Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163608 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 209 Cocroaches
« Reply #6735 on: December 08, 2016, 02:26:00 pm »

I think chaos touched the ritual a bit too much. We've gotten something which is a fair bit different from what was intended. Let me see...

command the blade to liquify back into its reservoir. Whether or not this works, I've created something which changes shape and (to some extent) state of matter according to the will of the wielder. Study the blade's substance with a simple probing spell, try and reverse engineer what I've just engineered.
+4 Essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:59 am »

Notice

Due to semester end crunch time at the university, I am low on time and thinking resources. This means that RtM is going on hiatus again until my vacations begin. Next update will come on 24th-26th
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:37 am »

[@Root]: /ping "Roll To Magic"
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: December 27, 2016, 08:31:13 am »

Investigate the door by all means at my disposal. Short-timed etherealith or casting Stone Sight spell might be needed. Three essences if nothing dangerous occurs.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: December 27, 2016, 11:15:28 am »

((Oh, yeah. What was I going to do, again? I think this was it. Probably.))

Enchant my book of solid knowledge so that it is actually helpful/works well as a scrying implement. Then search the library for something generally interesting. (General reminder that I have a +3 to luck on that due to my ring, tower aura, and slam poetry tome).

Four knowledge essences afterwards.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: December 27, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »

Turn 210

try to fix my arm (unbird it?), use 2 +1/+1 essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The wing for an arm was certainly stylish, but only having one arm was not quite worth it. Carefully, Seva returned the hand to it's original form. He flexed it a bit, checking for any flaws in the spell, and was left satisfied.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Wonderful! Now, to business!"

How can a snowmaker bot be useful, you ask? One, making snow for skiing on. Two, making snow to put out fires. If the stairway has any fire left in it, Doktor Diabolical has his snowmaker bot spew snow into it until the fire's gone. If there's no fire left, the snowmaker bot instead gets to work on turning the area around Doktor Diabolical into a winter wonderland.

As for Doktor Diabolical himself: generally, you need hills to use skiis. Rocket skiis are an exception. Doktor Diabolical adds rockets to his skiis using a +1 POT essence and a +1/+1 essence, then makes 3 essences.

Also...

"Hello? Totem guy? Are you conscious?"

If totem guy tries anything nasty against Doktor Diabolical, he's getting an attack drone to the face and cubebots to the Achilles' tendons.

Doktor sent off his newly constructed snow maker bot to put out the fire still burning in the pit, and began working on the next problem. Namely, the skis being really bad at anything that is not going down a snowy mountain. He solved this in a very straightforward way, that is to say, adding rockets to the problem. Now, he had rocket powered skis and two new problems; steering and stopping. There was a bit of panic as some lose magic made rockets spit soot for a moment, but no, those were not immediate problems.

I think chaos touched the ritual a bit too much. We've gotten something which is a fair bit different from what was intended. Let me see...

command the blade to liquify back into its reservoir. Whether or not this works, I've created something which changes shape and (to some extent) state of matter according to the will of the wielder. Study the blade's substance with a simple probing spell, try and reverse engineer what I've just engineered.

+4 Essences

Skeliborn began meditating as Chorkinaan examined his new sword. The examination was not going well, the sword did not particularly feel like being contained and it did not like being probed. It expressed this by cutting the container in half and cutting the seal on the door in half respectively. Royalty is always ready to act and it does not approve of being questioned, the temperament seemed to be fitting the name.

5 essences.

Gambler sat lazily and trapped some more power. A binding broke and the magic escaped, but that was fin... Gambler broke out in cold sweat. It was as if some huge beast was watching him with intent to pounce, only to be distracted at the last moment. He had felt this before, when his magic helped him dodge a particularly nasty turn of fortune. Seems like he would again manage to not find out what was behind a curve on the road of fortune, though the turns were not becoming any more unusual or less unwelcome.

Form 3 essences.

Cuberac collected his thoughts as pain gradually faded. The stomach wound was first to go, maybe because it was more serious, or possibly because it meant least for his combat performance. Either way, the gash on his stomach closed and he could stop worrying about his guts popping out.

Investigate the door by all means at my disposal. Short-timed etherealith or casting Stone Sight spell might be needed. Three essences if nothing dangerous occurs.

The door was firmly refusing any attempts at revealing it's nature. Ethereality seemed to help until Ao pushed a finger to the point where door probably ended and then ethereality turned off, leaving Ao's finger one joint shorter. The tower's healing field would regenerate it, but this door was getting a tad bit more suspicious.

((Oh, yeah. What was I going to do, again? I think this was it. Probably.))

Enchant my book of solid knowledge so that it is actually helpful/works well as a scrying implement. Then search the library for something generally interesting. (General reminder that I have a +3 to luck on that due to my ring, tower aura, and slam poetry tome).

Four knowledge essences afterwards.

Viznor poured some more power into his book of knowledge along with a few minor scrying ward bypassing enchantments. It should be far more useful now. He then looked through the library, although none of the books caught his fancy. Probably because he kept glancing at the magic theory tome. It was very interesting, although he wasn't glancing at the printed part of it. There was something about that return address,  if the guy wrote it down so carefully he probably was really attached to the book, right? Just judging from the notes, there was really a lot of work put into this.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 210 And we're back
« Reply #6741 on: December 27, 2016, 01:03:14 pm »

I am late but I am not alone in this. I'm still sorry about it though. Had the update ready to go yesterday, but wanted to not start off the whole thing after hiatus with "Pm's come tomorrow" and decided to do the whole thing on the next day. Then I woke up at 4 in the afternoon.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: December 27, 2016, 01:33:04 pm »

"What a curious weapon we have created... This blade is alive, its material shifts and grows, perhaps at its own will. What I couldn't do with such a substance... Well, if you can hear me, "Royalty," I offer you this ultimatum: Allow me to study what exactly makes you tick, and I promise that you will become a weapon of legend."

Having negotiated with my blade, let's try another probing spell to sound out the material properties, mundane and magical, using a +1/+1 essence for good measure. Try out a few more practice swings with some non-important targets afterwards, to try and visually analyze the blade's movements.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: December 27, 2016, 02:06:58 pm »

Creating 3 more essences.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:51 pm »

"Y'know, I tried to do this neatly and organized.. but fuck it."

Violently destabilize a large chunk of the ground over this 'chamber', from a safe distance of course, to blow a hole large enough for me to enter in the ground
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: December 27, 2016, 08:45:12 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hm! Hm. The guy up north seems to be suffering from a spirit sickness... either that or he's working in secret. Anyway. Steering is as easy as turning the skiis with room to spare, but how am I to stop... wait, why do I have to be the one using these rocket skiis?"

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) some robot parts, does it again, then makes 2 robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:00 pm »

4 Essences

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: December 28, 2016, 01:42:22 pm »

So...

What did I miss in my absence?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: December 28, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »

((The most dangerous magical sword in this world is now named Royalty. It hits the target twice. No other rules apply.

I'm terrified of it.

Doktor Diabolical has expanded his production, and is now working towards [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] to reduce the cost of creating additional robots.
Parts fabricator robot and robot remote control visor.
Ao's been exploring the Tower. He's ridiculously lucky for some reason.

And lots of essence making has been done.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: December 28, 2016, 01:53:15 pm »

Easter Sunday makes 5 essence.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 506