Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163873 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 216 Porridge of doom
« Reply #6855 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:36 pm »

fine by me.

Three essence routine.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: January 26, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »

Easter Sunday makes 4 essence.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: January 26, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »

((Sorry about the delay.))

"Then it is a deal. How should we do this? Should I make the talisman first, or will you make the armor first?"

"I shall make the armor first, and hand it to you as the talisman is created. The separation is highly preferable, as I wish to assist with the creation of the talisman so as to make it as potent as is possible. You are welcome to do the same for your armor, if you so choose."

Placeholder action is to make five knowledge essences and search the library for something related to the multiverse and/or transdimensional travel. (+3 to luck from slam poetry tome, tower aura, and ring).

This will be replaced with the armor spell if we work everything out before next turn.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:27 pm »

Turn 217

Now smash it and observe the results.

The cube crashed into the rocky ground and shattered. With the first crack that appeared, blinding light spilled forth, forcing Cuberac to cover his eyes. Afterwards, there were only a few shards of mirror glass left.

It appears I may need to delay the ritual for a bit while I prepare better sacrifes.
Summon 2 blades (2 spells)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skeliborn conjured some more blades, one a rapier and the other a short-sword. Now those would certainly do, they had plenty of swordyness and yet enough differences.

Enchant the regeneration ring to massively [-3 CMP] improve the wearer's Luck with unstable, chaotic, and/or collapsing essences. 3 +1/+1 essences, one +2/+2 essence.

Gambler focused his power on his regeneration ring and turned. Strands of fate were twisted and redirected, the magic itself working to further Gambler's goals. The ring glimmered softly, catching the light just so, seemingly entirely by accident. This, this could very well be his best work yet.

{Ring of Fortune, +3 LUCK, regeneration.}

Summon a bird that is similar to one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_honeyguide but instead of searching for beehives, it searches for treasure unclaimed by a mage then leads me to it, use 5 +1/+1 essences

Seva called forth a bird that wasn't. It was a fairly difficult job, calling a bird and then modifying it before it materialized. When it came it had feathers that had colour of gold and it immediately homed in on the crystal bird. It chirped at it and then returned to Seva, where it chirped again. The crystal bird seemed slightly confused by this.

Make some basic tools that are made from nanobots. Perhaps an axe or the like (which aren't grey goo).

Marcus, unsatisfied with his grey goo attempt, decided to go for simpler and more instant means. In this case, the more instant mean was a hand ax built from nanobots holding themselves together. Not as durable as a solid item but far easier to repair.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Soon, yes, soon I will be ready to start the ritual. Wait. The aether resonance matrix. Need to remember to call it that. My scientist friends would never take me seriously if I called it a ritual. Unless, of course, it was an actual ritual. Like the one with the string and the demon and the boline that was supposed to turn you into a vampire. But this is nothing like that. Yes."

3 more essences in preparation for the creation of the final ritual sacrifice.

Doktor almost had all the material required for his aether resonance matrix project. Definitely not a ritual. Those had candles, and drawings on the ground and creepy people in robes. Doktor wore clothes that were more practical than robes, so no danger there.

fine by me.

Three essence routine.

Chorkinaan conjured some extra power while he waited. Soon, he'd be able to get to work again.

Easter Sunday makes 4 essence.

Easter conjured some more power in preparation for some future work. Like developing those eggs further. Or making some more giant wasps. Either way, someone will probably be horrified.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:23:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: January 26, 2017, 09:45:53 pm »

PM's come tomorrow and Viznor/Whisperling will be processed then as well, wether deal gets finalized or not.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 217 The most delicate ax
« Reply #6860 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:18 pm »

"Yes, I know about that. Can you find me something I don't know about?"

Send the bird to go look for treasure, avoiding other mages, make 3 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:30 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Almost there..."

Using 3 +1/+1 essences and a +2 POT essence, Doktor creates(-1) a robot that obeys his orders(-1) and can transmute materials into metal(-1).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: January 27, 2017, 02:44:32 pm »

Go back to searching for the original.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »

Three Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:34 pm »

"Then it is a deal. How should we do this? Should I make the talisman first, or will you make the armor first?"

"I shall make the armor first, and hand it to you as the talisman is created. The separation is highly preferable, as I wish to assist with the creation of the talisman so as to make it as potent as is possible. You are welcome to do the same for your armor, if you so choose."

Placeholder action is to make five knowledge essences and search the library for something related to the multiverse and/or transdimensional travel. (+3 to luck from slam poetry tome, tower aura, and ring).

This will be replaced with the armor spell if we work everything out before next turn.

Viznor calmly waited for his partner to mull over the offered deal. Then he stopped calmly waiting and went off and grabbed another book, this one about wards against teleportation. There was respecting people and there was wasting time, they could think while he read.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:10 pm »

Finally got around to updating table of contents and map Legend. With that, the last effects of my exams on the game are over.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: January 29, 2017, 08:45:07 am »

3 blades (3 spells)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: January 29, 2017, 11:56:01 am »

3 essences. Do some stretches to pass time. (and to test out my newfound flexibility.)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »

Three essences, and use the orb to discreetly check up on any upcoming disturbances, such as the ritual outside.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: January 29, 2017, 06:12:58 pm »

[glow=yellow]Shall we start then? I would prefer it if my armor had the property to damage the attacker...[/glow]
If Viznor starts making the armor, Easter Sunday uses +5 +5 non chaotic essence to help.
If not, he imbues more power with any chaotic essence into the eggs
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 506