Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181508 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 202 Half of gameplay missing
« Reply #6555 on: November 13, 2016, 01:51:18 am »

((I had plan to create modified sapling of Yggdrasil, which would produce massive amounts of sleep/hallucination pollen from my staff and use wind god's blessing to spread it all over the map. However I wasn't lucky enough with the ritual so I went looking for more power, and died trying.))

((Staff? What staff do you speak of? The one that Mr. Fist turned into a giant energy laser fired at you?))

((Yep, that staff. I only ever had one staff.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: November 13, 2016, 11:37:36 am »

So I know that there are still whole six hours left until my usual turn post time, but I see a total of 5 actions sent in. Where are the rest of you guys?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: November 13, 2016, 11:57:06 am »

So I know that there are still whole six hours left until my usual turn post time, but I see a total of 5 actions sent in. Where are the rest of you guys?

((Procrastinating.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: November 13, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »

((Busy with college.))

James wake up, gets up, and returns to the tree. He finds Grundar and has a word with him.
"Grundar, I should've done this a long time ago. Thank you for your service, and sorry for keeping you as little more than a slave for so long. I'm setting you free so you can make your own decisions and follow your own path. Do as you wish.

It's a dangerous world and most of my fellow mages would kill you for fun so I recommend getting as far away as possible, either that or staying in Jase's tower. You're welcome to stay here with me if you actually want to.
Here's a few pieces of protection, I hope you won't need them."

James gives Grundar his mace, anti-magic amulet, and adamantium armour (if it can be adjusted to fit a troll).
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: November 13, 2016, 12:45:18 pm »

Hmh, perhaps actual starter action would be okay to post. Make two essences while smelling in which direction are source of curses.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: November 13, 2016, 12:54:27 pm »

Pmed action
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: November 13, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »

((Uh, I thought that metagame-grudges were against the rules? Am I wrong?))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: November 13, 2016, 01:34:28 pm »

((Uh, I thought that metagame-grudges were against the rules? Am I wrong?))

((It's not metagame-grudge. I don't think any of our characters have met besides in council room, so there haven't even been opportunity for metagame grudges. I semi-randomly chose your character as primary target and tailored backstory around it. Nothing else.))
Old sigs.
Games.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: November 13, 2016, 01:59:42 pm »

Three essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:05 pm »

Viznor slowly removes his claws from Shias' head.

"Once again, I find myself standing over a corpse. They make me fear for the future, though this death was undoubtedly just."

"The Druid has left eight shards, and there are two of you. If there are no objections, I will give each of you three shards, keep the remaining two and possessions for myself, and leave the body to the Tower. One of my allies desires the use of it."
"The deal seems fair, and I accept. I do hope that these events will cease in the future, though. Perhaps a meeting to negotiate the rules of future combats is in order."
Take the three shards, then summon and fill another vial of pollen, if there's any remaining in the area. Make 3 luck essences in either case.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:59:15 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »

"Once again, I find myself standing over a corpse. They make me fear for the future, though this death was undoubtedly just."

"The Druid has left eight shards, and there are two of you. If there are no objections, I will give each of you three shards, keep the remaining two and possessions for myself, and leave the body to the Tower. One of my allies desires the use of it."
"The deal seems fair, and I accept. I do hope that these events will cease in the future, though. Perhaps a meeting to negotiate the rules of future combats is in order."
Take the three shards, then summon and fill another vial of pollen, if there's any remaining in the area. Make 3 glass essences in either case.
Your glass affinity comes from an item, so you can't make glass essences.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: November 13, 2016, 02:51:03 pm »

"Well that was...Interesting."

"Indeed. It seems that your form had a greater impact on spellcasting than we had foreseen."

"I had begun to entertain such an idea myself, although I have not been granted an opportunity to act upon it. However, given the unfortunate conclusion of our last meeting, I am somewhat reluctant to bring so many mages to the Tower."

"Given my abilities, I believe that I could call a second Council in mind, if not in body. That said, I will need more power than I can currently bring to bear. Time to replenish my essences will easily suffice, although I will welcome any assistance others may be willing to give."

