Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177600 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 189 Fresh meat and Fresh mist
« Reply #6195 on: September 25, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »

((Missed a few turns. Busy catching up. Here's a quick action.))

4 more healing consumables of various types.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: September 26, 2016, 03:10:28 am »

On a side note, is anyone interested in making a TV Tropes page for Roll to Magic? I think it's gotten big enough to deserve one, but I'm too lazy to make it.
I've got no idea how to construct a TV Tropes page, but this sounds like an interesting idea.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: September 26, 2016, 05:56:03 am »

Unless "Burning desire" translates to "I want to immolate myself without getting hurt by that", fire affinity does not allow granting wishes.
FTFY
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:55 pm »

Turn 190

Ignite a globule of blood on the top of the staff and venture in with my "torch".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duritarum lit up his staff as an oversized torch and descended downwards. It was a difficult path, as each step could have led to a fall of uncertain height, but Duritarum managed. Still, he felt better after reaching the bottom. It was about twenty meters of climbing, though it felt like more. Before him was a tunnel, with walls too smooth and angular to be naturally occurring.Another thing that marked it as unnatural were unlit torches on the walls. They seemed to still be good enough for light, though lighting them risked attracting attention if anything was here.

Three essences.

Magus busies himself within the Tower.

Good day Shias, It seems like this tree is on fire. Would you like mind if I moved the fire away from the tree and into a more productive place? After all, smoky bear says that only you can prevent forest fires and I want to do my part. I plan on using the very fire that inflicts the tree in part of a spell which ideally would require about 100 pot and a several mages.

"The tree is not on fire, the fire is inside. But feel free to remove it."

Pull myself together, so to speak.

It was fun enough being a ghost, but that was just not proper. Shias, being a druid, knew all about what was proper and sometimes gave lectures on it. Also, he liked being able to reliably pick up things. As such, he laid back over his body and allowed himself to sink in. When he opened his eyes and raised a hand to them, it was proper flesh and blood. And roots.

((I'm fairly certain that the gate to the elemental plane of fire is inside the tree, good luck doing anything about that...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"The first step towards the construction of a new robot army! Several absolutely diabolical tiny cube-bots! Though they might need some improvements..."

Doktor Diabolical casts a spell aimed at increasing the size of the cube-bots. Then, he checks to see if they're currently his minions by ordering them to follow him, and then walking a few yards away. If they are not obedient to him, he casts another spell aimed at binding them to his will, and uses an essence of some kind(so long as it's non-chaotic and aids CMP) to boost it if available. If they are already obedient to him, he shrugs and creates 2 absolutely diabolical robots essences.

Doktor Diabolical rejoiced. He was already making good progress towards world domination. The cube bots grew to a size of a fist and there were dozens of them. They were not particularly loyal, but that was swiftly fixed with some more magic. The trouble was, the cube-bots were also not particularly intelligent, nimble or fast, which translated to a bunch of stones trying to pick each other up and being really inept at it.

((Shouldn't Kahel have been injured in ethereal form due to his "Melting" status? Or was that remedied?))
((Quite sure it wasn't. Still, its not that damaging, else I'd become a puddle of gore in mere moments into the fight. Also, it must be not "melting", but something akin to "leaving some parts of your body on the other side", because DG thought I had a Liquid form, not Ethereal one. I mentioned this issue earlier.))

Scorch Xom head with my hand. Then slash melted tissue off. Optimally, along with his head. Oh, and hide from the damn lazer-shooter behind the body.
((Shouldn't Kahel have been injured in ethereal form due to his "Melting" status? Or was that remedied?))

More pyramid lasers! Have the construct levitate high enough to get a clear shot of Kahel's head, angled towards the ground, irrespective of his attempts to hide. Fire a disintegration ray of my own, aimed at destroying Kahel's still-exposed lungs at close combat distance. Also continue using the Lotus beyond its intended purpose. That is to say, use it to parry Kahel's blows and proceed to smashing his skull open.

