Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180942 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 182 Ghostbusters and Kiting
« Reply #5925 on: August 28, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

Xom begins to destabilise the aether within the ring, following up the procedure with more chaos roulette.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: August 28, 2016, 08:28:24 pm »

Turn 183

Easter Sunday burns the remaining sacrifices and finishes the ritual.

Easter Sunday left the remaining sacrifices to burn and let the collected magic flow into the prepared form. Chitin filled out, wings sprouted and a stinger extended. instead of Easter now stood a humanoid wasp about two and a half meters tall. it had four arms that ended in sharpened chitin gauntlets, the stinger was dexterous and could flex around at almost any angle to deliver a long stinger filled with poison. Eyes were dark, but attention was stolen from them by menacing mandibles just below.

Spoiler: Wasp armor (click to show/hide)

Don't activate the chair yet. Summon a vial and hollow glass orb with an opening, then make a luck essence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler conjured himself a vial and a hollow glass orb. Combined with the throne he was akin to a priest of entertaining science in the making, he lacked only some mysterious substances in his glass implements.

2 more essences, walk over to Damond, follow him to help find whoever he is looking for

Hello there, did you just punch a ghost to death?
Damond, Slayer of Ghost Troll:

"Yes! Yes, I did! Wait, are you after my loot?"

If birdmage takes offensive action against Damond, birdmage gets the spell he cast punched back at him using GBM.

If for some reason a dinosaur mage tries attacking Damond, dinosaur mage gets hit with a cutting punch fueled by GBM.

If for some reason they both attack Damond, Damond punches the ground to create a shockwave to hit them both. Using GBM.

If neither of them attack Damond, Damond slings the troll corpse over his shoulder and goes off in search of the mage who assisted him in his fight with the troll, making 3 Punches essences as he goes. Last Punches essence made gets boosted by GBM.

Seva greeted Damond, who returned the greeting while maintaining a healthy amount of skepticism as to the intents of the mage. As Seva failed to show any hostility, Damond grabbed the dead troll and positioned it comfortably over his shoulder. It was damn heavy but it was not going to stop him. What did stop him was an overflow of magic that struck Damond right in the solar plexus. Not particularly harmful, but Damond decided against walking until he could breathe again.

Have my cubes slice through the cultists, and use my sharp cube to slash at anyone who gets close.

Cultists rushed towards Cuberac with no fear in their actions. Cuberac made use of this foolishness by forcing more than a spark of power in his cube cloud and they fired through the ranks of cultists striking down several and embedding into wall behind them. Then cultists were upon him swinging daggers everywhere. he dodged the first dagger, escaped the second with but a scratch, but the third dagger caught him right in the stomach, sinking up to hilt. Cuberac responded with a swing of his sharp cube, crushing and cutting up the cultist.

{4 cultists and Cult leader remain}

Continue pondering the ineffable, and making essences.  3, to be precise.

Magus N.A. continued conjuring more power and sinking in meditation. Great amplifying antenna that was the Tower sent his thoughts far and they were caught by a passing spirit. the spirit slipped into the wall enchantments and painted it with colors of blue and green - the color of friendship.

go to what seems like the end of the map, ignoring and avoiding the jellies, four essences.

Clownman sneaked through the island, taking care to go around jellyfish. He noticed that in some places sand and pebbles moved about ever so slightly, indicating possibility of more slimes lurking beneath the sand. They were not showing themselves, possibly because of his new friend or possibly because he was floating rather than walking. Then, one of his essences failed, causing some significant incompetence in sneaking and making about six jellyfish turn towards Clownman and beginning to float towards him.

Return to the tree while thinking of some things. 3 Healing essences.

James left the tower with his new book and went back to the tree house. It was nice there, calm and sunny as it was just far enough away from the tower that it's clouds did not block the sun.

Help Skelliborn tow Surg up out of the hole.
((OOps, forgot.))

