Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181665 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 212 The first explosion
« Reply #6780 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:47 am »

Say would you mind coming back in a few minutes, I want to see if we could maybe make some sort of armor but it will take a few minutes for me to prepare some sacrificial objects.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »

'Kay.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: January 06, 2017, 04:56:56 pm »

Viznor can be found in the library, seemingly preoccupied by something in the air in front of him. Uncharacteristically, it takes a moment for him to notice Chorkinaan, though he does seem to know the other mage's purpose.

"Greetings, Conjurer. I believe that I am capable of analyzing your blade, though the process may not be as straightforward as I am accustomed to. In return, I would ask that you assist me in creating an item which makes use of your magic as well as my own."

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: January 06, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »

Make 3 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: January 06, 2017, 05:26:21 pm »

Viznor can be found in the library, seemingly preoccupied by something in the air in front of him. Uncharacteristically, it takes a moment for him to notice Chorkinaan, though he does seem to know the other mage's purpose.

"Greetings, Conjurer. I believe that I am capable of analyzing your blade, though the process may not be as straightforward as I am accustomed to. In return, I would ask that you assist me in creating an item which makes use of your magic as well as my own."

Oh. Well, that was easy. Alright, eh...
Chorkinaan snapped his fingers a couple times, fishing for the name of the mage in front of him.
Vivian. Vizpig. Viznor! Alright, Viznor, I accept your terms; it's what I was going to offer you in exchange anyway. I'd like to take a moment, though, to concentrate some energy. I just made this sword like three minutes ago, see, and the ritual has left me a bit drained.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: January 07, 2017, 12:45:25 am »

((New Year was good... Two turns missed. Now, return to picking that door...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: January 07, 2017, 01:36:35 pm »

Easter Sunday summons a massive(-3) poisonous wasp queen. He uses 5 wasps essence +1 +1, and greater blood magic.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: January 07, 2017, 02:32:31 pm »

Chorkinaan snapped his fingers a couple times, fishing for the name of the mage in front of him.
Vivian. Vizpig. Viznor! Alright, Viznor, I accept your terms; it's what I was going to offer you in exchange anyway. I'd like to take a moment, though, to concentrate some energy. I just made this sword like three minutes ago, see, and the ritual has left me a bit drained.

Viznor raises an eyebrow.

"...Very well."

First, grab a useless book. Another selection from the ever-shrinking slam poetry section, possibly.

Then, use a knowledge spell to divine the flow of chaotic power in the ritual which Skeliborn and Chorkinaan just completed, the direction magic took to create Royalty. Don't analyze the blade itself- that could very easily be a waste of time, judging by Chorkinaan's own efforts- but do determine how the chaotic magic within the ritual created it, and which properties would naturally result from said magic. Replace the words in the book with that new knowledge, in whatever format will be most useful to a mage of Charkinaan's capabilities. Use three knowledge essences +1 CMP and three knowledge essences +1 POT on the spell.

Make four knowledge essences afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:34:41 pm by Whisperling »

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: January 08, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »

3 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: January 08, 2017, 07:09:49 pm »

((Is it just me, or is slam poetry getting hated on more and more often in this game))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: January 08, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »

((Is it just me, or is slam poetry getting hated on more and more often in this game))

((I've taken to using books of slam poetry when a spell is going to overwrite something. So yes, it kinda is.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: January 08, 2017, 09:23:15 pm »

Turn 213

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well okay then! Hopefully the blasted thing will stay away. Now then... to escalation!"

In preparation for a ritual, Doktor Diabolical converts(0, he's working with pre-existing matter as opposed to creation) one of the piles of robot parts into a robot that can craft metal into robot parts(-1?) and obeys his orders(-1). The spell is aided by 2 +1 CMP essences, a +2 POT essence, and a +1 POT essence. He then makes 2 robots essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor forced one pile of parts to arrange itself into a cutter bot. Conjuring parts was all nice and well, but it was missing out entirely on wonders of automated labour. There was no metal for it to cut into parts now, but it will be useful later. Then, another spell ran away from Doktor. The jet skis began to smoke and then exploded, throwing about half of the dug out dirt back into the pit. This was less than great, but at least he was out of the skis that time. The cutter bot found a scrap of half-molten metal from the skis and cut it into a bolt.

Recall my cube eye and prepare to head back to the geyser fields.

Cuberac extended his hand as his diamond eye gently landed on it. There was little for him here, and there was another place that called to him. He moved towards the gates of the Tower.

