Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177158 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 214 Plagiarism is flattery
« Reply #6825 on: January 17, 2017, 04:26:44 pm »

((I have some ideas for that affinity already, if good sir the dinosaur would like any help.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: January 17, 2017, 07:05:53 pm »

Turns out, a nanobot with the massive multiplier is basically just a normal robot... ((I couldn't resist. Sorry.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:26 pm »

Name: Markus
Affinity: Nanobots
Description: A mage in a dark cloak and hood. His face is hidden in shadows, but he has dark eyes and blonde hair.
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

(Shout out to @Whisperling for the recommendation)

Get to the tower and make four essences afterward.

I'm gonna want you to give some example spells for that affinity. These affinities are getting ridiculous
Okay...

Making controlled grey goo nanobots
Shaping the nanobots into different shapes.
Making different types of nanobots (healing, weapons)
Control over the nanobots (of course)
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:27 pm »

Turn 215

((Out of curiosity, is Mista J's clone mucking around in the castle still?))

Doktor Diabolical:

"It will not be long now... MWAHAHAHA!"

The ideal factory-bot has three main components: transmutation, part fabrication, and assembly. Though Doktor Diabolical's intent was to create the transmutation component, he instead created the assembly component. No matter. Using a +1/+1 essence and a +1/+2 essence, Doktor Diabolical assembles the recently created parts(0 because using materials) into a robot assembly(-1?) robot that obeys his orders(-1).

Afterwards, he uses 2 +1/+1 essences to assemble(0) the pile of generic parts into a scout drone(0 or -1) that obeys his orders(-1) and sends it to investigate the corpse of the totem guy who committed suicide up north.

((Doktor's master plan, you say? No, I'm not telling you that, though I will tell you some rejected plans...
1. Magical Borg.
2. Convert the platypus or whatever it is on now into a robot.
3. Creating an anti-god weapon, then fabricate shards, killing the gods that try to interfere and taking the shards from them.
The plan Doktor's using is a bit more feasible and sane.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{The clone has long since evaporated.}

Doktor moved forth with his diabolical plan and assembled his robot assembly. Automation! Given parts it would make robots. It could even make specific robots, although usually it would just make whatever it had parts for. There wouldn't be any spare parts for it just yet though, as that pile Doktor had was all going into a scout drone. It was a clunky looking thing that belched smoke, and once activated, spat out enough fire to scorch dirt before flying off like a missile. It didn't explode once it hit the ground, probably because all explosives had already burned up.

Retrieve the dark cube and form an essence.

{Do you mean the glass cube? I'm asuming you mean the glass cube.}

Cuberac looked around like someone looking for their keys in a mildly clutered room. There should had been an entirely dark cube somewhere around here, he clearly remembered dropping it here. Alas, it was nowhere to be found. Had someone found it?

Skeliborn was focusing power. There was little else to do while waiting for his friend to return. He was thinking about swords, and how sad it was that he could only wield two of them at the time.

((Did I not say to respect royalty...))
4 essences

Skeliborn was focusing power. There was little else to do while waiting for his friend to return. He was thinking about swords, and how sad it was that he could only wield two of them at the time.

"The... cord is very... nice.
ouch
Thank you for your... business and/or ow assistance."

With that, Viznor commands the ethereal string to wrap around his arm (or simply wraps it manually, if even that is too much mental effort) and stumbles into a nearby wall, shielding his eyes against the purple glow of the Tower.

He emerges in the general direction of Easter Sunday, give or take several meters.

"You... wanted a bow, right? I can... make one. Not right now, though, because ow."

Possible PM action as well.

"A bow would be nice, but armor would be preferable. If you can't make armor though, a bow would be fine. What would you want in payment?"

If he can, Easter Sunday tries to make 3 essence. If not, he orders the Queen Wasp to carry on laying eggs.

Viznor moved through the walls of the tower, the hand with the string dragging like a ball and chain, until he found himself in the general vicinity of Easter Sunday. The wasp mage was lying on the ground, slightly oozing some strange and slightly acidic substances. Both attempted conversation and both found it rather difficult, deciding in the end to pause for now and try again when they felt a little better. Finally, Easter recovered enough of his muscle control to roll his tongue back in his mouth and sit up. He saw that the summoned queen was doing its job well, creating a nest with at least a dozen cells.

{Easter Sunday, lingering poison -1END}

Pocket the needle, carefully. Then make 4 essences.

Gambler carefully pocketed the needle, embedding the sharp end in the cloth to avoid accidentally poking himself. This was not something to be taken lightly and he knew it better than anyone. This done, he moved about carefully to test if the needle wasn't pointing ot anywhere. It wasn't. This should be safe enough, though it was still no better than carrying around a vial of nitroglycerin.

"Interesting... Tangible reality and Lumui power... So very interesting."

Try to pick up painted compass. It could be a valuable clue to the puzzle and a good instrument of orientating oneself in many Tower halls. Follow its directions to see if it actively leads somewhere or if reality changes to match it.

Ao followed the compass on the paper while also mentally holding a map of where he went. This was arguably a futile task with the Tower's unstable geometry, but he did it anyways. And it seemed that the compass had some trouble with the Tower as well as it went in something that was like a circle. More of a square really, but that was probably part of the road. And at the end of the road was a room and within the room was a cauldron, seemingly partially sunken into the floor.

3 more essences

Try to feed the crystal bird a non-chaotic +1/+1 essence, trying this since it was originally created by a collapsed essence near the crystal

Just to see if it works, Seva attempted to infuse more semi-raw magic into his crystal bird. It seemed to work out okay, as crystal bird's feathers gained more detail. The stony origins were still clear to see but the feathers now looked as if they had actual hairs.