Tie the rope around my body.
Instruct Surg through tieing the rope around his body. Once the rope is typed, pull Surg up.

Surg tied the rope around himself and raised a thumb up. Skeliborn and Chorkinaan pulled with all their strength. Surg felt a fresh surge of pain in his leg, but he began moving upwards.  A few grunting steps later, Surg was free to limp wherever he wanted.

Xom begins to destabilise the aether within the ring, following up the procedure with more chaos roulette.

Xom focused on the ring and tossed another spell of chaos in it. The air in the center of the ring began shimmering. Something interesting was happening there, though there was a chance that the ring would break before some really interesting happened.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 183 Cultists and Saviours
« Reply #5927 on: August 28, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »

PM's should come in 12 hours. AoshimaMicho, your action will also be processed then.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: August 28, 2016, 09:53:35 pm »

Alright, you're free. Can you walk OK, or do you need a little extra help? I believe I sensed the... (ugh) healer, headed towards that creepy tower near the main portal.
Chorkinaan seemed to speak the word "healer" reluctantly, and with no small amount of contempt.
Now then, Skelliborn, shall we begin? I'll start by gathering some sacrifices.
Chorkinaan creates a small, heavy solid-physicality bottle, ties the rope to its neck, and sends it down the crack in an effort to collect some of the liquid rock without venturing down into the dangerous crack.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: August 28, 2016, 09:58:40 pm »

Enchant the vial to condense ambient luck into a fluid form. Use 2 +1 POT essences. Then make an essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: August 29, 2016, 01:12:09 am »

Xom enchants the ring with the ability to push chaotic anomalies out of its structure as a means of reinforcement. Chaos removed in this way shall be drained into the circle's centre. Use: [Law +1/+1], [Chaos +1CMP].

Another serving of chaos roulette, if you will.

((By the way, it seems that Bernardo has not yet been removed from the map key.))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:56:37 am by Prismatic »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: August 29, 2016, 03:21:26 am »

Enchant the vial to condense ambient luck into a fluid form. Use 2 +1 POT essences. Then make an essence.
"screw you guys! I'm taking all the luck for myself!"
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:43 am »

Damond, He Who Has Received A Punch:

"Blast it all! Bah!"

Okay then. Damond attempts to search for the mage who helped him in his fight. After he does so, he makes 2 Punches essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: August 29, 2016, 08:48:25 am »

"screw you guys! I'm taking all the luck for myself!"

((That's perfectly fine as long as he keeps it to his room. If it affects other places in the tower, we may have a problem.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: August 29, 2016, 12:16:11 pm »

Insert my chunk of Eternity into The Omnicube.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: August 30, 2016, 12:09:40 pm »

Help Damond in his search, since most of the mages are by the tower, fly that way, stopping if I see anyone

Make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: August 30, 2016, 02:44:27 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: August 30, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »

Keep my hypercubes slicing, and try to block those attacks.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: August 30, 2016, 06:40:18 pm »

Another search for wildlife.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »

That damn non-nature oriented mage is better stop moving. He's running on grass, right? There's plenty of all kinds of ground vines probably and other plants that now will grow larger, stronger and faster and trip and tie him up and grow into his nose and mouth and lungs so I can walk and stomp his head into fine mush at my leisure.

Lesser blood, 2 chaotic +1/+1.

{Okay, ATHATH is not sending in a legitimate action so here goes the delayed action}

Shias, seeing that his opponent was making good use of encumbrance that came with wearing an entire tree for armor, decided to make use of the lack of attention Jackson was having to the ground below. Magic flowed through the grassland and the wild thoughts within the essences seemed to agree with the decision. A wave of tiredness washed over Shias as blood magic took it's toll, but the effects were fascinating. Grass shot out upwards, growing five times as large in about one third of a second, and as grass does while growing, it pierced right through any obstructions, that is to say, Jackson's feet. He was not running anywhere anytime soon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:27:06 am by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 506