Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163701 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 175 Mythical restoration
« Reply #5700 on: August 02, 2016, 12:39:37 pm »

Damond:

"Aha! Prepare to die!"

Damond starts out with a punch with his right fist.
Use a GBM-boosted Inspire Courage on this guy, then sing a GBM-boosted, magical lullaby to the troll (cast Sleep on it).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: August 02, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »

Damond:

"Aha! Prepare to die!"

Use a GBM-boosted Inspire Courage on this guy, then sing a GBM-boosted, magical lullaby to the troll (cast Sleep on it).

You are about 200 meters away from them. Magic does not go far distances all that well.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:43 am »

Now that his armor was properly fixed, there were grander matters to be thinking about. For example, what should be his next megaproject? Speaking of which, has he done a megaproject yet? Not here, anyway. The last time he made a megaproject it called itself Cerebrus and tried to destroy the universe... with stupid brain puns and comic book references. That didn't turn out so well.

Go back to the council room. 3 essences.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: August 03, 2016, 11:33:59 am »

Xom's campaign to establish dominion over the pyramid shall continue.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 03, 2016, 12:13:43 pm »

Supressing his burning desire to roll on the ground to wriggle in some strange rainmaking dance ritual - an influx of emotions he addressed to his restored bodily functions - Kahel got up and smiled:

"Perfect restoration! James, your mastery surpassed my expectations. Consider myself in your debt. I'll do what I can to repay you - just mention it."
"I don't need much. How about you try to pass on the good deed to someone else, that should be an acceptable payment."

James leaves to continue searching for Viznor the Seer.
While searching he checks up on Grundar and crafts 3 healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 03, 2016, 12:21:44 pm »

(Perhaps it's time to rejoin civilisation.)

PM.
Head towards the tower.
2 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 03, 2016, 02:59:01 pm »

PM.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: August 03, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

"Hm... Right, I'll do as you asked. Passing the torch on... Heh. This gives me some interesting unrelated ideas, though."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 174 Halberd of Neutrality
« Reply #5708 on: August 03, 2016, 07:34:39 pm »

Make a fort from the generic cubes and summon a small hidden mobile sense-extended(sight level, if I get to choose) diamond cube. Use 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences,1 chaotic +1 CMP essence, 1 normal +1 CMP essence, and 1 normal +1/+1 essence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac made use of his newly obtained generic cubes and built a generic cube fort. The fort was not generic, as it had only two towers, both decorative only, but that was irrelevant. What was relevant was the summon that was worth building the fort for. A dice sized clear diamond appeared, it's natural translucence improved further by magic. It floated slowly above the fort walls and revealed to Cuberac the lands beyond. The third eye was working perfectly.

Apologies for not doing this earlier.
Also, it is CMP/POT
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:37:23 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 03, 2016, 08:15:01 pm »

Settle into my fort, and send my third eye to explore the inhospitable region. Form one essence.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: August 04, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »

Turn 176

Rip out the heart of the rabbit and eat it raw, in an attempt to please the blood god. Observe wasps, attempting to gain enlightenment afterwards.

Sunday abandoned watching the wasps for a moment and tore up a rabbit. With bloodied hands he tore out it's heart and swallowed it whole. He felt a presence shifting it's gaze on him and red clouds surrounded the very edge of his vision. The blood god was watching

keep flying towards the tower, see if I can make essences, make 2 if possible

Seva flew off from the swamps, over the fields and over the Tower's walls. He flew through a window into the Council Chamber and landed there. Even in this form he was able to concentrate power, though he suspected that any more complex magic would have very little chance of success.

Supressing his burning desire to roll on the ground to wriggle in some strange rainmaking dance ritual - an influx of emotions he addressed to his restored bodily functions - Kahel got up and smiled:

"Perfect restoration! James, your mastery surpassed my expectations. Consider myself in your debt. I'll do what I can to repay you - just mention it."

Create three more [Liquid] essences while observing living mages on the map, planning my future hunts. Also, try to find Xazoliomuhr in the same way - despite his lack of any magical affinity, he might show up there as an inherently magical creature of demonic origin.

Kahel looked over the fourth wall at the map there, searching for new victims. The trouble with new victims was that he did not really have all that much for himself. A sword and a half active enchantment. Improving the selection of targets was as easy or as complicated as it was expanding his arsenal.

2 essences.

Surg was in trouble and he knew what to do when in trouble. Step one, don't panic. Surg mentally added a tick next to step one and began gathering power. Step two, identify the problem. He thought about it and added a tick next to this one as well. Step three, if possible, fix the problem. That was the step in progress, hopefully soon to have a tick next to it as well.

use the chaos 2/1 essence and the +1pot essence to make it animate again.