Kahel attempted to go with fire rather than ice, as just chilling Xom was not achieving much. Xom's skin wrinkled even more as it was microwaved, but this too failed to do him appreciable harm. Even worse, it seemed that Xom wasn't running out of ribs, as the blade bounced off one of those again, though. between the wounds and the blood loss, Xom would stop moving soon enough. Xom gave as good as he got, or at least tried to. As soon as Kahel saw a cloud of white light in Xom's hand he released his foe and rolled. He did not stop the rolling until two beams of light crashed into the dirt and one cuboid missed just as well. But while this all was going on, Xom saw something else with the edge of his eye. He moved by reflex rather than thinking about it, which may have very well saved his life. Cloud of blood with two burning eyes stood there, with a spear, also blood red. As he looked, the spear turned liquid and rejoined the cloud.

{Xom, bleeding out, 3 turns}

Jiksap's work was momentarily disrupted by the glorious call of a Mad ScientistTM much like himself. This one seemed rather interested in robots and being diabolical, though, so chances of friendship were slim. Robots are good. Robots trying to kill him not so much.

((where's that little blue hedgehog when we need him))

Summon a box of clockwork parts. Recall information on the jet I scanned way back when. Create two machine essences.

Jiksap pulled upon the ether again, but all that fell out this time was a single brass cogwheel. It was pesky, but he'd wait for his powers to recharge and maybe try again. For now, he thought back upon the Jet he had scanned some hours ago. It was a great thing, built to hunt frost dragons or destroy anything less sturdy than a fortress in the sky. Rebuilding one could be tricky, as some of the parts were simply too large to move around without help. Also, he didn't have the parts.

Summon a (glass) ring that causes the holder's spells to be more likely to succeed (or succeed better, if they'd succeed anyway) by chance, tapping into the user's luck, using a +1/+2, +2/+1, and 2 +1/+1 essences. Then make an essence.

Gambler conjured another glass and magic construct to bend fate, this time, an offensive one. A ring to throw opponents in the harm's way. The trouble was, like most luck based magic, it was not particularly reliable and had a chance of doing nothing.

{Ring of misfortune, -1LUCK to all enemies.}

Consume some of that cube and take a closer look around the tower.

Cuberac climbed back up the stairs to the tower while nibbling on the healing cube he had conjured. The knife slid out of his shoulder as the wound healed. Then the scar that marked where the wound was turned black and extended forward, forming a spike of black bone. The tower itself turned out to not be particularly interesting. The remaining unbroken boxes turned out to be empty, except for one which contained salt. It did protect from the cold outside for what that was worth.

Chorkinaan's mage senses were tingling. Somewhere close, somebody was hatching a plan. A beautiful, glorious plan, the kind all lesser magi strive to achieve, but only an entire guild of those as powerful as himself could pull off. And here he was, admitted into such a guild, all of them dedicated to the only thing chorkinaan held in equal regard to finally achieving divinity. The one true form, indeed the very purest and most powerful form of knowledge.

!!SCIENCE!!

Chorkinaan would get involved. He must! But for now, he had to work on some sacrifices...

3 essences, explore the tower in search of some metal or someone who could provide metal.

The trouble with building a tower entirely of magic is that there are really not that many non-magical resources within. After some searching, the only metal Chorkinaan managed to find was parts of thrones in the Council chambers.

Time's running up for me....

2 Essences.

Surg was not particularly busy right now, just waiting for his two comrades to return. There was some dealing happening around him but he did not particularly pay attention to that. The battle happening nearby the fire tree was far more interesting.

make four essences, enter the tunnel.

Clownamn entered the tunnel and looked around. It was hard to see in the lack of light, but the tunnel seemed to have holes in walls and floor, seemingly at random. He moved forward, but as the cloud of incompetence floated forward, it moved over one of the holes and the bit of the cloud that was over the hole was instantly torn off. There seemed to be some sort of force coming from the holes.

Summon big propellor blades

Skeliborn looked over the remains of the battle over the fire tree. It had taken to the air, and thus, mostly out of his reach. There was other stuff to do still, and so he conjured up a propeller blade, though it came out a bit too straight to be very effective. It would take some work, possibly involving a hammer.

((Missed a few turns. Busy catching up. Here's a quick action.))

4 more healing consumables of various types.

