Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179943 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 207 The Second Council
« Reply #6705 on: December 01, 2016, 03:36:09 am »

((Just to clarify: burning 'for hours' equates to 'for hundreds of turns', right?))

Redrum glanced momentarily at the newly arrived screen before disregarding it entirely. A time would come where he'd seek out new friends to play with, but he was far too immersed in his own little games to care much about petty wizardry at present.

Summon (chaotic +1/+1) the ex-Gravekeeper's soul into the torture chamber lantern trap, thusly binding it once more to the object that gives it its identity. Light the unearthly flame to welcome it back like an old friend....a friend who abandoned his playmate at the first opportunity. THIS IS THE PENALTY FOR BETRAYAL.

Also, 3 new essences.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: December 01, 2016, 11:19:08 am »

Keep charging! Essences this turn: 3 +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2 CMP

((I'm using chaotic essences to prevent excess chaos.

THIS SPELL WILL BE EXACTLY AS CHAOTIC AS I CHOOSE AND NO MORE!!!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: December 02, 2016, 02:53:46 am »

Ao laughed softly at the proposals:

"Mages of Order, indeed. You believe that laws, once laid, would preserve the way of things from spiraling out of control. While it may held true if given enough time to form a tradition, it would be presumtious to think we'd have enough time. Say, was there any one single moment that the laws would have prevented death of mages? Omnicidal chaotics would have killed without regard for their safety anyway. And lawful sentinels would have them murdered without fail. What does your proposal actually change?"

4 essence, try to find truly unique drink in the bar.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: December 02, 2016, 04:44:01 am »

"Mages of Order, indeed. You believe that laws, once laid, would preserve the way of things from spiraling out of control. While it may held true if given enough time to form a tradition, it would be presumtious to think we'd have enough time. Say, was there any one single moment that the laws would have prevented death of mages? Omnicidal chaotics would have killed without regard for their safety anyway. And lawful sentinels would have them murdered without fail. What does your proposal actually change?"

"It seems like a non-aggression pact between groups of mages. As long as it is only words, it has as much power as words do in general, which is zero. Zip. Nil. Nothing. If you want your words to be followed by everyone, even by those who have never heard them, then make it law of the universe, much like gravity and maximum speed of light are.

Speaking of groups, there appears to be tower group and some other coalition, right? I may be interested in joining group that's not the tower group. Strength in numbers, protection of pack, and so on."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: December 02, 2016, 06:33:04 am »

Hmm law of the universe...
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: December 02, 2016, 07:29:08 pm »

Turn 208

Time to dig deeper.. thought Khozek.

Back up and attempt to open a hole near the estimated area of the face-stone using spatial disruption, expending my essence(s?) on this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Khozek focused on a spell to make a gateway to the tomb. He was not stupid, the place could be under water, or filled with nasty things just teleportation blindly was suicidal. The gate flickered and blinked, but failed to form. This most likely meant that it was attempting to open in something more solid than air, maybe he misjudged the distance or maybe the place was indeed filed with water.  It did not matter, this particular portal was not going to work.

Doktor Diabolical:

"So... what's this about laws? Such a thing would interfere with my diabolicalness..."

Doktor Diabolical frowns at the screen, then gets back to work on his... shoe boot skate things. Refinement ho. 2 +1 POT essences, 1 +1 CMP essence, 1 chaotic +1 CMP essence. Assuming he isn't in danger after that, he makes 3 robots essences. If he is in danger, cubebots and attack drone counterattack.

Doktor focused on his footwear again. He would not have another case of cubebots all over again. He focused some more power and fired off the spell for the third time. The parts shifted, some of them outright flying away. The structure reformed into a pair of ski skates. Doktor was overjoyed! Finally, it worked. Now to remember why he wanted skis in the first place.

GM: I'm fairly sure I should be on magical fallout(?) hex on southeast where I appear to be. So that in mind...

Southwest one, place totem (+1POT), southeast one, place another totem (+1/+1).

Filtiarn ventured southwest and conjured a totem. It exploded before even touching the ground. Bits of it embedded themselves in Filtiarn's forehead. He just sighed and went off southeast. Totem there was far more stable but struggled to get enough power through. The luck was just not his this time, possibly his thoughts were still thrown off from seeing Gloomy again.

Hit him again.

Cuberac lifted his hyperbladecube upwards to the sky. Blake was writhing in pain below. Cuberac brought down his cube. Blake stopped writhing. Finally, after so much hassle, the man was dead. The burning runes on Cuberac vanished. But there was still one last nasty trick Blake had for him. Three of ten shards burned up when Cuberac picked them up, and sound echoed with demonic laughter. It seems he owed demons something and they took their part. It was regrettable, but five shards Blake had on him made up for this.

Healing item roulette.

