Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180220 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 190 Strugles and Bloody assassins
« Reply #6210 on: September 27, 2016, 11:13:57 am »

I assume that pm's will be processed tomorrow?

PM's were processed yesterday. I am pretty certain you did not send one with an action.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 189 Fresh meat and Fresh mist
« Reply #6211 on: September 27, 2016, 12:01:32 pm »

I assume that pm's will be processed tomorrow?

PM's were processed yesterday. I am pretty certain you did not send one with an action.
((Sorry, but I can't help but to be sarcastic. FIRE. Of all inherently dangerous things not to be messed with, you picked up FIRE.

We had three Fire mages and one Fire NPC. All of them died horribly.
We also had two Heat mages. Both are already dead.
We still have one Temperature mage, who is still here by the virtue of using cold instead of fire whenever possible.

To sum up: good luck, the brave one!))
It was thematic, okay? Besides, fire elementalists can do some non-destructive things too, like doing things that have to do with burning passions/desires, heating machines, causing storms, etc. What can antimatter do other than power or blow up stuff?

Besides, I have a plan.

((You forget it's probably ATHATH's new character and if the mage does have a fire affinity, it's part of some probably overly convoluted scheme to harness the portal to the Plane of Elemental Fire that was created at the end of the fight.))
You know me too well, Beirus. Therefore, you must be rendered unto ash (or enslaved) in the name of our fire elemental masters.

"I hereby claim this land in the name of the Empire of the Eternal Sun. Terraforming will begin shortly. I recommend that anyone who does not want to slowly melt and eventually boil should prepare themselves for the coming heat or leave the metaphorical kitchen."

Begin the terraforming ritual, which will be pm'd to DG soon.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: September 27, 2016, 12:09:58 pm »

Keep trying to pull Easter into the fire tree

((A word of advice: Easter's autosuccess DEX roll will make your action useless if the attack consists of a single move. You should combine this with something like a flamethrower blast or an eagle strike (or both).))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: September 27, 2016, 12:25:41 pm »

((Plz no advice :(())

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: September 27, 2016, 01:07:48 pm »

((A word of advice: Easter's autosuccess DEX roll will make your action useless if the attack consists of a single move. You should combine this with something like a flamethrower blast or an eagle strike (or both).))

Since Seva has already grabbed Easter, dragging him into the fire is just an opposed STR roll. No DEX involved.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:54 pm »

Since Seva has already grabbed Easter, dragging him into the fire is just an opposed STR roll. No DEX involved.

((Ah, I didn't catch that part. Ok, guess the tip can be disregarded.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:55 pm »

((I'd rather not sacrifice Xom to this bloody specter... When I find the one who sent it, this mage should regret his actions bitterly.))
((That would be me. I'm surprised he's actually trying to live up to his promise.))
Well, it looks like I'm done here, unless I can use my sightcube to scout that hex in the middle of snowlands. Prepare to head back to the geysers.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: September 27, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »

((I'd rather not sacrifice Xom to this bloody specter... When I find the one who sent it, this mage should regret his actions bitterly.))
((That would be me. I'm surprised he's actually trying to live up to his promise.))
((I know, but Kahel does not. I think you're quite safe from his wrath for the time being - there are too many mages on this island to check...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:42 am »

Summon a pair of dice that apply random effects to a target, then head out of the tower, toward the burning tree and somewhat mad mages.

Ilium hurries to meet The Gambler as he prepares to leave the Tower, handing the luck mage a folded piece of paper whilst stopping to catch his breath. The paper appears to contain a number of hastily drawn schematics together with the draft for a potential trade deal:

Quote from: Ilium's note
Wanted:
a set of luck-enchanted laboratory-grade alchemical glassware.

Proposed trade:
1 soul shard in exchange for the alchemy set with a +1 LUCK enchantment.
1 single-turn invisibility potion for each additional +1 LUCK.

"If you agree with this proposal, please come find me once you have created the requested objects."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:18:00 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: September 28, 2016, 05:24:07 am »

tinker the propeller blades into the right shape.
2 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:12 pm »

Turn 191

3 Essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magus sat in the bar and thought about what to get. Some time later, Viznor came over for a moment to get himself an empty bottle. It was a bit strange to see people more interested in bottles than alcohol within them.

Doktor Diabolical:

"This is going to take a while, isn't it. No matter. Diabolicalness will triumph in the end!"

Doktor Diabolical attempts to grant additional processing power(read: intelligence) to the cube-bots. Then he makes three essences.

Doktor pulled out some magic out of one bot, changed it, duplicated it and scattered it back into the bots. If he did it right, they should be smarter now. One of the bots managed to pick up a smaller, non-bot rock and... threw it at Doktor. The rest soon followed. It seems that he did not actually do this right. At least life long exposure to such events made him resistant both mentally and physically to such things.

Summon a pair of dice that apply random effects to a target, then head out of the tower, toward the burning tree and somewhat mad mages.

