Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176769 times)

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 181 Fighting Ghosts and Conjuring Relicts
« Reply #5895 on: August 23, 2016, 03:08:28 pm »

continue exploring with my new slime friend! four essences.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: August 23, 2016, 05:22:49 pm »

Forge on to the east.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »

Intrigued by the sudden appearance of the blood-red mark in the sky, Ilium heads to the highest point in the tower to get a better view.

PM.
3 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: August 24, 2016, 02:23:48 pm »

Make three more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: August 24, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »

Inside Kahel's mind, memories ran in short succession, starting with battle against treants in the old island, continuing with rapidly declining luck and ending with still-imprinted pain of aching limbs. No. He won't let this continue!

Flee from this cursed place, where no one beside druids should ever place their feet!

If retreat fails, use (up to three times, if needed):
"Burning Hands" - novice spell which requires direct contact and burns opponents into fine crisp while scaling with power. Not quite sure about modifiers, as simple heat transferral should do the deed quite fine. Perhaps "massive"?

Else, search for a mage to greet with fiery previously-described death.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

Imbue the oversized ring with [chaotic Law +1/+1], [Law +1POT] and [chaotic Chaos +1CMP] essences to create a barrier for containing and concentrating chaotic energies within the circle.
More chaos essence roulette!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: August 25, 2016, 03:42:40 pm »

Complete the trade, then PM stuff.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: August 25, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »

Turn 182

2 more essences, head southwest to where the mage is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva flew off towards Damond and observed him form a distance. He seemed to be battling a troll ghost, sans one arm. There was a troll corpse nearby, possibly the same one Damond was fighting.

Damond, Master of Fist!:

"Duritarum? Nice name, but not mine."

Damond glares at the fourth wall, raising a fist.

"In any case, I've spent long enough fighting you. FINISHING STRIKE!"

Damond took a nice look at the link that connected the troll's soul to its body, preventing its soul from simply disintegrating. Then he punched it, using GBM to help fuel the modification of this particular punch to make it have a cutting effect.

{Dammit, that's twice I have messed your name up now.}

Damond left the troll to reel from the damage sustained and focused on the link keeping the ghost here. He then punched the link with knuckle pushed out and severed the link with a piercing strike. The reeling troll continued falling backwards, fell to the ground and then through the ground, dispreading forever. The creature was finally as dead as they get.

"Hey."
Position hyperbladecubes next to each cultist, prepare to murder if they get unfriendly.

Cuberac sent out his squad of hypercubes, waited a second, then stepped out into the light and introduced himself. The chanting ceased immediately, and cultists turned to him. One is slightly better robes than the rest shouted "Capture the interloper" and the cultists charged towards Cuberac. This was not the greatest of plans.

I can help make a rope to get you out of there.
Make a rope out of grass blades.(copying Inca(n?) technology here)
Oh, hey! Well, that went well. I guess I ended up altering boiling point as well as melting point. Well, now you've got your own little platform! It's a good thing that gaseous stone is apparently lighter than air, or you'd be suffocating right now.
Chorkinaan stepped back from the hole and turned towards Skelliborn, speaking in a lower tone.
I swear, if getting into TOAM is THIS easy, there's just no way there's NOT going to be a coup. Nice pocket dimension claws, by the way. Let me help you with that rope.

Chorkinaan casts a spell to perform fine modifications to several of the physical aspects of the grass which makes up the rope Skelliborn is creating, in order to make them more ideal for being woven into a rope. No essences.
((just a few minor tweaks to some of the essential attributes. Cohesiveness is a good thing to raise slightly, as is overall toughness. Just helping make a good rope.))
"Thanks."
2 essences.

If the ropes are successful, climb it up.

Skeliborn conjured a rope of grass blades, a rope of decent quality and passed it to Chorkinaan. Chorkinaan improved the rope, strengthening and tempering it. Their effort was rewarded with a rope fine enough to tow trucks, but there was a weakness that they failed to account for. Namely, Surg not having the strength to pull himself out of the pit. He might had been able to get out if his leg wasn't stuck, but between the pain and actually being stuck, he ended moving not one inch upwards.

Even more powerrr with GBM.

Easter Sunday continued filling his form with power when some of the lines bent and fell on each other. An intersection collapsed rather than overlapped, threatening to throw off the entire structure. Easter swiftly connected the fault to a sacrifice and allowed magic to take it's course, destroying the sacrifice utterly. The outline returned, this time correctly, and the spell remained strong. There would had been far more trouble if he had not had the sacrifices.

Well then, if drugs don't work then let's give him old fashioned bear hug, the kind that grinds ribs into dust and snaps spine in five places.

And I think I had some tentacle vines on my juggernaut? I magic them wrapping around his neck and into his mouth, and taking root in his flesh.

Shias approached Jackson, but the mage sensed him somehow and had a spell ready. It was a insidious spell, one that attacked his mind and the magic that rested within. Vines and moss began growing over Shias at incredible speed, as power of his essences flowed out and fused with plants around him. The only luck was that there wasn't enough growth to incapacitate him, but it was all extra mass that was not particularly useful. It showed how useless it was as Jackson took great care to stay well out of Shias grip, running away as soon as Shias got closer than five meters.