Three more Essences.

Magus N.A. continued focusing power.

Chorkinaan returns to the forge room and revisits Skelliborn.

I've got it! With Viznor's help, I've cracked the code. Royalty is able to morph and extend in such a way because it lacks a state of matter, and therefore is unbound by the traditional laws that govern form, adhesion, cohesion, and structural integrity! The best part is, I'm fully capable to recreate such a material! I call it Subcolloid. Anyway, I think I aught to use my next few minutes cleaning up my mess.

Three essences, survey the damage I caused whilst getting ahead of myself in testing Royalty's capabilities.

Chorkinaan returned to Skeliborn and shared the discovery about the nature of Royalty. Also, since he now had the time, inspected the damage. Really, most of the stuff he had cut apart was decorative or optional. Except the anvil, it was really not that great now that it had been cut in half. And it was kinda important to the functioning of the smithy, if anyone used it ever again.

Name: Markus
Affinity: Nanobots
Description: A mage in a dark cloak and hood. His face is hidden in shadows, but he has dark eyes and blonde hair.
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

(Shout out to @Whisperling for the recommendation)

Get to the tower and make four essences afterward.

{Actions should be bolded. If you want some different color for yourself, just say.}

Portal flashed with otherworldly glow once more and delivered Marcus, lord of the smallest and most populated kingdom. His mastery of forging the tiniest of spells allowed him to forge undetectable poisons and all devouring swarms that couldn't be harmed by neither blade nor fire. Bravely, he ventured towards the glowing purple tower and conjured himself some power once there.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 215 New mage with new magery
« Reply #6829 on: January 19, 2017, 08:07:57 pm »

Alright, my exams are over so I should be able to return to an actual schedule. I'll aim for updates on Mondays/Thursdays.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

Oh my... I hadn't even noticed I'd destroyed the Anvil. I had better see if I can fix that.

Attempt to assemble the two halves of the anvil and hold them together in the shape of a whole anvil whilst casting a spell to momentarily melt the very edges of each piece before allowing them to reform together.

Magical welding for the win!

Oh, and make two essences afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:17:16 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: January 19, 2017, 09:14:23 pm »

Markus makes a blob of grey goo that eat ground to multiply. They are created with toggle word that can turn replicating on and off as well as voice recognition so no one can turn it on or off but Markus. The word to turn replicating on is "emancipation" and the word to turn replicating off is "serfdom".

Markus uses all three of his essences on this, after which, he makes another 3 essences.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: January 19, 2017, 10:37:49 pm »

Welcome back Chorkinaan. I will be ready for the ritual next turn but I can brief you on the basic spell.

To start things off, since my speciality is blades, not armour, you would probably make the best leader of the ritual. The idea of the armour is to ideally a something that protects the user both from magical, and physical attacks. And gives the user the ability to fly. In order to prepare for the ritual I have crafted a number of sacrificial swords which can be used to help reduce the consequences of mistakes.
((@ironsnake345 Next turn you may just want to quote this for the ritual.))
Cast a spell that makes each of the sacrificial blades a different color of the rainbow. (so as to make them each different sacrifices for next turn.). Hand 3 of the blades over to Chorkinaan
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:38:25 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: January 19, 2017, 10:51:34 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Note to self: make more suicide drones of that type for future use. Just include safeguards to keep them from activating until I need them to be used... anyways."

If the fire's been put out, the snowmaker bot should stop belching snow. The parts cutter bot, if it's finished with the skiis, should try to salvage the "scout" drone, if it's not too far away(out of hex). 

Aside from that: Doktor Diabolical makes 3 robots essences. As much as Doktor Diabolical would like to proceed with making the transmuter bot, he's certainly not doing it with only one essence that doesn't even help CMP.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: January 20, 2017, 02:12:58 am »

Sounds difficult; I might be able to manage the flight using manipulation of gravitation, and physical protection should be well within my range of expertise, but I may have trouble otherwise. I hope you have carefully considered how to twist the spell in such a way that you can contribute power of your own.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: January 20, 2017, 08:58:33 am »

I think I can deal with the magical attacks and we can probably use this room as a magical focus to help even more with the spell.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: January 20, 2017, 09:05:36 am »

Three more essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: January 20, 2017, 03:15:36 pm »

Try to create a replica.

((Yes, I do mean the glass cube.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: January 22, 2017, 04:28:13 pm »

Now that he could talk, Easter Sunday says:
"A bow would be nice, but armor would be preferable. If you can't make armor though, a bow would be fine. What would you want in payment?"

((How long will the lingering poison last for?))

Easter Sunday concentrates his power on the eggs, imbuing them with strength. He uses 2 chaotic essences +1cmp, and 1 chaotic essence +1 +1.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:31:06 pm by vishdafish »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: January 22, 2017, 05:29:50 pm »

Now that he could talk, Easter Sunday says:

((How long will the lingering poison last for?))

Easter Sunday concentrates his power on the eggs, imbuing them with strength. He uses 2 chaotic essences +1cmp, and 1 chaotic essence +1 +1.

((Responded to this earlier as well, but copy/pasting.))

"It is entirely... within my capabilities (argh), though not when something is... taking a sledgehammer to the inside of my... skull.

In return ow, I would like a talisman... which grants me... the dexterity of an insect, and possibly... ow the speed as well. I would assist... you to increase... its potency."

"Ow."
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 506