Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176999 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.0 Crispy good and Unexpected complications
« Reply #6270 on: October 02, 2016, 06:21:58 am »

. It just wouldn't be as fun if I had to wait, say, 20 turns/3 months to finally assault the tower with an elemental army, y'know?

I'm not helping my case here, am I?

((Just to give you reference, my character has been getting sidetracked from completing a long-standing quest for approaching a year now. The quest is of the style in which I have to go to 3 different locations do something. 1-2 of these locations is in the old map

Oh and I will cease my attack))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:51:21 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: October 02, 2016, 08:43:37 am »

Kahel the Changer. Three kills:

- The Doctor (most morally ambigous one) - took Marcus side in the battle after mercantile discussion.
- Jonas (sadly, vizor made him psycho) - killed him after his minion finished Marcus off.
- Chrisicus Romanticarnus - ambushed and killed with extreme prejudice. Cause Chaos and inactivity.
(-) Dest Eterna - tried to kill inactive mage, but failed to.
(-) Xom - currently trying to finish off.

TOAM probably wants me dead because of Dest Eterna. Though I don't know if he was able to tell them about my attack, since he almost immediately got into the battle with Beholder, got paralyzed, and then evaporized in an explosion.

((Hm? I don't think Viznor interacted with Jonas, certainly didn't mess with his mind. That was some RP thing FoU was doing.

So... Huh. Only two really bad kills/kill attempts. I was under the impression that there were more active/not murder-crazy people in his kill list, actually, but the whole continuous mage hunt thing he's starting again, plus his current power level means he still needs to die.

Unless he's willing to be restrained by some binding oaths, anyway. Those are always an option, albeit one I haven't yet mentioned IC.))

Nope, not at all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:48:54 am by Whisperling »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: October 02, 2016, 11:34:22 am »

((Not you, just visor that served as IC-reason for playing a murderhobo. Without it, Jonas was pretty interesting character to speak with.

I'm pretty cool with dying/killing Ilium, so no need for binding proposals. Not that you'd suggest one IC anyway, as you started discussion with clear intent to kill.

I have interesting ideas both for the next character and extensive shard testing, in case I win.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: October 02, 2016, 11:44:08 am »

. It just wouldn't be as fun if I had to wait, say, 20 turns/3 months to finally assault the tower with an elemental army, y'know?

((Just to give you reference, my character has been getting sidetracked from completing a long-standing quest for approaching a year now. The quest is of the style in which I have to go to 3 different locations do something. 1-2 of these locations is in the old map

Oh and I will cease my attack))
Ah. Thank you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: October 02, 2016, 11:59:19 am »

((Not you, just visor that served as IC-reason for playing a murderhobo. Without it, Jonas was pretty interesting character to speak with.

I'm pretty cool with dying/killing Ilium, so no need for binding proposals. Not that you'd suggest one IC anyway, as you started discussion with clear intent to kill.

I have interesting ideas both for the next character and extensive shard testing, in case I win.))

((Oh, oops. Must have mentally inserted the "n" by sheer force of habit.

Anyway, sure, let's fight to the death. Your/Ilium's death, anyway, apparently. Use nonlethal force if you like, although it won't do you much good.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:02:41 pm by Whisperling »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.-1 Crispy good
« Reply #6275 on: October 02, 2016, 03:21:50 pm »

Turn 192

Pulse my magic through the mold, in the same "sense physical properties" spell I've used a few times, and once to try and identify where to repair my shattered joints. If I feel anything which is identifiably metal, cleave that mold with my sword. If not, keep looking for metal and/or a source of metal.
What a lucky occurrence it would be, if I found someone who happens to be a metal mage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan scanned through the mold. The only metal he found was atoms in molecules of the mold, extracting that would be harder than just making some from scratch. He sighed and continued his search. One room he passed at the end of a corridor was different from the others. It appeared to be a kitchen of sorts, as it contained pots, pans, knives, spoons and forks, all of them steel.

"Hello."

3 Essences.

Magus chatted a bit with Viznor in the bar, though Viznor had to go almost as soon as they exchanged greetings. There was little to do here but continue what was he was doing before, which is to say, gather power.

Doktor Diabolical:

"...Blast it. Let's try this again."

Okay. Doktor Diabolical tries to improve the bots' intelligence once more, building upon whatever has already been done. I mean, clearly they have some combat protocols, why not improve those?

Afterwards, 3 Robots essences.

Doktor decided that the trouble here was that the bots were not smart enough to know what happens to disobedient bots. With that in mind, another upgrade of intelligence was in order. Bots froze for a moment as their thinking was being modified, but began moving again soon after. This time, three bots picked up a fourth and tossed it at Doktor instead. As bots were substantially larger than average rocks around here, it inflicted considerably more damage, hitting Doktor in the forehead and knocking him unconscious.

Keep Easter from leaving
not much else i can do since he has autododge and is already on fire

Easter devoured the shards, empowering himself further and attempted to kick Seva off him again. This attempt was not any more successful than the last one. The fire was burning off the outer parts of Easter's carapace, removing any additional toughness the armor granted.

{Easter +armor lost, can regenerate.}

Glance up from my summoning and glance around. Try to figure out what important things I missed.

Still summon 4 healing items, of various random types.

James looked around for any new interesting things and immediately noticed a massive tree that was venting fire in all directions. It was not too far away from the entrance portal and it's leaves glittered like amber. Not too far away in another direction were four mages and a blood elemental engaged in a three(possibly four) side death match. Conjuring healing items resulted in a pair of grenades, some poison sludge and a rather diluted potion.

Into the tower greenhouse looking for herbs with calming effects. And make four essences while I am it.

Shias walked through the garden in the Tower and searched for few off better known calming herbs. He found White stars, small white puffy flowers that made a nice tea but could also be used to calm nerves by drying and using them as incense.

