Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181222 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 198 Fun for all involved
« Reply #6465 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:43 pm »

((Whoops. I figured something like this would happen. Eh, the lantern will come in handy soon enough.

I was wondering, was the gravekeeper corporeal enough to leave a corpse behind when the spirit vanished? I ask because I assumed that it had a physical component.))

Redrum peered at the remnants of once-mighty trees, robed now in decaying bark and attended by dry spurts of undergrowth. Too much death? No, there was no such thing. Soon, this place would be restored above and beyond its former glory.

Gather a bunch of withered twigs, STRIKE THE EARTH dig a shallow hole somewhere random and make another 4 essences.

((A bit of a deviation, but could you explain how ritual 'focuses' work?))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:18:14 pm by Prismatic »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: October 30, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

Make a single essence. (I wonder how they work)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: October 30, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »

Turn 199

((Holy crap! The one guy who could help rolled a 6 on END and an 8 on LUCK! Talk about a lucky break!))

Oh, right, persistent aura type spells. I always forget those are a thing. Thank you, chaos.
I don't know HOW I didn't notice those white flowers earlier.

Make sure Surg and Skelliborn's faces are away from the floor, unless they actively and/or violently resist my efforts to do so. Once they've been reminded to sit up...
Is the forge lit? If yes, pick up a hot coal with tongs and systematically burn the flowers pumping pollen into the room. If not, light the forge, and then do the burny stuff if there is time. If it won't slow me down, make two essences. If I get to the point that I'm about to burn the last flower, grab some of its pollen in a makeshift container first.

Skeliborn was writhing on the ground and trying to chase away the invisible spiders that afflicted him.
((You know, I think I'll just cast a spell by playing along with the madness.))
Argh Spiders. I Am So Sick Of Spiders Right Now. I Have Better Things To Than Deal With You. Go Away. What You till Won't Leave. In That Case I Will Make You Leave. I Summon Sword Of Purification.
Summon the Sword of Purification using 5, +1/+1 essences. The idea is that in addition to purifying the spiders I will purify my character thus removing the pollen

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan folded Surg face down well enough, but Skeliborn was attempting magic while out of his mind and that was just too unsafe to touch. Chorkinaan left him to it and began purging the flowers with an ember from the furnace. The ember had to be replaced a few times, as burning live and juice filled plants tends to sap the heat right out. The plan to grab some pollen in a container was discarded when conjured container turned out as a fingernail sized vase. Skeliborn, meanwhile, was shouting something about driders and waving about a pearly glowing sword.

Karnax gazed at the pollen that floated out of the tower. Clearly, someone was attempting a mass-murder.

Normally, Karnax would leave the tower alone, but this someone had recently rejected an offer of alliance from him. He decided to interfere out of spite.

Previous turn's action: Renew my fire-protection spell and extend its effects to Mallos.
This turn's action: MOAR POWAH into the ritual. Allow it to increase the temperature of the surrounding area again; I shall burn this pollen until it is nothing but ash.

"All right, let's try something else.."
Expend my essence(s) on making a field that destabilizes the position of incoming projectiles.

Karnax cast a shield against flames on himself and his partner, and began pulling power from the portal. By the time the fire shield flickered out, he noticed that nothing at all seemed to be actually happening. Something was stealing whatever power he pulled away. Khozek, meanwhile, conjured a shield against projectiles around the two of them. Unsupported, it would not last much longer than Karnax's fire shield.

Pull the arrow off, and turn state of the pollen around Ilium same as he is. The theory is that if he's incorporeal, then incorporeal pollen would affect him just as well. Use both chaotic essences.
Since I have that favour from wind god waiting to be used, let's ask him to rouse winds within tower to keep pollen up in air for people to breathe. Keep wind up until I die or until I leave the tower.

{@XYXYXYXY Your current luck bonuses don't work on chaotic essence rolls. Also, you can't summon stuff inside of people unless they agree to it.}

Shias, seeing how spores were not affecting Viznor swiftly deduced the cause. Clearly, his foe was ethereal, not truly there. Well, that was easily solved, and pollen next to Viznor began shifting into reality just nearby. But before they reached Viznor, he escaped through nearby wall. But Shias was not left without foes, Gambler, guarding his face with cloth from the spores, conjure up a chandler's worth of glass above them. This seemed not quite the intended effect as both mages were forced to dodge the falling glass. As Shias was rolling away from the glass, Viznor returned from another wall and stabbed with his hand claws where Shias head would had been had he not returned to rolling away from the danger. As Shias looked over his two foes, wind began sweeping through the Tower, shifting and mixing the clouds of pollen.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh my! So much... diabolicalness! Good thing I'm not in the thick of that! Now then...

Doktor Diabolical enlarges his robo-bike. Afterwards, he makes two essences.

Doktor threw more magic onto his bike, forcing it to increase in size. It began cycling in circles around Doktor and his bots. Well, at least it hadn't run off anywhere, that would had been annoying. Some more magic flowed out of Doktors hands and onto the bike, making him worry for a repeat of cubebots, but nothing happened. Then Doktor noticed that the bicycle was also connected to him, just as the cubebots.

"Still doing nothing? I had hoped you would be a little more lively by now. Goodbye, Blake."

Set my cube swarm to a painfully close orbit around Blake.

Cuberac sent out his swarm and they cut into Blake, piercing through skin though mostly just distracting. The distraction worked well, as Blake tried to blast the cubes away with hellfire but his hand was knocked closed as a cube whizzed by, melting the cube but sparing the others.

