of pure power.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:58:58 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 53 Eating a hedgehog
« Reply #799 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »

"Heh. Another one. Care to join your friends in a moment? I guess I can start with you."
If there is time before the storm arrives, Etszu Warps roots into the earth from the Treant's legs, binding it in place.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:35:57 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 29, 2015, 02:41:19 pm »

"Are you hungry for more?"

Laser off the rest of its tentacles. Try not to hit Ishin.
Make 2 healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 30, 2015, 05:10:57 am »

Fly up and look around once more.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:59 am »

It's time for grand magic! Using ALL my essences, I create an obsidian power staff (by expertly cooling some lava) to help my magic in the future.

((Not sure I will be around for the next turn; create two essence if I don't respond.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2015, 01:31:25 pm »

Create one essence and meditate.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »

Update delayed due to two people having not posted yet. Gues sundays/wednesdays it is.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2015, 05:24:11 am »

Gather Light around me and release it as Large (-1) laser at the monster. Use +2 CMP and +1 POT essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2015, 09:06:48 pm »

Turn 54

SPD [4-1=3] vs [6-1=5]
DEX [2]
STR [1+2=3]
END [1+1=2]
CMP [2]
POT [1+1=2]

Estzu acted on knowledge of ents natural slowness to take the chance and remove mobility of this particular treeman entirely. A plan that was foiled by the fact that ent before him was the swiftest tree in this whole forest. Whatever fleshwarper had planed was quicly spoiled by a swift, yet thankfully weak right hook to the face.

"Are you hungry for more?"

Laser off the rest of its tentacles. Try not to hit Ishin.
Make 2 healing essences.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [4+1+1=6]
CMP [6]
POT [1+1+1-1=2]

Autoaim makes short work of remaining tentacles, yet infoboard showing "Power:50%" indicates that mabye this mashine was not meant for lenghty deployments. At least it is not overheating.

Fly up and look around once more.

LUCK [1]
STR [1+1=2]
END [6]

Crimson, now feeling ready to explore unfamiliar landscape, ascended upwards. He managed to get as far as the treetops before something slaped him on the back of his head flying by. It moved too fast to see what it was, but a nearby shriek shatered hopes that it was just a branch.

It's time for grand magic! Using ALL my essences, I create an obsidian power staff (by expertly cooling some lava) to help my magic in the future.

CMP [6+2+1+1=10]
POT [6+2+1+2+1=12]

By command, lava coaleses into a form, it takes shape of a staff with a head ornated like a dragon. Powerful magic is sealed within the staff, as eyes of the dragon glimer with flames. When Kahel reached out and finaly took the staff in his hand he could feel a presense, like reassuring whisper, somehow implying certainty of success.
{Reroll all 1's}
Create one essence and meditate.

CMP [5]
POT [4]
LUCK [3]

Jase continued with his meditation. Five minutes later, he caught himself snoring.

Gather Light around me and release it as Large (-1) laser at the monster. Use +2 CMP and +1 POT essences.

CMP [2+2=4]
POT [5+1-1=5]
LUCK [7]

Ishin atempted to join in on the fight by redirecting sunbeams at monstrocity within the lake. As spell snached light from suroundings properly, but when it came to using it there was a surprising mistake. Instead of manifesting as a beam, spell instead made monstrocity shine with blinding light. Still, judging from smell of coocked meat and increase in tentacle flailing, it seems to have done something.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:05:56 pm by DreamerGhost »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 28 Exploration for Exploitation
« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2015, 09:47:43 pm »

Why is the mech at 20% power? All I did was run a short distance, fire the laser, fire the autocannons, and fire the laser again.

Also, why am I rolling for accuracy? The mech has auto-aiming systems.

Oh wait, there is auto-aiming system here. Nevermind, relaxation ahoy!

One more thing, when I summoned this mech, I used animate, not mobile.
Animate: Same as mobile, but will be able to do some minor shape changing. (Weapons would be able to change to other weapons, golems would be able to reattach limbs, armor would become tougher when attacked and so on.
So what shape changing abilities does it have?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 54 Staff of Bait
« Reply #808 on: February 01, 2015, 10:11:02 pm »

(I could say that I was actualy roling not for you and for the autaim but that would be a lie. I totaly forgot how overpowered that mech was. And now I get to figure out what kind of transformer it is too. I'm gonna call it a golem with swapoutable weapons. Say name, roll well, and it's yours. I now slightly regeret giving it to you and may have the monster crawl out from the lake to try and eat you.  As for energy used, I presumed that you wanted to shoot until there were no more tentacles.)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 54 Staff of Bait
« Reply #809 on: February 02, 2015, 12:57:44 am »

((Thanks for the answers. Sorry for being so powerful. I've been fighting mostly defensively to avoid unbalancing the game too much. Send out the monster, let's have a proper monster vs robot fight!))

Go two hexes south, so if the monster attacks me it won't be near the tree. Take a few potshots at it with the autocannons. Try to make the mech form a shield and a retractable sword, for defense and melee fighting.

Perform a magical medical examination on the monster. I want to know what it looks like beneath the surface, whether it has any weakpoints that I could shoot or obstruct with a growth spell, and how serious its injuries are.

Then create a summoning essence.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:04:52 pm by NAV »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 506