{Shias: Lost one of each essence. Gained Moss layer - Defense against blunt force increased}

"Here you go. Pleasure doing business."
Give the heavy lead containment box to Viznor in exchange for the translated book.

Flip through a few random pages to make sure everything's readable (and makes note of what forms are on those pages), then thank Viznor and head home to the tree.

I'm trying to cut down on the summoning lately, since summoning takes things from someone else (as shown in the techpriest incident which James feels guilty about)... James takes a ring off his finger, solid gold decorated with an emerald, and attempts to enchant it. Enchant it to make sure whatever objects I summon were abandoned and unwanted by anyone else. 5/5 of essences and a lesser blood magic.

The enchantment should probably make summoning more difficult due to the smaller selection. But I can always take it off in emergencies.

{Usually, I'd say that such enchantment is beyond your ability (You'd need Enchantment for it), but this is mostly just fluff so eh, whatever.}

James flips through the book and on the very first page there are descriptions on how to recognize buttons by touch. Apparently, they are different and since you lack ability to see in ultraviolet, the only way to recognize which is which is by touch. You manage to find the one which returns the Cube to a base form from any other form. It worked well, and James gave Viznor a heavy lead box in return with a thanks. James the took off his ring and forced onto it an enchantment, some would say to avoid consequences. Truly, it was because James was possibly the only genuinely good mage, and not having people asking to return their property was just a bonus.

Remember what I was doing.

{You were in the Tower, pretending to be a potted plant to all systems, conjuring Essences and pondering philosophy.}

continue exploring with my new slime friend! four essences.

Clownman continued going deeper into the island, and found some rather interesting creatures. they looked like jellyfish, but they floated above the ground seemingly looking for something. Clownman decided against checking if he fit the criteria of what they were looking for, but there was a rather amusing incident when one of his incompetence essences ran wild, causing a jellyfish to float up and down as if it was drunk.

Forge on to the east.

Duritarum left the flare and ventured eastwards. Whatever the flare would attract, he had no interest in it. In the east, past a mushroom forest he found a rock flatland with cracks, and two mages overlooking a crack. The cracks revealed that there were gemstones of all kinds trapped within the rock, easily accessible for anyone who wanted them.

Make three more essences.

Gambler sat comfortably in his throne, resting from dragging it for a fair distance. the luck potion rested in one of his many pockets, and had yet to attract any snoopy inspectors. Now the chair, There was a dilemma. Use it or not? He was still quite lucky, but with the blood curse, it paid to be careful.

Inside Kahel's mind, memories ran in short succession, starting with battle against treants in the old island, continuing with rapidly declining luck and ending with still-imprinted pain of aching limbs. No. He won't let this continue!

Flee from this cursed place, where no one beside druids should ever place their feet!

If retreat fails, use (up to three times, if needed):
"Burning Hands" - novice spell which requires direct contact and burns opponents into fine crisp while scaling with power. Not quite sure about modifiers, as simple heat transferral should do the deed quite fine. Perhaps "massive"?

Else, search for a mage to greet with fiery previously-described death.

Kahel turned around and rushed straight out of here, but he was not swift enough. Vines reacted to his swift movements with swift movements of their own, wrapping around his limbs and dragging Kahel upwards. There was some panic and then Kahel returned to tried and trusted method of pyromancy gardening. A vine writhed and then withered in his hands as sparks flew freely. few quick touches returned Kahel on the ground and swift legs took him away. There was nothing good about this forest.

Imbue the oversized ring with [chaotic Law +1/+1], [Law +1POT] and [chaotic Chaos +1CMP] essences to create a barrier for containing and concentrating chaotic energies within the circle.
More chaos essence roulette!

Xom looked over the huge ring before him. It was not exactly suited for personal use, but that did not make it useless.  It could still be used as a focus, or even as a gateway. Outside of the ring reshaped itself into bismuth patterns and a barrier unnoticeable to those not attuned appeared around it. It proved amazingly useful as just moments later essence flowed out from Xom's hands and was captured by the ring.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »

PM's will be coming out tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 182 Ghostbusters and Kiting
« Reply #5904 on: August 25, 2016, 08:03:02 pm »

Huh. I was expecting something more devastating from a scream into the aether that was supposed to be made at the exact frequency required to break nature magic like glass.

Wait... Why didn't Shias get the penalty to the luck roll that I specified in the spell?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:13:50 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: August 25, 2016, 08:03:09 pm »

Easter Sunday burns the remaining sacrifices and finishes the ritual.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:00 pm »

Well since it looks like you can't climb the rope right now that you're we're going to need to pull you up. Could you tie the rope around your waist or do I need to come down and tie it for you?
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: August 25, 2016, 09:24:00 pm »

You should at least have something to tie it around, right? If the waist is a bust, the chest should work. If you're worried about us pulling your legs off or something, I can use my magic to patch you up and create prostheses, and I know of  a... (ugh) healer, who's part of TOAM as well, and can probably grow you a new pair of legs.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:26:48 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: August 25, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »

Don't activate the chair yet. Summon a vial and hollow glass orb with an opening, then make a luck essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: August 25, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »

2 more essences, walk over to Damond, follow him to help find whoever he is looking for

Hello there, did you just punch a ghost to death?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:34:09 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 506