Have my crystal bird(been forgetting about it for a while) attack Easter, if it has any sort of magical abilities, use them on Easter if offensive, and on me or itself is defensive
Then grab him again

Seva sent out his crystal bird on an attack course against Easter. After spending so long with Seva, the crystal bird had transformed into a miniature phoenix, burning like a campfire. It helped it little, as Easter dodged the bird and leapt over Seva, smacking him on the back with his stinger. It was as if he was taunting Seva, and to add to insult, birdmage could see Easter's wings beginning to regrow.

((Whoops. I figured something like this would happen. Eh, the lantern will come in handy soon enough.

I was wondering, was the gravekeeper corporeal enough to leave a corpse behind when the spirit vanished? I ask because I assumed that it had a physical component.))

Redrum peered at the remnants of once-mighty trees, robed now in decaying bark and attended by dry spurts of undergrowth. Too much death? No, there was no such thing. Soon, this place would be restored above and beyond its former glory.

Gather a bunch of withered twigs, STRIKE THE EARTH dig a shallow hole somewhere random and make another 4 essences.

((A bit of a deviation, but could you explain how ritual 'focuses' work?))

{Focuses add to Ritual every turn it is cast, but are not consumed. More appropriate/powerful focus the better the bonus.}

Redrum murmured some curses about how pesky was that corporeal spirits nevertheless did not leave corporeal corpses and got to work. It did not take much work this time, and he hit a corpse after just a few shovelfuls of damp earth. It was a man with a long beard. Other features were obscured by decay. But it meant little to Redrum, all were equally beneath him in death.

Make a single essence. (I wonder how they work)

{There is more about essences in OP, but basically, they are intangible consumables that add bonuses to your spells. Creating one counts as a spell in most cases and bonus given depends on rolls of that spell.}

Duritarum decided against climbing back up while his head rung like a foundry. He rested, and while he rested, he decided to meditate for a moment in case it helped. The exact benefit of meditation was unknown, but the headache had passed as fast as it came.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 199 Not as planned
« Reply #6468 on: October 30, 2016, 04:58:14 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: October 30, 2016, 07:03:39 pm »

((Doktor Diabolical's miner bot isn't in the inventory.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Progress! Mwahahaha!"

If the bike is effectively rideable now: {

"Onwards! To diabolicalness and beyond!"

Doktor Diabolical and his robots go three hexes down, and Doktor Diabolical makes three robots essences. }

If the bike is not effectively rideable now: {

"Looks like I have just a little bit more work to do!"

Doktor Diabolical enlarges the bike once more, then makes two robots essences. }
~~~
((Next turn is turn 200. Whoooooo!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: October 30, 2016, 07:26:07 pm »

Well, that could have gone much wor-SKELLIBORN WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I... Stop it! Stop swinging that sword! All this about spiders and driders and whatever, it's not real! There are no spiders here, and there are no driders! It's all a hallucination caused by pollen that the white flowers were spitting out! Just... Ignore them! Ignore the spiders and the driders and whatever eldritch horrors jump at you, because the more you swing that sword at a bunch of phantasms, the more likely you are to hurt me and Surg! So calm your booty and just keep telling yourself that the spiders aren't real!

Oh, I feel a draft. I hope that doesn't push any more pollen in here. Y'know, with all this caring after victims and plant extermination - cleaning as well quite soon - I'm doing, one might mistake me for a witch as opposed to a mage. To be honest, I'm fine with that. I've always had a fairly deep respect for witchcraft. A quick charm or two here and there and a little elbow grease can have just as much impact on the world as a ritual focused incredible power by a mage of my caliber.

Make sure the entrance to the room tightly shut. Prop something against the door if need be. If there are any loose rags around the forge, grab one and begin wiping up the pollen from the floor. If not, instead make one from a piece of Surg's clothing since he seems just about catatonic anyway. If Surg resists, cast a spell to create a rag of the same cloth-like material that my head bandage is made of. Be sure to only wipe with one face of the cloth; that way it can be folded up relatively safely.

It's not chloroform, but it'll do. Plus, having it not track all over the place will be nice.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:00:59 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: October 30, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »

Keep the swarmcubes cutting, hit him with my handheld bladecube.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: October 30, 2016, 11:47:06 pm »

((Yeah, should have made the pollen toxic too.))

Targeting Gambler: Try to shove one of my zombie seeds into his eye or ear. Should I succeed, boost its growth rate. If not, have those roots stuck in my flesh grow out into an armor around me.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: October 31, 2016, 12:14:03 am »

have the crystal phoenix attack Easter again, then breath fire on him
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: October 31, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »

Renew the fire-shields. Use my affinity for fire magic to sense where the fire from the portal is being drained/moved to. Go there (unless it's near the tower).

Are the fire shields still up?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:45:26 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: October 31, 2016, 05:29:34 pm »

Use my affinity for fire magic to sense where the fire from the portal is being drained/moved to. Go there (unless it's near the tower). Make an essence.

((Nope. Turn mentioned that they disappeared.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: October 31, 2016, 05:45:40 pm »

Use my affinity for fire magic to sense where the fire from the portal is being drained/moved to. Go there (unless it's near the tower). Make an essence.

((Nope. Turn mentioned that they disappeared.))
Action edited.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: October 31, 2016, 07:10:26 pm »

((Yeah, should have made the pollen toxic too.))

Targeting Gambler: Try to shove one of my zombie seeds into his eye or ear. Should I succeed, boost its growth rate. If not, have those roots stuck in my flesh grow out into an armor around me.
((You are starting to resemble a spider to my character in his maddened space))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: October 31, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »

Reconstruct my nose and head to the west.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: October 31, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »

Try not to become a seed recepticle, and then force all the glass in the area to (attempt to) shred Shias.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 506