Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181777 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 215 New mage with new magery
« Reply #6840 on: January 22, 2017, 09:11:52 pm »

4 more essences, then feed some more essences to the bird, non-chaotic only
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: January 23, 2017, 05:03:04 am »

Give Chorkinaan 3 of the Sacrifical Blades (for use in the ritual next turn)

((Felt that I should point this out:
Limits: 3 sacrifices per wizard, sacrifices have to be related to the effect of the ritual, all sacrifices have to be diferent.
))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: January 23, 2017, 04:34:17 pm »

((Rip: Looks like I'll need  bit more prep work. Editing action slightly.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:23 pm »

Turn 216

Oh my... I hadn't even noticed I'd destroyed the Anvil. I had better see if I can fix that.

Attempt to assemble the two halves of the anvil and hold them together in the shape of a whole anvil whilst casting a spell to momentarily melt the very edges of each piece before allowing them to reform together.

Magical welding for the win!

Oh, and make two essences afterwards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan put the two pieces of anvil together and magically welded them together. There, good as new. Except for the welding mark, but anvils were not used for beauty.

Markus makes a blob of grey goo that eat ground to multiply. They are created with toggle word that can turn replicating on and off as well as voice recognition so no one can turn it on or off but Markus. The word to turn replicating on is "emancipation" and the word to turn replicating off is "serfdom".

Markus uses all three of his essences on this, after which, he makes another 3 essences.

Marcus focused his power and conjured his deadliest weapon. There was no point in messing about really. A blob of silvery material the size of a head of a pin appeared and fell onto the purple floor of the tower. It wasn't doing much for some reason.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Note to self: make more suicide drones of that type for future use. Just include safeguards to keep them from activating until I need them to be used... anyways."

If the fire's been put out, the snowmaker bot should stop belching snow. The parts cutter bot, if it's finished with the skiis, should try to salvage the "scout" drone, if it's not too far away(out of hex). 

Aside from that: Doktor Diabolical makes 3 robots essences. As much as Doktor Diabolical would like to proceed with making the transmuter bot, he's certainly not doing it with only one essence that doesn't even help CMP.

Doktor sent out his cutter bot to see if there was anything to salvage from the scout bot, but he didn't hold out much hope. The crash was pretty strong, then again, without any explosions stuff probably didn't scatter too far away. He'd see the results, if any, soon enough.

Three more essences.

Magus N.A. continued his meditation.

Try to create a replica.

((Yes, I do mean the glass cube.))

Cuberac, remembering the strange cube, attempted to conjure a copy. Glass cube appeared and shifted, soon turning black, but not entirely. There was a pale light coming off it, but it was hardly visible in daylight.

4 more essences, then feed some more essences to the bird, non-chaotic only

Seva fed some more essences to the bird, causing it to become smoother around the edges. The crystal bird barely looked rocky anymore, the only real ways to recognize it's origins were looking into it's gemstone like eyes or notice that feathers carried a sharp edge. They were a bit brittle to use them as a weapon, though grabbing the bird would be a pain, literally.

Now that he could talk, Easter Sunday says:
"A bow would be nice, but armor would be preferable. If you can't make armor though, a bow would be fine. What would you want in payment?"

((How long will the lingering poison last for?))

Easter Sunday concentrates his power on the eggs, imbuing them with strength. He uses 2 chaotic essences +1cmp, and 1 chaotic essence +1 +1.

{Until you deal with it somehow}

Easter enchanted the eggs queen had laid with extra power, hastening their development considerably and improving the creatures growing within. There was some dealmaking to do now, but he'd soon return to this.

Welcome back Chorkinaan. I will be ready for the ritual next turn but I can brief you on the basic spell.

To start things off, since my speciality is blades, not armour, you would probably make the best leader of the ritual. The idea of the armour is to ideally a something that protects the user both from magical, and physical attacks. And gives the user the ability to fly. In order to prepare for the ritual I have crafted a number of sacrificial swords which can be used to help reduce the consequences of mistakes.
((@ironsnake345 Next turn you may just want to quote this for the ritual.))
Cast a spell that makes each of the sacrificial blades a different color of the rainbow. (so as to make them each different sacrifices for next turn.). Hand 3 of the blades over to Chorkinaan

Skeliborn cast a spell over three of his sacrificial blades, recoloring them with red, green and blue. Or that was the intention, what happened was that they each gained a colored hilt, leaving the rest of blade unchanged. They were kinda different now, but magic would most likely resonate and destroy them all at once regardless.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 216 Porridge of doom
« Reply #6844 on: January 23, 2017, 09:21:26 pm »

I found some fun reading again. PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: January 23, 2017, 11:16:57 pm »

((So, if you don't mind me asking, what percentage of the game is going on by PM nowadays?))
((Also, Doktor's factory bot isn't in the status.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Soon, yes, soon I will be ready to start the ritual. Wait. The aether resonance matrix. Need to remember to call it that. My scientist friends would never take me seriously if I called it a ritual. Unless, of course, it was an actual ritual. Like the one with the string and the demon and the boline that was supposed to turn you into a vampire. But this is nothing like that. Yes."

3 more essences in preparation for the creation of the final ritual sacrifice.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:18 am »

((So, if you don't mind me asking, what percentage of the game is going on by PM nowadays?))
((Also, Doktor's factory bot isn't in the status.))

((Maybe 4 people play through PM's regularly, with some others joining in occasionally. And the Bot is in the inventory. Unless you mean the bot that makes bots, since I'm pretty sure you only summoned parts for it but didn't put them together.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 214 Plagiarism is flattery
« Reply #6847 on: January 24, 2017, 09:21:35 am »

Doktor moved forth with his diabolical plan and assembled his robot assembly. Automation! Given parts it would make robots. It could even make specific robots, although usually it would just make whatever it had parts for.
((I'm referring to this robot.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: January 24, 2017, 12:35:38 pm »

"Then it is a deal. How should we do this? Should I make the talisman first, or will you make the armor first?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:33:27 pm by vishdafish »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: January 24, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »

Now smash it and observe the results.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: January 25, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »

It appears I may need to delay the ritual for a bit while I prepare better sacrifes.
Summon 2 blades (2 spells)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: January 25, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

Enchant the regeneration ring to massively [-3 CMP] improve the wearer's Luck with unstable, chaotic, and/or collapsing essences. 3 +1/+1 essences, one +2/+2 essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: January 25, 2017, 09:12:37 pm »

Summon a bird that is similar to one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_honeyguide but instead of searching for beehives, it searches for treasure unclaimed by a mage then leads me to it, use 5 +1/+1 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: January 26, 2017, 03:21:34 am »

Make some basic tools that are made from nanobots. Perhaps an axe or the like (which aren't grey goo).
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 214 Plagiarism is flattery
« Reply #6854 on: January 26, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »

Doktor moved forth with his diabolical plan and assembled his robot assembly. Automation! Given parts it would make robots. It could even make specific robots, although usually it would just make whatever it had parts for.
((I'm referring to this robot.))

Then that's an error in the charsheet. Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 506