{Not going full 8d8?}

Gambler conjured forth a pair of dice to act as a focus of change. They would force fate to tie into knots and split into events with each roll. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any great trouble with that. Armed with his new tools, Gambler wandered out of the Tower and towards the burning tree, where some interesting fights and rituals going on.

Chorkinaan grumbled to himself. It was something about making enemies. Or was it about NOT making enemies?

Look for some less prized metal to deface and/or bum off of somebody.

Chorkinaan abandoned the thrones and wandered off through the Tower again. There was nothing but purple non-material that the tower was made of everywhere he looked. But he did find something unusual, and that something was a brownish mold. Chorkinaan recognized the mold as a spell-mold, a spell that acted mostly like a bunch of bacteria. This particular one slowly ate metals, though it was probably starving here.

Shias, the Druid of West

All that effort, wasted for nothing. Staff is gone, ritual power is gone, shell of wood is gone. I'm right back in the starting point. But such can be course of nature.

Shias collects anything useful left over by magical explosion and goes to the castle, first time since assault of alcoholic mage.

Shias looked around the firetree. There was little left on the ground but ash.Shias checked but the ash was not special in any way. The leaves on the tree were probably quite interesting, but they were also quite high up. Shias sighed and moved off to the tower.

((27 26 (looks like key's been messed up again) mages on the map, and the blood assassin chooses to go after the one who's already holding on to his life by a thread. Such is the way of RtM.))

"..."

Xom regards the fiend with fatigue and rage simultaneously evident in his glazed eyes. Would the intruders never cease?

Finally beginning to lose hope, Xom attempts to seek shelter from this hostile world by encapsulating himself in a shell of fused dust (using all remaining essences), leaving the pyramid to continue firing at Kahel. If the spell happens to fail, take a final defensive stance and try to fend off attackers.
Hearing no answer and seeing blood figure approaching once more, Kahel ceased hostilities for a moment, to make sense of the situation.

Summon frozen liquid shield to counter the pyramid beams. Slowly retreat from the fight to observe blood creature actions.

Xom called chaotic dust towards himself and built a shell to safeguard himself against the new opponent. The effectiveness of this could be debated, as the blood genie reformed his blade into a hammer and smashed the shell, sending Xom rolling. The shell blocked the worst of the damage, but it still hurt. Meanwhile, Kahel dodged another shot of the pyramid and was slinking away with a thin ice shield.

SPD [1] vs [6-1=5]
DEX [autosuccess]
STR [6-1=5] vs [1]
END [2+1=3]

Seva's grip was strong and his body was difficult to harm, but there was something that Easter could do without much difficulty. Something that would hurt too. He bent over, balancing swift movements with his stinger and wings, and ripped ten shards out of Seva's other claw. Seva, enraged by this exploitation of lack of pockets on himself, dived into the flames. This time, Easter did not manage to win the tug and was submerged in flames. Carapace cracked under heat and flesh bubbled beneath as this was just too much heat for Easter to handle.

{Easter,Carapace damaged, Regeneration disabled for 2 turns}

Well, it looks like I'm done here, unless I can use my sightcube to scout that hex in the middle of snowlands. Prepare to head back to the geysers.

Cuberac sent out his cube in search for the center of all this cold. It was magical, he knew this, so there was a good chance for something interesting in the center. And indeed there was. There was a gap in the ground, a hole right through the island fifty meters wide. Within the hole floated a sphere of ice some 20 meters across. It was hard to see details as the cube began gathering ice on it. Normal ice wouldn't have such effect, which left magic. The cube might be able to get closer for more details, though doing so would almost certainly lose it.

tinker the propeller blades into the right shape.
2 essences

The good thing about having a mechanical fist is that it works as a serviceable hammer if you really need it. Alas, hammer is amazingly useless without a good surface to hammer things onto. The blade just bounced, refusing to bend.

This update is coming out earlier because I need to learn UNIX today and there is not much of today left. Anyone who hasn't posted an action yet because of entirely justified expectation that they still have 4-5 hours until update can post them now and they will get processed tomorrow along with PM's.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.-1 Crispy good
« Reply #6221 on: September 29, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »

Follow the mold. If it can sniff out any metal, I'll be there first! If the mold finds any metal, slash it with my sword before it can have lunch.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:30:55 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: September 29, 2016, 01:02:59 pm »

Follow the mold. If it can sniff out any metal, I'll be there first! If the mold finds any metal, slash it with my sword before it can have lunch.

The mold is just a patch on a wall. Possibly, the somewhat unstable existence of the Tower just dumped it there.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: September 29, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »

The mold is just a patch on a wall. Possibly, the somewhat unstable existence of the Tower just dumped it there.
Damn.

Pulse my magic through the mold, in the same "sense physical properties" spell I've used a few times, and once to try and identify where to repair my shattered joints. If I feel anything which is identifiably metal, cleave that mold with my sword. If not, keep looking for metal and/or a source of metal.
What a lucky occurrence it would be, if I found someone who happens to be a metal mage.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: September 29, 2016, 01:46:20 pm »

"Hello."

3 Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 506