Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180489 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 186 Planar travel and Space exploration
« Reply #6045 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:33 am »

Error 404: Post Not Found
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: September 12, 2016, 11:54:36 am »

((I meant the five shard bonus for the kill.  ;)))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: September 12, 2016, 11:59:39 am »

((I meant the five shard bonus for the kill.  ;)))
((Shards are not magically appearing in hands of the killers, if you mean this. Instead, shards are a crystalized soul of a magical being. Anyone can get it, but usually the killer has priveledge of being the closest one. Also, mages normally respect the killing rights. If they're not trying to mess with the killer, of course.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: September 12, 2016, 12:21:53 pm »

((Oh, thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood the rules. :o))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: September 12, 2016, 03:15:00 pm »

"DRUID! PREPARE TO DIE!"

"The we die together!"

Shias pulls out his magnificent staff of living wood. It's positively humming with power waiting to release. No sane mage would want to be in vicinity when that thing breaks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:17:23 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: September 12, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »

Blood. So much blood... For a moment, Kahel could not believe all of it came from his gaping chest injury. For the next, he could not believe the power he had now in his possession.

"You're dead."

Use animated blood to regulate blood flow and form a protective crust over the injury. Next, use the blood already on the ground to form a bubble around pyramid beam-forming crystal to crush or temporally neutralize it. If Xom is material, rush in to deliver cutlass directly into his body.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: September 13, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

Just three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: September 14, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »

use three 1/1 chaotic and 1 1/1 essence to make myself not incompetent at searching, then search the cliff face for any points of interest.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: September 14, 2016, 07:45:33 pm »

Summon my mace. The one at the bottom of the lake on Duck Island.
Summon a mundane first aid kit.
Summon a healing potion.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: September 15, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

Turn 187

Check the cultists for soul shards, double check the leader. Hope that the thing they were trying to do wasn't finished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac looked through the pockets of the slain cultists. He was not disappointed, as neither anger nor pain are technically disappointment. First cultist had nothing, including pockets. Some had knives, most had nothing, one had a pocket which upon inspection was found to contain an armed mousetrap for some mysterious occult purpose. The cult leader had a better quality robe and his knife had a ruby set in the handle, but was otherwise just as lacking in decent loot. As Cuberac turned away from the cult leader he looked back at the sacrifice and noticed something new. A red cloud was hanging above the sacrifice and drawing in blood from all over the room. It swiftly formed into a shape akin to a genie, except that it's face was featureless except for two glowing eyes. Words echoed from the walls "State your wish, mortal"

Travel into the tower. Same travelling arrangements I think.
2 essences

Chorkinaan grumbled as he walked. He felt left out, disappointed in a way which was impossible to ignore. Not 300 meters away was the most intense magical battle he had seen in minutes, but to take part would be to forsake the wonderous impossible science in which he was about to indulge. Besides concentration on his own magical essences, one thought raged powerfully through Chorkinaan's mind:

(God damn it, why do all the cool people have to be in the pacifistic guild?)

Keep helping Surg along to the tower. Three essences.
2 essences, move along.

Trio of mages reached the tower and entered through the opened gates. Immediately the healing aura began working on Surg's injury, and three mages paused in the courtyard. They had reached their goal. An increase in power and decrease in consequences of all kinds with only minor possibility of losing your head to the wall ghosts. Truly, all a wizard could ask for. But as other two pondered what to do next, an idea struck Chorkinaan. If there was a conflict, someone had to have initiated it, which meant that there was at least one mage in that pile of spellcasting that was not protected by pacifist principles of T.O.M.E.

Three essences.

Try to figure out why I felt like I was being watched.

Magus N.A. looked over his general wards and found them all in place. this left only one thing, and as he reached out with magic he found that his suspicion was correct. His designation as decorative plant was changed to "guest's baggage". It would seem that the master of the tower noticed tampering with the system and did not approve of it.

"well you're already on fire, so this probably won't hurt too much."