{Uhhh, you posted two actions. I'm going to use this one as it came later.}

James managed two good healing pills, but other two spells resulted in a homeopathic potion and some more black sludge. Both of the last ones went into the box, with the potion failing entirely to reduce the effectiveness of the sludge. Though, since it diluted the sludge, by homeopathic theory, it made it more toxic. There is probably no reason to actually test this. the last spell exploded into red sparks, which did seem to do something to the sludge, but there seemed to be too much of it to be really affected.

3 essences.
((Also, I just noticed that my action is missing from the previous turn.))
-Snipped-
3 essences.

Gambler continued observing the argument moving to and from. It was calming down now, as usual, with nothing of real importance decided. Except, maybe, for battle lines. Those were becoming more and more real.

Back to wizard form, make 2 essences then accept the call

Seva returned to his fleshy form and landed in the Tower. The entire battle was a gigantic waste of time, and he had things to do. Like activate the conference screen. The speaking was winding down by now, but he could still catch some interesting stuff.

((Just to clarify: burning 'for hours' equates to 'for hundreds of turns', right?))

Redrum glanced momentarily at the newly arrived screen before disregarding it entirely. A time would come where he'd seek out new friends to play with, but he was far too immersed in his own little games to care much about petty wizardry at present.

Summon (chaotic +1/+1) the ex-Gravekeeper's soul into the torture chamber lantern trap, thusly binding it once more to the object that gives it its identity. Light the unearthly flame to welcome it back like an old friend....a friend who abandoned his playmate at the first opportunity. THIS IS THE PENALTY FOR BETRAYAL.

Also, 3 new essences.

{Yes. The lantern is nearly useless as soul destroying device but it's a very useful torture implement.}

Redrum looked at the lantern and it gave him ideas. Ideas about events that happened not so long ago. There was a plaything that ran away, well, that was just rude. And Redrum was in a mood to explain just how rude it was. Using the lantern itself as a focus, Redrum filtered through souls of the island until he found the one he was looking for and shut the trap. There were faint wails coming from it now, and flames were more lively.

Ao laughed softly at the proposals:

4 essence, try to find truly unique drink in the bar.

Ao was getting more heated as the argument went and by this time, maybe the alcohol was having an impact. Though it could had been sugar overdose from breaking down all that alcohol. Ao grabbed a large bottle, with the label declaring that there must be a lot of a good thing. It tasted kind of minty, and when Ao breathed out the table in front of him froze. It seems he had found an alcohol version of ice breath potion.

{Ice breath potion, 4 doses}

Continue the ritual:
+2/+2 in essences

Keep charging! Essences this turn: 3 +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2 CMP

((I'm using chaotic essences to prevent excess chaos.

THIS SPELL WILL BE EXACTLY AS CHAOTIC AS I CHOOSE AND NO MORE!!!))

Skelibon and Chorkinaan continued pouring power into the ritual, but the blade no longer changed. Maybe they had reached the limit. Maybe the changes were now outside of their perception. They still had the power to keep going, but there was a question of whether they should. Having a sword of great power was an asset, and messing with limits of possibility was what wizards did but... A sword like that could very well make it's bearer a target.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:30:01 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 208 Battle of words
« Reply #6711 on: December 02, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: December 02, 2016, 10:10:11 pm »

Cuberac decides to stop ignoring the screen, now that his work is finished.

Move to the Tower.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: December 02, 2016, 10:53:12 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"AHA! I have an idea!"

Before getting to the task of making casting much more efficient: snow creation robot! That obeys his orders. 1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1 CMP essence, 3 +1 POT essences. Afterwards, if he isn't attacked, he makes 3 essences. If he is attacked, he sics the attack drone and cubebots at his attacker. Also...

"You there! Up north! Guy with... is that a totem? Would you like to become one of my DIABOLICAL HENCHMEN?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6714 on: December 03, 2016, 02:02:23 am »

If I haven't made three essences this turn, make three essences.
Was this processed?

Three more essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6715 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

Was this processed?

Three more essences.

Yes.

Magus N.A. casually listened to the conversation going on. There was some arguing, a few thinly veiled threats, some old salt between Filtiarn and Gloomy. Pretty average for wizards, although far calmer, possibly because fireballing people for disagreeing wasn't an option. Alliances seemed to become slightly more solid as grudges escalated. It would be fun to watch if he wasn't involved in this.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:44 pm »

Attempt to probe the mysterious area of ground, hopefully gathering the dimensions of any hidden room that may be below ground
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: December 04, 2016, 01:06:34 pm »

I think we've passed the goal, Skelliborn! Shall we gather more power, or launch the ritual now?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: December 04, 2016, 04:11:36 pm »

I think we should launch the ritual now. This test was only to see if we could take our magic to a certain point and we have long since passed that point.
End the ritual with Chorkinan
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: December 04, 2016, 04:15:09 pm »

Right. I'm sure I'll be able to take something from this, anyway. Recreating the result of this ritual should be much easier now that I've done it once!

Fire!
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 506