3 Essences

Skeliborn decided to stay around a bit and see that Karnax indeed stops the ritual ass he said he would. Him promising to was all fine and well but he did start it up for seemingly no reason.

In that case, create a basic LUCK ring using a +1/+1 essence, then make 2 essences. If it succeeds, go to Easter Sunday and attempt to complete the trade.

Gambler conjured another ring of luck and rose from his throne. Easter was outside and he'd need to leave the tower to complete the trade. However, it would seem that some greater force, possibly as a vengeance for all the times Gambler bent it, had it out for him. A shadowy outline of Easter could be seen in a vent of flames, trashing about, seemingly unable to escape.

four essences.

Clownman pondered how to deal with the trouble ahead. The trap ahead would be hard to overcome with his abilities, though there was a good chance that there would be something interesting up ahead.

Xom, faced with the prospect of imminent death and having seemingly been forsaken by The Chaos, turns to the somewhat more...unorthodox...versions of divinity for...er...'guidance' in what might be his final minute in this accursed plane.

Seek divine aid from The Highest Holiness of Home Insurance. If there's no limit to how much we can pray in a turn, throw in a couple of extra prayers to the gods of Cabbages and Frogs for good measure (as well as for increased hilarity if when things go horribly wrong).

Order the blood fiend to go after Kahel instead of Xom, using every ounce of law magic at my disposal. Meanwhile, get the pyramid to land in front of me, standing between Xom and the genie, and instruct it to fire at Kahel if the spell works. If the spell fails, whichever enemy comes nearest shall be the pyramid's target. Be ready to smash things with the inactive nuke if need be.

If I'm not dead by this time, grab on to the pyramid and get it to start levitating in the direction of the Tower.
"Hm... Yes, I suppose you do have a point. Hm... What to do, what to do... Yes. I should be able grant you a good battle if you seek it. En garde, mages of 'Order'. Though there should be no thing such as 'Order' in this realm..."

Rush to Xom to finish him off, changing focus of the pyramid and blood fiend. Use sword and magic as needed. If I do the deed and gain the shards - crush them to complete my ghost state as it was planned initially.

((And I thought of taking Healing as third affinity from his death, you bastards! :P))

Hide from pyramid shot while attempting to turn on glass spider for additional distraction/attack, and using my blood to attack Illium.

((I think I still have thin ice shield to prevent dagger stabs/lazer shots a bit. Also, Xom was bleeding since the previous turn.))

If, somehow, all my actions miserably fail - flee in disgrace.
"I know, Kahel, that murmured words will not prove my intentions. I merely ask you, as one mage to another, to consider the innocents who would be purged if I desired blood and destruction. Such acts are within my power, but I will not commit them."

"Order should not exist in this place. In that, we agree. But it has come, and I believe it to be good. Thus, I will defend and enforce it unto my last breath."

Secret actions.

Blood genie swung it's hammer at Xom, but he managed to roll out of the way. Tome in Viznor's arm glowed and magical bindings appeared over Kahel's legs. They were not quite enough to hold him though, as was proven by him breaking them and rushing towards Xom, dodging diving Viznor on his way. His charge was not to succeed though, as Viznor flew just in front of him. Both Kahel's magic and blade bounced off Viznor's cloak, furious attack repelled by purple shields forming on the cloak just before impact. Behind them, Xom was praying with one hand and casting with another. Gods of Home insurance and frogs began battling over him, both wanting a new follower to boos their small ranks, both too busy to actually help. Blood genie did not seem less inclined to kill Xom either and easily dodged the pyramid beam.

Ilium began circling around Kahel and Viznor, as latter cast a binding spell himself, this one too strong for Kahel to break. He flew up in the air, took aim and let an arrow loose past Kahel's ear. The battlefield froze as people though about the chances of missing entirely stationary target. Unnoticed by anyone, Xom climbed onto his pyramid and began making an escape towards the tower at slow walking speed. It would probably work too, as he was moving upwards.

Air around the fire tree stopped heating up.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:49:41 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 192 To burn or not to burn?
« Reply #6276 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:46 pm »

Waiting for PM's from Whisperling and ATHATH.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: October 02, 2016, 03:31:32 pm »

Easter roars in frustration at Seva's rolls being unable to escape, he tries kicking the oversized bird off him again, and leaving the vicinity of the flame.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:39 pm »

Ignore the pain. Examine the sheets.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: October 02, 2016, 04:09:21 pm »

Drag Easter deeper into the fire tree,pretty sure he still has autododge, but hit with with whatever appendage isn't holding him
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: October 02, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »

Turn updated.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: October 02, 2016, 05:08:42 pm »

((Does Vinzor shields protect him from heat transferal as well? I can think of many ways to bypass them, true, but I want to know.))

"Why do you protect HIM instead of fighting ME?"

Kahel was furious. His target was getting away, carrying precious shards he could have used in this confrontation. And, with bindings in place, he had small chance of actually pursuing Xom. Latter could eventually fly away even at this pathetic speed, not bothered by fight in the slightest!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:10:52 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:00 pm »

I ran out of PM's. To answer a semi-question and remind people of something important.

Xom has 1 turn before he bleeds out.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:52 pm »

I ran out of PM's. To answer a semi-question and remind people of something important.

Uh-oh.

Why do I have a strange feeling that something absolutely insane and ridiculous is about to happen?

On a side note: How does one "run out" of pm's?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: October 02, 2016, 08:01:06 pm »

Uh-oh.

Why do I have a strange feeling that something absolutely insane and ridiculous is about to happen?

On a side note: How does one "run out" of pm's?
There's a cap on the number of PMs you can send in an hour. If you hit it, the server won't let you send any until the next hour starts.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 506