4 Essences

Skeliborn was still pondering mysteries of the blade he had helped to forge while Chorkinaan persisted in attempts to figure it out. He was not doing that well. It could be that the blade was just too powerful to be easily investigated. From the lack of any information whatsoever, it could even be that there were some anti-investigation spells at work.

((did i lose the ritual? It looks like I didn't since the power is still listed))
If so, continue the ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence

Essence roulette, stop when one collapses

Seva collected himself and began meditating. It was a fruitful concentration, resulting in some extra reserves of power, and when magic finally cut lose, it settled on Sevas bird legs, making claws on them sharp enough to cut to the bone easily.

Three more Essences?

Magus continued pooling power. There was very little to do here, if one did not decide to start sampling random drinks, but it was not like he was being unproductive. His time would come, when stars were right.

Make 3 more essences.

Gambler continued his wait for something interesting. Or not interesting. Or any other sign that the nasty turn of luck had passed completely. Still, nothing happened. It was probably a sign as good as any.

Easter Sunday summons a massive(-3) poisonous wasp queen. He uses 5 wasps essence +1 +1, and greater blood magic.

Easter poured plenty of power into this spell, it demanded such power for any result that was actually useful. Square-cube law had to be bent a bit and the creature itself was no joke even in it's normal state. The wasp queen appeared with stripes of green and black, bearing a, elaborate and very sharp stinger. It was a creature of venom, with toxic blood saliva and, of course, the sting. It was a definite in toxic death, but it came with a price. Blood magic returned to exact it's price and Easter found his body filled with very same poison that the queen carried. Instantly, Easter doubled over in pain as all of his muscles flared up in pain. In the tower, he'd likely survive this but he was already thinking if surviving was worth extra pain.

{Easter:Painfully paralyzed, 2 turns}

Well, that's enough property damage for now. Results are sadly inconclusive, except for the fact that this sword is fucking incredible and is quite deserving of its name. Anyway, unless you'd like me to stick around for something, I'm gonna go look for somebody. Not to murder, mind you.

Chorkinaan makes 3 essences whilst exploring the tower in search of Viznor. I'm going to reverse engineer this damn sword's morphing material one way or another!

Viznor raises an eyebrow.

"...Very well."

First, grab a useless book. Another selection from the ever-shrinking slam poetry section, possibly.

Then, use a knowledge spell to divine the flow of chaotic power in the ritual which Skeliborn and Chorkinaan just completed, the direction magic took to create Royalty. Don't analyze the blade itself- that could very easily be a waste of time, judging by Chorkinaan's own efforts- but do determine how the chaotic magic within the ritual created it, and which properties would naturally result from said magic. Replace the words in the book with that new knowledge, in whatever format will be most useful to a mage of Charkinaan's capabilities. Use three knowledge essences +1 CMP and three knowledge essences +1 POT on the spell.

Make four knowledge essences afterwards.

If you want to know how a thing was made it makes a whole lot more sense to look at how the thing was actually made rather than to try figure it out from finished product. It seemed sensible approach, and it hadn't been tested yet, so Viznor pulled out information and slammed it into a book that used to contain meaningless drivel, splattering nonsensical words on nearby floor. It yielded some result, but it was still not entirely usable. The sacrifices were combined with the idea that Chorkinaan had for the finished blade, and then things were removed. It seemed that at first, the blade was converted to raw physicality, and then rather than add something onto that, the magic removed some concepts entirely. For example, the blade was still matter, but it was not in any of the four states. In fact, if one was to try to add a state to it, they would find that the blade couldn't take up any of the states, because the metaphorical slot onto which they'd write down description of the state was altogether missing.

3 essences.

Redrum looked at his hydra with some criticism. It would take some more power to make it truly deadly, but once finished it would be frightening indeed. But for now, he needed more power. More and more, even if some escapes into the earth and comes back up as strange ooze that starts eating zombie remains. Alright, maybe not that much.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 213 What is a sword?
« Reply #6792 on: January 08, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: January 09, 2017, 01:52:22 am »

Three more Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: January 09, 2017, 10:15:36 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hazards of the job, I guess. *Sigh* Well, at least I'm making progress."

Doktor Diabolical creates(-1) some robot parts tuned to transmutation(meaning they'll be better for making a robot with the ability to transmute things)(-?) using his chaotic +1/+1 essence and a ordinary +1/+1 essence. Afterwards, he makes 2 robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 506