Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181235 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 193 The great escapes
« Reply #6330 on: October 09, 2016, 05:38:36 pm »

"Ha. Ha. Ha... This was great. How I longed for this feeling of powerful magic surging through my veins and heart rushing adrenalin-filled blood through the body. Marvelous! Though I still have at least Viznor after my head. Heh..."

Summon an obligatory beer to numb the pain and congratulate myself. Then, rush back to loot the bodies. If Viznor (or someone else) tries to prevent or lay claim himself - summon the flammable oil - Samples of which I STILL have in my inventory, somehow - on top of the enemy and spark it.

If I get some shards: Crush them! Repair the ghost form!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: October 09, 2016, 11:31:32 pm »

four essences.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: October 10, 2016, 07:51:44 am »

2 essences
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: October 10, 2016, 05:09:37 pm »

Turn 194

((Good grief, Doktor Diabolical's luck is horrible. When it comes to casting, anyway. I wonder...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Okay, ENOUGH!"

Doktor Diabolical stands up, and exits the pool.

"You are my minions! I am your master! I am not an acceptable target of your combat protocols! Do I make myself clear?"

"Diplomacy" commences. If that fails, Doktor Diabolical attempts to regain control over his robot minions magically. Again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor returned to the certified method of improving a situation - shouting. He vented himself for a while, but as cubebots began picking up stones again he returned to more direct means of control. Magic reached out to the bots, tearing through their free will protocols, binding them all to Doktor's will. Only after he finished did Doktor consider that he might have overdone it. Bots became docile, but they also became stupid, too stupid to do anything without him commanding them to.

Refine the enchantment on the set, boosting its bonus to LUCK, then make 2 essences. Watch both the fight and the ritual for anything out of sorts.

Gambler infused more power into enchantment of the alchemy set, but the result was not quite what he expected. The glass set melted into an orange puddle. Gambler looked around. The purplish dome around the firetree that included him as well might have something to do with what just happened. Gambler noticed that air temperature was also increasing.

"Huh. An explosion? How interesting, but I'm not ready to fight just yet."

Hop off the vent and leg it in the direction of the tower, closing in just enough to observe better but not remain in direct danger of crossfire from feuding wizards. If anyone notices me, wave politely.

{I forgot to mention this last time, but if you want to change your color just tell me and it will be changed.}

Khozek attempted to jump off the firetre, but it turned out that the tree was a bit slippery. Or possibly Khozek was a tad less agile than he thought he was. Either way, he fell out of the tree and hit the dirt face first. It was an unglamorous start, but he remained uninjured. Khozek got up, dusted himself off and went towards the tower. It was just as purple from closer up.

((Ah, but now those calming flovery thingies aren't in my inventory anymore. Or did I not actually gather them?))

Confirm I got those calming herbs, wear my gas mask, meditate a bit by making two essences and activate my white flowers if they still are there. Scratch that. Instead modify my seeds so they grow fast in soft and succulent human flesh. 2 +1/+1.

{You did get the herbs}

Shias collected White stars and pocketed them for later. With his previous plan demolished, it was about time to consider some reasons of why it happened. One of such reasons was a lack of offensive power, which Shias hoped these seeds he had would solve. They were blood red now, almost flat and with hard shells.

3 essences for now but be prepared to stop essence making should the tree situation looks like it's going to go badly.

Skeliborn began gather power while the sane part of his mind thought wether or not things were going badly. Tree flames had changed. A purplish dome appeared over the tree. A ring of orange and purple appeared over the dome. Air was getting uncomfortably warm. At which point could it say that things went wrong? Was grass blades becoming far sharper was wrong?

