Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163904 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 195 The dead return
« Reply #6375 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:27 pm »

"Interesting. So very interesting..."

Explore the tower while playing ER.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: October 16, 2016, 07:38:25 pm »

Skelliborn and/or T.O.A.M., are you sappin' mah sentry ritual to try to power your soon-to-be-created flying fortress? You've been awfully secretive lately...
((I haven't done any pmned actions since your ritual began. And most of my recent actions have just been essence grinding))
"Nothing unusually unusual was happening there and he had work to do. His allies had finished their preparations and were waiting for him in the tower."
"Now the[sic] would finally be able to continue their plan."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: October 16, 2016, 11:53:33 pm »

Skelliborn and/or T.O.A.M., are you sappin' mah sentry ritual to try to power your soon-to-be-created flying fortress? You've been awfully secretive lately...
((I haven't done any pmned actions since your ritual began. And most of my recent actions have just been essence grinding))
"Nothing unusually unusual was happening there and he had work to do. His allies had finished their preparations and were waiting for him in the tower."

This is meta af.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: October 17, 2016, 12:04:23 am »

Pull Easter back into the tree
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02:47 am »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:03 am »

This is meta af.
I thought that metagaming was justified by the whole "you're wizards" thing.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: October 17, 2016, 10:10:52 am »

This is meta af.
I thought that metagaming was justified by the whole "you're wizards" thing.

A lot of it is, but there are limits. Besides, haven't you died quite enough yet? Also, I mostly try to keep secret actions hints out of the thread. Plus, Skeliborn did nothing to you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:12:57 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:56 pm »

Manifest 2 cubic essences, and continue moving to the geysers.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: October 19, 2016, 12:23:59 pm »

Spill some blood on the tablets. Experiment.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: October 20, 2016, 06:38:39 pm »

Turn 196

Doktor Diabolical:

"Why am I even bothering with these... aggravating... undiabolical... actually, scratch that. These robots are incredibly diabolical in their frustrations of me. Perhaps it's deliberate? Anyways. One more shot!"

Doktor Diabolical attempts, once more, to improve the bots intelligence, this time using his +2/+2 chaotic essence. If it doesn't go well, he clutches his head in frustration and runs off in a random direction. If it goes well, he jumps for diabolical joy. Regardless, assuming he's not in danger, he will make 3 Robots essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor threw magic at his bot swarm one last time, and this time it stuck. It stuck well and what stuck was even better than Doktor hoped for. Bots grabbed onto each other to form a makeshift hand with which they saluted their creator. Doktor could feel a faint link connecting him to the bots and experimentally attempted to give them a command by thought. Just as he ordered, six bots moved aside and formed a hexagon. It was a fantastic success.

Ah, Skelliborn, you're back. Ready to get started?

Try again at liquefying those forks into the bottle.

Chorkinaan greeted returning ally and attempted to liquidize the forks to prepare. He was more successful than before, but they were still rather chunky and gooey. Not quite there yet, but this was the only thing left in his preparation list.

Ah, Skeliborn, you're back. Ready to get started?

Try again at liquefying those forks into the bottle.
I'm ready. Although I would like to see if the tower has a blacksmith room we could use. If there is one then it may include tools that would be useful to mold the physicality material with.
3 essences while searching for a blacksmithing room in the tower. If I don't find one, return to where Chorkinan. If I do find one, return to Chorkinan and show him the way there.

Skeliborn and his allies ventured into the tower and through the empty corridors. It was futile to try to keep track of where you were going in them, which would be incredibly dangerous if enchantments did not keep you from getting lost. But this spatial instability also brought all kinds of objects from from mage's desires. They did find a smithy, it was not overly impressive but it seemed well kept.

Merge those calming herbs with the seeds so the seeds will completely calm down the thing whose nervous system it highjacked. To make them docile zombies doing what the plant wants, just like that one real life fungus which infects ants.

Shias added another ability to the seeds, now with tiny white dots over the green lines. Now, they would calm whoever they are parasitizing, turning them entirely unable to move in minutes. This was going so much better.

Redrum's lips stretched into a sinister smile as the disturbed spirit appeared. He enjoyed making new friends.

Corrupt the gravekeeper, binding it to my will. [+1/+1]

Redrum was not a novice when it came to grave-robing and had dealt with gravekeepers before. This one was not even in a graveyard, making it easier than usual to affect. He forged a spell shaped like dozen black strings and extended it towards the gravekeeper. It tried to resist, but strings attached to it, striping it off it's ability to resist, but not it's will. It was fun to see them struggle against the bindings.