Pick up Jackson and fly him to the tower, once hes inside the regeneration field, put him down and fly back to the fight, fire breath on Easter if I have time
"No, master of birds, you may not do that. I claim his soul."

If anyone attacks me, then shatter my power staff holding all the ritual power.
Otherwise claim Jackson's soul. By grabbing tight hold of him so he can't be carried away and crushing his head.
And get out of the way of fire.

((I don't see any reason why a healing punch would work, but Damond does have a "healing" punch... admittedly it's extremely dangerous, but it should work... oh wait. I have a much better idea.))

Damond, Puncher of the Impossible:

"DRUID! PREPARE TO DIE!"

FIST. Sending PM. Use GBM plus the chaotic essence. For even smaller odds. After all, we're in Discworld, so million-to-one chances should be almost guaranteed!

Seva dived towards cripled Jackson and gripped him firmly with his claws. With a mighty beat of wings Seva rose back to the air, but in this rise he forgot two rather important things. Jackson was hair's breadth away from death and his neck was firmly within Easter's mandibles. A twist of neck killed Jackson, but it was the decapitation by ripping apart the neck that really confirmed his death. Angered, Seva breathed fire at Easter, but his inhuman reflexes saved him.

Shias, being the smart one here, moved himself out of the flames. last of his Juggernaut armor peeled off in layers of charcoal, but it left his flesh mostly unhurt, not counting the ingrown roots still being there. Then, there was a light push from behind, followed by some remarkably miniature treant looking guy falling in front of the Druid. It took only moments to notice the staff and deduce that the one fallen in front, was, in fact, Shias himself, or rather, his body. Behind Shias stood very confused looking Damond, looking at a ghost of a mage who was looking at his own fallen body. This was not going well at all. Unseen by any, Easter tossed the head of Jackson at Damond, but missed and slipped on the ground, falling face first into the mud. Fire raged surprisingly harmlessly around him.

{Shias, Ghosted, 3 turns minimum. Can't interact with physical world, can fly, can cast magic, all phys stats reduced to 0. Can (not required) return to body whenever after 3 turns}

Just three essences.

Gambler allowed himself to relax a bit in his lucky throne, with the charm done a significant amount of trouble would be no longer able to touch him. Well, at least for as long as the charm was fueled. Still, it allowed him to go around with far more confidence that nothing too horrid would happen to him.

use three 1/1 chaotic and 1 1/1 essence to make myself not incompetent at searching, then search the cliff face for any points of interest.

Clownman purged another flaw away from his character. This time it was much harder, possibly due to the size of the flaw. Few wizards had trouble communicating what they wanted but almost all of them lost stuff all the time. Nevertheless, he succeeded, and would no longer be troubled as long as he knew what he was searching for. He did not this time, but he did find something very interesting. there was a hidden panel built into the side of the island, and on the pad were four buttons. On these buttons, there were pictures, Water, Fire, Earth and Air were each represented by a stylized image.

{Competence in searching- re-roll failed LUCK rolls while searching for something specific.}

Summon my mace. The one at the bottom of the lake on Duck Island.
Summon a mundane first aid kit.
Summon a healing potion.

James continued his summoning spree and conjured the mace he had a few hours ago. It had maliciously decided to appear just above his head but James managed to sidestep the issue by taking a step back and allowing the mace to fall on the ground. next came a med-kit, something he was technically qualified enough to use with great effect but really hadn't used in years. it showed, as the med-kit appeared filled with bottles of medicinal spirit and nothing else. Healing potion went much better.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 187 Conflicted destinations
« Reply #6055 on: September 15, 2016, 04:15:03 pm »

PM's and PM related accessories come out tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: September 15, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »

PMed action!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: September 15, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »

Search the land for anything of interest. The flares are clearly attracting nothing for the time being.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: September 15, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »

PM
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: September 15, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »

Damond, Your Soon To Be Doom:

"Firebird? Get out of the way."

FIST. PM sending.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 506