What...
The...
CRAP!!!
I mean, what in the nine hells has been going on here!? I've been gone for five minutes! I mean, that's a lot of time for a wizard, but seriously! How long has that been up!? That tree must have taken at LEAST that much time worth of preparation to create! And... Is that... IS THERE A GATEWAY TO THE ELEMENTAL PLANE OF FUCKING FIRE IN THAT TREE??? Oh for the- Of course! Why not! Why would I EVER doubt that there would be at least ONE competent fire mage on this rock! *sigh* Y'know, considering that I had encountered attempted murder, the apocalypse, a trans-dimensional portal into icy waters, a huge boulder of eternity, and the biggest futtbucking beholder I have ever seen, I kinda thought my visit would be a bit more consistent in its excitement! But now look! I've only got one kill and an assist under my belt, as well as a scant few creations which were only barely successful! Gah... I hope Skelliborn gets back soon. I'm itching to get into some !!science.!! Heya, Surg. How's the leg?

Rant. Three essences.

{The rant is so much funnier when you remember that none of the mages involved had anything to do with fire.}

Chorkinaan began thinking aloud. There was simply just not enough space in his head for the thoughts anymore. It was all taken over by bewilderment. It took a bit of time, but he managed to get over it by instantly discarding all comparisons to normal life he had before coming here.

Three essences.

Magus explored chairs in the bar. They were surprisingly comfortable.  One would not expect simple wood to be that good but apparently some care was taken when making them.

four essences.

Clownman continued gathering power and power kept spilling over. This time it attacked Clownman's legs, causing him to become incompetent at running. Unless his balloon can clear this gauntlet, it will be really hard to see what's at the end of the corridor.

{Incompetence at running - Movement of 1hex/turn without transportation.}

2 essences

Surg noticed that Chorkinaan had finally returned back from the Tower. He had collected some power in the meanwhile, so if Chorkinaan has found what he was looking for they might have everything they need for their project.

go catch Easter and bring him back into the tree, have the remaining eagle dive at him before grabbing him, add a fire breath if i can

Seva flew towards Easter as fast as he could, but Easter was ready. He had aa plan to get through the defenses of Seva, to make use of his own momentum against the phoenix. But at the moment just before the impact, the remaining eagle attacked Easter, causing him to reflexively dodge straight into Seva's claws. A claw closed over both of Easter's left arms, squeezing them together firmly. At the same time Seva turned his head and blasted Easter with superheated breath. Whatever progress his armor had made towards recovering was lost instantly.

"Ha. Ha. Ha... This was great. How I longed for this feeling of powerful magic surging through my veins and heart rushing adrenalin-filled blood through the body. Marvelous! Though I still have at least Viznor after my head. Heh..."

Summon an obligatory beer to numb the pain and congratulate myself. Then, rush back to loot the bodies. If Viznor (or someone else) tries to prevent or lay claim himself - summon the flammable oil - Samples of which I STILL have in my inventory, somehow - on top of the enemy and spark it.

If I get some shards: Crush them! Repair the ghost form!

Cloud of blood congealed into a pool of blood which began moving in a manner and shape very resembling that of a snake. It began moving towards Kahel. Tome in Viznor's hand flashed with light and shackles appeared around Kahel. At the same time, Kahel's eyes became clouded by darkness. Before he could deal with either of his troubles, he felt something stab through his chest. In fact, there were several somethings, and those somethings were Viznor's claws piercing through unmoving Kahel. Inward facing spikes caught onto flesh and poison spread through whatever blood that wasn't leaking out of Kahel yet. magical darkness in Kahel's eyes was replaced by darkness caused by losing both lungs and getting poisoned. There wouldn't be another chance.

{Kahel is dead}

Portal flared to life once more, but this time it brought something unusual. The man, or rather, the boy, ass he looked no older than fifteen was known as Redrum, a necromancer of considerable talent and even greater cruelty. His body reflected his views, he was childish and enjoyed playing. As many people found out, he did know how easily bits and pieces come off and greatly enjoyed removing them.

Upon entering he felt around, but was left disappointed The whole island, seemingly serene, reeked of death to his specialized senses. It would take actual magic to find anything recent. Alternatively, there were a few people nearby who could be added to toy collection.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:40:49 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 194 Revolving door of life
« Reply #6334 on: October 10, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »

"...I was meant observe. Record. What am I doing?"

Viznor falls to his knees, mouthing some sort of prayer. This continues until he collects himself, at which time he gets the viscera off his claws and loots the new corpse.