{Bound gravekeeper. Is angry and will try to literal genie you.}

Stand inside the tower and make 4 essences

Gambler waited in the tower. He was waiting for something interesting to happen, something to give him a reason to leave. He thought he had a reason to leave before and it turned out that his customer was in the process of getting murdered. he was now waiting for something more substantial, possibly another ancient creature awakening to sow chaos and destruction.

Three essences.

Magus continued his wait and conjuring of power. there was not that much to do here but this was probably the most comfortable, best stocked AND least likely to be found place in the entire tower. It was nice here.

"Interesting. So very interesting..."

Explore the tower while playing ER.

Ao ventured out through the twisting corridors of the Tower, looking for something of interest to himself. As he walked he looked over the walls and pictures dancing on them. There was something akin to a snake that could be seen through blurred out pictures of clouds, but Ao knew better. What he was seeing was a dragon of the east, and as soon as he figured that out, clouds parted revealing the majestic beast. It's eyes gleamed golden and that gleam spread until it overtook the whole wall, and then vanished. But as it passed it left something in Ao, a spark of fortune for the future.

{Draconic luck, reroll first 1 each turn.}

Manifest 2 cubic essences, and continue moving to the geysers.

Cuberac continued his trek across the plains, but had to pause as he approached the fire tree. The random fire plumes took a moment to figure out and he wanted to know for a fact that those flying about the fires were too preoccupied to try to catch him.

Spill some blood on the tablets. Experiment.

Duritarum conjured some blood onto a lead sheet. It flowed off without much trouble. This pretty much ruled out demonic origin, no demonic magic would fail to react to blood like this. Carefully, he forced a drop of his own blood out of a finger and dropped it on a sheet in case it reacted to a personal link better. It did, and Duritarum experienced the king of all headaches. As the pain subsumed, Duritarum found that he was bleeding from left ear, but otherwise fine. The sheet was still there, unchanged.

Pull Easter back into the tree

Seva and Easter continued struggling against each other in the sky with just enough flapping of wings between them to stay in the air. In their struggle, Seva managed to win out with his larger wings enough to pull them before a vent. Easter managed to execute a complex exercise of dexterity and kick Seva away from himself and into the Gravekeeper on the ground. Seva impacted the ground with a dull thump while his flames set both grass and Gravekeeper ablaze. Easter could not celebrate, however, as his kick-throw was executed just moments before vent flared and engulfed him in flame. The fire burned his exposed wings, leaving him without a way to keep afloat. Thankfully, ground was only a few meters away, nothing to injure him more than he already was.

Questionable as the ally may be, he could still be worth it. After all, Khozek thinks to himself, the Grand Equation has concluded I would find an ally of importance here..

Attempt to manipulate the geometry of the salamander, suddenly and violently inverting its dimensions with the goal of ripping it open from the inside out.

Karnax opened his mouth to shout just in time to catch a mouthful of ash as salamander exploded. Whatever warning Karnax wanted to give to Khozek was obviously unnecessary, as their foe was soundly defeated. Khozek felt a warm feeling of a job well done. Then again, seeing how scorched the grass was under the salamander, it could had been more than just pride.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:40:33 pm by DreamerGhost »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 196 Luckiest of rolls
« Reply #6385 on: October 20, 2016, 06:42:48 pm »

PM's come tomorrow since majority of PM'ers sent preliminary PM's.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: October 20, 2016, 06:50:19 pm »

"Haha! Mwahahahaha! My diabolicalness has prevailed! Now then... Now that I have something to keep me safe... lair time!"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) a miner(-1 for type of bot, or 0 for simple type)-bot that will obey his orders(-1). He uses a +1/+1, a +1/+2, a +1 POT, and a +1 CMP essence on creating it. Afterwards, assuming it's not trying to kill him, he makes 2 essences.

((In other news, Jace now has Wayfarer's doomsword. Bet he does something to that.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: October 20, 2016, 07:29:41 pm »

May I have a list of what is the notable equipment within the blacksmith room or will I need to spend a turn to take inventory?
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: October 20, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

Three more essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: October 20, 2016, 08:12:55 pm »

Alright! This is much better! It took me five minutes to find any meaningful source of metal last time. So, as for sacrifices, I have a couple bottles of liquid, one's unnaturally liquid stone and one's unnaturally liquid metal, I've also got a kitchen knife, it's made of steel, and I have this tube here. It's capable of storing liquids, so it'd work either as a hilt or as a sacrifice. I'm thinking hilt, to be honest. On a side note, I need a minute on that liquid metal; these forks are refusing to melt.

Give melting the forks one more try; hopefully ending up with a bottle of liquid steel instead of a bottle of clumpy forkwater. Form two essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 506