James continued conjuring healing items. Maybe he'd be able to finally open up a shop as he previously wanted. Maybe, he'd sell poison on the side, he thought, as another dose of black sludge went into hazard container.

Have the stung eagle fly to the tower, to see if it can benefit from the regeneration field, if the other eagle can get close enough have it attack Easter again, otherwise have it help the injured one get to the tower.

Drag Easter into the fire tree, don't let him leave

{The eagle was less stung and more impaled. It is dead.}

The strugle in the skies continued, as Seva failed to drag Easter into the flames and Easter failed to kick Seva off him. The flame form of Seva made Easter's atempt to stab him inefectual while Easter's reflexes made attack by second eagle just as fruitless. But only one of them would win this tug-of-war, and the loser would suffer greatly.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 190 Strugles and Bloody assassins
« Reply #6199 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:07 pm »

I assume that pm's will be processed tomorrow?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:30 pm »

3 Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: September 26, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"This is going to take a while, isn't it. No matter. Diabolicalness will triumph in the end!"

Doktor Diabolical attempts to grant additional processing power(read: intelligence) to the cube-bots. Then he makes three essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: September 26, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »

Kahel eyed the blood abomination with wary gaze.

"That's not mine. Someone else has interfered our battle."

((Xom is so very tough... Thankfully, not so dexterious or magically adept.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: September 26, 2016, 11:57:48 pm »

Summon a pair of dice that apply random effects to a target, then head out of the tower, toward the burning tree and somewhat mad mages.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: September 27, 2016, 12:26:44 am »

Create another bottle, then break off a piece of metal from one of the thrones by selectively melting, like how I did to drop rocks on the guy I decided not to murder in the end, all while using my powers of deduction to determine (and target) the one which is the least valuable in every possible way. Collect the liquid metal in the flask, then take everything back out to the courtyard, where Surg is.

Chorkinaan grumbled to himself. It was something about making enemies. Or was it about NOT making enemies?

Look for some less prized metal to deface and/or bum off of somebody.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:38:15 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: September 27, 2016, 01:00:46 am »

Create another bottle, then break off a piece of metal from one of the thrones by selectively melting, like how I did to drop rocks on the guy I decided not to murder in the end. Collect the liquid metal in the flask, then take everything back out to the courtyard, where Surg is.
((I don't think any of the mages who made the thrones, specifically the ones with metal in them which I assume would be Flare's and Jiksap's, would appreciate you defacing them like that. Seems like it'd be a breach of common courtesy. You'd probably be better off asking Jiksap to summon metal bits and bobs that you could melt. But hey, if you really want to possibly break someone's chair, go for it. Just don't be surprised if there are consequences. Like angry magi who want to replace the damaged parts of the chair with your bones or viscera. This PSA brought to you by MATH (Mages Against Throne Harming).))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:12:48 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:28 am »

Shias, the Druid of West

All that effort, wasted for nothing. Staff is gone, ritual power is gone, shell of wood is gone. I'm right back in the starting point. But such can be course of nature.

Shias collects anything useful left over by magical explosion and goes to the castle, first time since assault of alcoholic mage.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:39 am »

((27 26 (looks like key's been messed up again) mages on the map, and the blood assassin chooses to go after the one who's already holding on to his life by a thread. Such is the way of RtM.))

"..."

Xom regards the fiend with fatigue and rage simultaneously evident in his glazed eyes. Would the intruders never cease?

Finally beginning to lose hope, Xom attempts to seek shelter from this hostile world by encapsulating himself in a shell of fused dust (using all remaining essences), leaving the pyramid to continue firing at Kahel. If the spell happens to fail, take a final defensive stance and try to fend off attackers.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:42:42 am by Prismatic »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:25 am »

Hearing no answer and seeing blood figure approaching once more, Kahel ceased hostilities for a moment, to make sense of the situation.

Summon frozen liquid shield to counter the pyramid beams. Slowly retreat from the fight to observe blood creature actions.

((I'd rather not sacrifice Xom to this bloody specter... When I find the one who sent it, this mage should regret his actions bitterly.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: September 27, 2016, 10:10:35 am »

Keep trying to pull Easter into the fire tree
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 506