Clownman focused on his crawling balloon, channeled some fresh magic into it an it  sprung back to life. Well, an imitation of life, that some priest would probably deem heretical, but it was floating even with him on top and that was good enough. Clownman now had a flying pillow all of his own.

Fire and blood, power of burning vitality... Ha.
Shape the blood from the bar turned crescent and some from one side of the serrated sword and create a staff center piecing the Heart.

Duritarum molded solid blood and bloodstone into one, and it glowed red as bloodstone fused with blood. A staff in shape of double helix formed, with the Heart of Fire firmly on top. Just as the staff finished shaping, Duritarum heard running steps coming from both exits from the room. It would seem he had triggered a trap.

I'm a tree...  :D

Well, anyway, I was thinking I'd head towards some interesting land I saw east of here. Would anybody like to come with?

Chorkinaan walks around the blast zone on its south side and heads east towards that sort of crags-looking area, making three essences on the way.

Chorkinaan left the group of mages and ventured eastwards in search of new adventures. It seemed that he had chosen the right direction, as a choice between a plain covered by fire and a forest of mushrooms just screamed adventure to him. Chorkinaan chose fire fields as they seemed less likely to surprise him at the moment.

Damond:

"Aha! Prepare to die!"

Damond:

"Aha! Prepare to die!"

Damond was faster than the troll and threw a punch first. It was a light punch, but it was swift and it hit the troll straight in the face. The punch itself was more of a distraction than anything for trollish constitution, but imbued magic tore off skin and flesh enough to cause serious pain. As troll staggered back, two spellsongs drifted from far away. The first one made Damond feel rather more bold while the second seemed to confuse the troll, causing it to stand in place motionless.

Now that his armor was properly fixed, there were grander matters to be thinking about. For example, what should be his next megaproject? Speaking of which, has he done a megaproject yet? Not here, anyway. The last time he made a megaproject it called itself Cerebrus and tried to destroy the universe... with stupid brain puns and comic book references. That didn't turn out so well.

Go back to the council room. 3 essences.

Jiksap, decided that there was little left to do here, unless one wanted to explore the crater, which he didn't. Plotting anything large would work just as well in the Tower, and the magic auras would speed up whatever he'd decide to do considerably. He began to trek towards the tower at a clam pace, the impact that damaged his armor, while not particularly damaging, was still enough to make itself felt even now.

Xom's campaign to establish dominion over the pyramid shall continue.

Xom cast another spell towards the pyramid and watched with trepidation as it stopped firing and began spinning in place. Then, he felt a mental link form and knew that he finally tasted success. The pyramid was still considerably damaged, but it's firepower would help out considerably.

"I don't need much. How about you try to pass on the good deed to someone else, that should be an acceptable payment."

James leaves to continue searching for Viznor the Seer.
While searching he checks up on Grundar and crafts 3 healing essences.

James called up Grundar through his walkie-talkie for a check up. The trees were not going any worse than they were before and the fire tree was growing something like fruits. Grundar wasn't certain but it seemed that the amount of spikes was also decreasing. Checkup complete, James thought about how to look for Viznor. The fourth wall map was available, but he could try a more interesting route of search.

(Perhaps it's time to rejoin civilisation.)

PM.
Head towards the tower.
2 essences.

A portal opened next to the Tower entrance and from it stepped out Ilium. The portal closed after him and he proceeded to go in the tower and paused in the entrance hall. There, he looked around as if to confirm that all was there as he had left it, and a faint smile appeared on his lips.

Settle into my fort, and send my third eye to explore the inhospitable region. Form one essence.

Cuberac settled into his fort and sent out the spy eye towards the snowy fields. What it found was snow, more snow and even more snow. It was possible that any life here was camouflaged and lying in wait, making it invisible to the eye. Or it could be truly as devoid of life as it seemed, not unlikely for such a harsh place. Just as Cuberac began thinking about moving further on he noticed at the edge of his eye something not white. On further investigation it was revealed that it was a small snowed over tower.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 176 Ilium Returns
« Reply #5711 on: August 04, 2016, 07:09:42 pm »

Managed to get PM's done on time for once. Turns out that people were right and coffee is great.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: August 04, 2016, 07:25:01 pm »

Crush 4 shards for +1 pot. Pick up a dead wasp from the floor (if there are any) and a bone from the rabbit.

((Assuming wasps are still building.))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:48:17 pm by vishdafish »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: August 04, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »

switch back so that I can be healed by the towers regeneration field.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: August 04, 2016, 07:31:10 pm »

"Oh mighty Blood God, I beg for the honor of becoming your emissary in this land!"

Pluck out both eyeballs and offer it to the red cloud, while kneeling.

{Before you embark on the terrible idea, The clouds around your vision are merely illusionary. The blood god wants to see blood, not necessarily yours. Knowing how (not) generous gods are, you are probably better off blinding someone else.}
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 506