Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180496 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 196 Luckiest of rolls
« Reply #6390 on: October 20, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »

Continue on my journey back to the geysers, and have my bladeswarm rapidly orbit me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:56:19 pm by Zormod »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: October 20, 2016, 11:36:27 pm »

Now we can activate my flowers in the tower to their full extend. But first wear the gasmask. And make up to 5 essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: October 21, 2016, 12:41:33 am »

May I have a list of what is the notable equipment within the blacksmith room or will I need to spend a turn to take inventory?

There are tools and materials, but no finished products. So you have anvil, furnace, several hammers and tongs, tub with quenching oil, some coal, some iron ingots and whatever else you feel should be in a medieval smithy that I left out.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: October 21, 2016, 09:49:19 am »

Fly out of the flaming grass, then switch back to wizard form and summon a pair of ostriches near Easter, if the grass near him is on fire, summon them nearby but away from the fire
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: October 21, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »

Hmm, this is a pretty well-equipped forge. Do you suppose we might be able to cast a bit better if we were to use the smithing setup as a focus? Not a sacrifice; a focus.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: October 21, 2016, 02:18:53 pm »

Hmm, this is a pretty well-equipped forge. Do you suppose we might be able to cast a bit better if we were to use the smithing setup as a focus? Not a sacrifice; a focus.
Not a bad idea. Once you finish melting the forks we can start.
4 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: October 21, 2016, 04:45:39 pm »

"So.. I came here to propose an alliance. The Arithmeticians back at the Tower told me the Great Equation had divined that someone of your description would make a good ally here. As you can see from what I just did to that planar beast, I've plenty to offer in the event of such a pact."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: October 22, 2016, 01:24:35 am »

"So.. I came here to propose an alliance. The Arithmeticians back at the Tower told me the Great Equation had divined that someone of your description would make a good ally here. As you can see from what I just did to that planar beast, I've plenty to offer in the event of such a pact."
"Normally I would be mad at you for blowing up a good, only-slightly-rebelling minion that I spent shards to create, but your display proved that you are far superior to it in power. I'm willing to make an alliance."

"You are a spatial mage, are you not? Can you help me move this portal a little bit farther away from that tower? I'd like to continue drawing power and elementals from it, but the heat that it's producing is bothering some very powerful mage-alliances that I don't want to challenge yet."

Keep the ritual stable while Mallos moves the portal (if he doesn't, pour MOAR POWAH into it). Make two essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: October 22, 2016, 01:55:01 am »

"Normally I would be mad at you for blowing up a good, only-slightly-rebelling minion that I spent shards to create, but your display proved that you are far superior to it in power. I'm willing to make an alliance."

"You are a spatial mage, are you not? Can you help me move this portal a little bit farther away from that tower? I'd like to continue drawing power and elementals from it, but the heat that it's producing is bothering some very powerful mage-alliances that I don't want to challenge yet."

Keep the ritual stable while Mallos moves the portal (if he doesn't, pour MOAR POWAH into it). Make two essences.

"Ah, good. And yes, i can move the portal a bit.. Probably more..heh." Cracking his knuckles, Khozek begins to intensely gaze at the portal, almost as if he is calculating its size and position in accordance to the tower. Use my Spatial Magic to increase the distance between the tower and the portal by lengthening the dimensions of the space between them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:03:21 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: October 22, 2016, 10:10:55 pm »

Recreate the alchemical set with an enchantment akin to the rings from previous. Then 3 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: October 23, 2016, 05:35:44 am »

"Blessed by a spirit of Wisdom on my very first steps... It seems like stars themselves align to light my way to understanding."

Continue exploration, gaining deeper understanding of this wonder of magical craft. +ER. Use +1 POT essence on the first try.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:43:44 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 23, 2016, 10:34:15 am »

Trace the sigils on the sheets onto my blood staff and head off exploring.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 23, 2016, 01:37:52 pm »

((Literal genie orders, eh? I can probably manage to not mess this up for a turn or so.

I love how Redrum's brand new gravekeeper is already on fire. Glorious new turns are on the horizon.))

Redrum regards his new pet with a twisted smile. The annual undead corpse barbecue used to be a pretty popular event back in his early death cult years. There was something about tormented souls and burning rotting flesh that evoked a sense of nostalgia in him. Or was that sadistic delight? A shame he'd forgotten to bring the marshmallows along.

"Hello gravekeeper. You're my new friend now. That means you have to ensure that your actions don't harm me. You're going to die horribly soon! But first you're going to tell me where all the cemeteries and tombs are; I want to know where this world's dead are buried."

Step away from the fire and issue the orders. Direct the gravekeeper to move out of the blaze and roll around until the flames have been extinguished, staying away from me as it does so, but don't permit it to escape. Extract information from it, one way or another. Force it out of the creature's soul if necessary.

3 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 23, 2016, 05:08:15 pm »

Turn 197

"Haha! Mwahahahaha! My diabolicalness has prevailed! Now then... Now that I have something to keep me safe... lair time!"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) a miner(-1 for type of bot, or 0 for simple type)-bot that will obey his orders(-1). He uses a +1/+1, a +1/+2, a +1 POT, and a +1 CMP essence on creating it. Afterwards, assuming it's not trying to kill him, he makes 2 essences.

((In other news, Jace now has Wayfarer's doomsword. Bet he does something to that.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Diabolikal conjured forth another bot, this one shaped like a large mole. It was about a meter tall and had claws for digging through earth easily. Claws aside, it was not particularly sturdy, but it should be enough baring a cave-in.

Three more essences.

Magus N.A. continued waiting in the bar. Strangely enough, he waited sober. There was very little happening there, aside from one barrel bubbling as drinks poured within mixed.