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: November 13, 2016, 04:43:52 pm »

Imbue the gravekeeper's lantern with necromantic bindings, converting it into a soul trap [+ two +1/+1 chaotic essences]. Meanwhile, have the zombie continue our preliminary excavations. Oh, and make 3 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: November 13, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »

Take the three shards, then summon and fill another vial of pollen, if there's any remaining in the area. Make 3 glass essences in either case.
Your glass affinity comes from an item, so you can't make glass essences.
((Ah, makes sense. Will edit.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: November 13, 2016, 06:10:59 pm »

Turn 203

Try to tackle him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac grappled with Blake on the ground, throwing a few well placed punches, although nothing quite enough to end this fight. Blake meanwhile, was getting more desperate. Again he conjured hellfire and again it exploded, but this time it washed over Cuberac as well. Still, where Cuberac endured with only light blisters, Blake lost enough skin for it to become a serious obstacle.

{Blake, Burned, END roll before all phys actions to see if it goes through.}

Doktor Diabolical:

"Curses! No minion of mine should have such lopsided features!"

Riiiight. Doktor Diabolical attempts to magically fix the lopsided drone. Afterwards, he makes 2 essences and checks on the digger bot.

Doktor attempted to fix lopsidedness of his drone by making it more symmetrical. A new propeller and an extra blade were added, although… not where he wanted them to be. Now the bot had two propellers, one on the top end one on the bottom, one on the left, other on the right, and both propellers had one of the blades far longer and sharper than the others. Something fell from the air to the ground next to Doktor. On closer inspection Doktor decided that it was probably remains of his mining bot, if the claws were indeed the same. It was hard to tell, as the rest of it was all scrap.

"My luck seems to prevail, but I still need to find some material anchors for the ritual. This shall be a good starting place for my search."

Slowly search the room, checking if my presence affects something inside. If no major incident occurs - draft 4 essences while searching.

Ao looked through the room, finding little more suspect than everyday requirements of an office. Paper, ink, drying sand, quills and paperclips were all that was to be found there. Or so it seemed, but it was not quite true. There was something off about one of the quills, something magical. A blessing or a curse? There was no way to know so Aq left it there for the moment.

4 essences

Skeliborn continued focusing power, to the point that some of it leaked through into the rod of carbon he carried about. It flattened, and its edges became clear as carbon compressed into diamond edge. It was not particularly durable blade, but it was as precious as it was sharp.

((Busy with college.))

James wake up, gets up, and returns to the tree. He finds Grundar and has a word with him.
"Grundar, I should've done this a long time ago. Thank you for your service, and sorry for keeping you as little more than a slave for so long. I'm setting you free so you can make your own decisions and follow your own path. Do as you wish.

It's a dangerous world and most of my fellow mages would kill you for fun so I recommend getting as far away as possible, either that or staying in Jase's tower. You're welcome to stay here with me if you actually want to.
Here's a few pieces of protection, I hope you won't need them."

James gives Grundar his mace, anti-magic amulet, and adamantium armour (if it can be adjusted to fit a troll).

"Uhh, boss, I have been serving for about three hours. I got to eat three people and with your gifts, am armed and armored. This has been most profitable time ever for me. I think I'll stay around."

Three essences.

Duritarum did not have much to do here but think. And he thought thoughts of power, though they were elusive. This place was not good for meditation, the huge crater was not helping to relax at all.

Imbue the gravekeeper's lantern with necromantic bindings, converting it into a soul trap [+ two +1/+1 chaotic essences]. Meanwhile, have the zombie continue our preliminary excavations. Oh, and make 3 essences.

Redrum focused on the lantern while his servant labored, and began weaving bindings around it. Pale sheets blocked off all sides, closing the lantern off. The barriers could hold back various spirits, although this one would not be capable of holding anything decently powerful. Meanwhile, the zombie slave had struck something better than gold. Not only humans had died in this swamp, and judging from the corpse, this was the kind of swamp that would swallow explorers alive. The corpse was that of a hydra. It was slightly larger than a bear, and it's heads were large enough to bite down whole limbs. For a hydra, that was small, which was of little surprise, as taking down an old one in a swamp was incredibly difficult no matter who you were.

Take the three shards, then summon and fill another vial of pollen, if there's any remaining in the area. Make 3 luck essences in either case.

Gambler claimed his share of the loot and looked over the pollen. Most of it had fallen on the ground, rendered harmless. It was not particularly difficult to fill a bottle with it. It turned out to be light green in color, something that was slightly difficult to see before when it was spread out.

Hmh, perhaps actual starter action would be okay to post. Make two essences while smelling in which direction are source of curses.

Portal flared to life once more, and from it walked out Filtiarn, mage in tattered and bloodied clothes, a scowl of anger seemingly carved into his face. He looked around, seeking something and centered his sight on the Tower. His gaze lingered for a while before he returned to looking over area closer to himself. There would be time and place for that but it was not now and here.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 506