-------------------------------------

Loot Kahel, then take samples of the various magics that have been thrown around. Pieces of the fractal things, one of those chaotic stones or something, doesn't matter as long as it's easy to carry. PM stuff afterwards.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: October 10, 2016, 06:28:05 pm »

((Unglamorous seems to be quite an accurate word to describe Khozek..))
"..I think I could do with an ally on my side. My magic is entirely theoretical, after all." Khozek thinks out-loud.
Notice the man named Shias, try to get his attention and attempt to strike up a conversation about an alliance with him. Make sure he knows I mean no harm as I approach him.

EDIT: Scratch that, Look for Karnax, as he shows strong potential for an alliance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:26:05 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: October 10, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

*facepalm*

Doktor Diabolical facepalms. Then he gives an order:

"If you are not doing anything I told you do at any given time, do what you think I would implicitly want you to do instead. And no, you cannot attack me."

Doktor Diabolical then sighs, and makes 3 Robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: October 10, 2016, 08:04:08 pm »

Return to the tower while making 3 essences.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: October 10, 2016, 11:46:40 pm »

((You're going on a road of no return - a road of murder and greatness  :P
Thanks for the battle. Ending was a bit too fast for my tastes, but that's fine enough. RIP Kahel the Changer, killer of four. I think Whaz still has a lead at his five  ::)))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: October 11, 2016, 02:16:57 am »

Thanks for the battle. Ending was a bit too fast for my tastes, but that's fine enough. RIP Kahel the Changer, killer of four. I think Whaz still has a lead at his five  ::)))

((Usually I'd have kept you alive for one more turn and one last action, but you had no shards to deny, you lost ability to speak( because no lungs) reducing your magic capabilities and Viznor is the tankiest mage on the island. I decided to just save time and skip Kahel's death throes.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: October 11, 2016, 02:56:08 am »

((Usually I'd have kept you alive for one more turn and one last action, but you had no shards to deny, you lost ability to speak( because no lungs) reducing your magic capabilities and Viznor is the tankiest mage on the island. I decided to just save time and skip Kahel's death throes.))
((Understandable. By the way, I was quite far from my killers at the start of the turn. So I'd say that trying to summon celebratory beer first ended my life. Oh well...))

Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)

"Another world. Another challenge to comprehend and resolve..."

Walk into the Tower while gambling in essence roulette.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: October 11, 2016, 08:34:06 am »

((Unglamorous seems to be quite an accurate word to describe Khozek..))
"..I think I could do with an ally on my side. My magic is entirely theoretical, after all." Khozek thinks out-loud.
Notice the man named Shias, try to get his attention and attempt to strike up a conversation about an alliance with him. Make sure he knows I mean no harm as I approach him.

((Technically speaking I'm inside the tower, so noticing me might be hard. But whatever.))

"Yes?"

Modify seeds further: Take over central nervous system.

((You know, I am with the Enlightened. Though only in a certain augmented reality game where I use this very same nick. Coincidence?))

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: October 11, 2016, 11:04:51 am »

((It's a slow road in Viznor's case (see: defender of peace versus a killing spree), but I wouldn't be surprised to see him accumulating a pretty large killcount. No ascension, though, even if he gets the chance. I enjoy this game too much to end it.

And you're welcome, I guess. Kahel put up a good fight, considering he was outnumbered and out-shielded. May he rest in peace.))

((Thanks for saving us the time.))

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: October 11, 2016, 12:26:13 pm »

In fact, there were several somethings, and those somethings were Ilium's claws piercing through unmoving Kahel.

((Unless my character grew poison claws when I wasn't looking, this should probably read Viznor, not Ilium.))

((Understandable. By the way, I was quite far from my killers at the start of the turn. So I'd say that trying to summon celebratory beer first ended my life. Oh well...))

((Life lesson: only summon celebratory beer once the crystallised souls of all your potential murderers are securely bound to your mage wallet.))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: October 11, 2016, 12:50:49 pm »

Alright, I got an auto-fail on my ritual's COMP roll. Who is responsible?

((Life lesson: only summon celebratory beer once the crystallised souls of all your potential murderers are securely bound to your mage wallet.))
May I sig this?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 506