Alright! This is much better! It took me five minutes to find any meaningful source of metal last time. So, as for sacrifices, I have a couple bottles of liquid, one's unnaturally liquid stone and one's unnaturally liquid metal, I've also got a kitchen knife, it's made of steel, and I have this tube here. It's capable of storing liquids, so it'd work either as a hilt or as a sacrifice. I'm thinking hilt, to be honest. On a side note, I need a minute on that liquid metal; these forks are refusing to melt.

Give melting the forks one more try; hopefully ending up with a bottle of liquid steel instead of a bottle of clumpy forkwater. Form two essences.

Chorkinaan gave one more try to melting the forks, finally removing the last of solid bits and getting a liquid about as viscous as honey. This would probably be good enough. Probably.

Continue on my journey back t the geysers, and have my bladeswarm rapidly orbit me.

Cuberac continued his journey,arriving to the gravel fields that were occasionally marked by geysers. There was a choice now, to which of the geysers to go to, to the east or to the south. There was also a field in front of him, with some excess sulfur and floating sand. It was probably safe enough to walk over.

Not a bad idea. Once you finish melting the forks we can start.
4 essences

Skeliborn looked over the smithy and pondered what to do with it. there were options here, and even if he did nothing the ritual would likely respond well to being performed in a place of forging. Though there probably was some way to make this even better. There usually was.

"Ah, good. And yes, i can move the portal a bit.. Probably more..heh." Cracking his knuckles, Khozek begins to intensely gaze at the portal, almost as if he is calculating its size and position in accordance to the tower. Use my Spatial Magic to increase the distance between the tower and the portal by lengthening the dimensions of the space between them.

There was not really much of a ritual to keep stable. Tossing power into a portal to make stuff leak out of it wasn't quite so complicated to require maintenance. He took the time to look at what Khozek was doing instead. Some hand waving was involved, fingers were moved to make a square and to break the square. As it was broke, the tower seemed to move away a bit. It went no more than ten meters as bending so much space was rather difficult with a simple incantation.

"Blessed by a spirit of Wisdom on my very first steps... It seems like stars themselves align to light my way to understanding."

Continue exploration, gaining deeper understanding of this wonder of magical craft. +ER. Use +1 POT essence on the first try.

{You can't use essences to boost essences.}

Ao continued his journey along the many corridors of the Tower, though there was little of interest besides empty rooms. Though as he walked in a state of half meditation, some off his power spilled over, looping back into him and wove itself around his muscles. The atrophied flesh flowed and expanded, leaving a rather healthy look.

{Ao: Buff(+1STR)}

Recreate the alchemical set with an enchantment akin to the rings from previous. Then 3 essences.

Gambler conjured another glass alchemy set. It was a good thing that they were not particularly difficult to build, or he would be angrier about losing last one. As he continued focusing, some of the power leaked away and his throne spat out a glass orb about three inches across. As Gambler looked at it, images danced inside, showing mages and the land around them. It was a crystal globe of a seer tuned to seeking out mages.

Fly out of the flaming grass, then switch back to wizard form and summon a pair of ostriches near Easter, if the grass near him is on fire, summon them nearby but away from the fire

Seva landed, returned to his human form and immediately threw a spell towards Easter. The spell refused to be thrown, however. An egg appeared before Seva, fell to the ground and splattered. While he paused to figure out what went wrong, Easter charged, his stinger stabbing just to the right of Seva, as the bird mage managed to dodge at the last moment. Easter had to rush now. Seva was vulnerable, and that would very likely not last.

Trace the sigils on the sheets onto my blood staff and head off exploring.

Duritarum attempted to trace the sigils from the sheets onto his staff but immediately ran into problems. For one, the sigils caused physical pain to read, and they seemed to shift as he read. Also, as he tried to copy one onto the staff, the blood and bloodstone boiled and burned, destroying the sigil each time. It seems there was a good reason this was not written on mere paper.

((Literal genie orders, eh? I can probably manage to not mess this up for a turn or so.

I love how Redrum's brand new gravekeeper is already on fire. Glorious new turns are on the horizon.))

Redrum regards his new pet with a twisted smile. The annual undead corpse barbecue used to be a pretty popular event back in his early death cult years. There was something about tormented souls and burning rotting flesh that evoked a sense of nostalgia in him. Or was that sadistic delight? A shame he'd forgotten to bring the marshmallows along.

"Hello gravekeeper. You're my new friend now. That means you have to ensure that your actions don't harm me. You're going to die horribly soon! But first you're going to tell me where all the cemeteries and tombs are; I want to know where this world's dead are buried."

Step away from the fire and issue the orders. Direct the gravekeeper to move out of the blaze and roll around until the flames have been extinguished, staying away from me as it does so, but don't permit it to escape. Extract information from it, one way or another. Force it out of the creature's soul if necessary.

3 essences.

The Gravekeeper paused as it tried and failed to resist the binding. It began rolling on the ground and began speaking. There was an entire graveyard sunken into the swamp. There were ancient tombs of fallen nobles in the fire fields to the northeast. There was a tower of ice in the snow fields hiding bodies of fallen warriors. Corpses could be found scattered underground almost anywhere on the island, though all were burried about fifty meters deep.

Now we can activate my flowers in the tower to their full extend. But first wear the gasmask. And make up to 5 essences.

Shias felt prepared enough now. He put a gas mask over his head and gave the signal for the flowers to activate. All over the tower, white flowers opened filling the air with sweet smelling pollen. Soon, there was not a single place in the tower where air was clear of the sweet smell. Soon, he would be able to just walk about and collect the bodies.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 197 Fresh Spring air
« Reply #6404 on: October 23, 2016, 05:09:21 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 506