Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dragon Ball XdX (IC)  (Read 3076 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dragon Ball XdX (IC)
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:07:22 pm »

OOC/Applications Thread (Keep non-game chatter in here)

It was just another day in the world.  People were waking up, going to work, driving cars, riding trains, caring for their families, tending to factories, repairing machines, running experiments, dealing with politics, having children being born to, dying, waging war, running frauds, hacking, performing terrorism, and worshiping Cthulu, if they were into that sort of thing.  However, four persons on the planet, Sincillion Nene the 'Young' Djinn, Dr. Axal the Human Cyborg, Violin the 'Demon' Namekian, and Sorya the Hidden Half-Saiyan, had something unusual happen to them.

In the middle of their routines, they were all hit on the back of the head with a piece of paper.  On it was a set of coordinates, as well as a date and time set for 3 days away from when they got the message.  Upon closer inspection, a message was written.  Two words, and one letter.
Come alone -H.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball XdX (IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:17 pm »

Dr. Axal- "Honey, you need to see this."

Mrs. Axal- "Dear, you know how I feel about this whole 'Mysterious dangerous note' buisness"

Dr. Axal- "I know, But you know how these things are, ignoring them is often times even more dangerous."

Mrs Axal- "Hrmm, Ok, but... Just be safe, ok?"

Dr. Axal- "Of course!, I am the brightest scientist the red ribbon army had to offer aren't I! Ha ha!"

Gather up equipment and head to the lab. Attach cables connecting Bionic hand to Bat-Pack. Then google-maps those coordinates. Let's see just what is here if anything...

Dr Axal- "I must say the very least, if this is a trap, they are getting better at sending the notes undetected, why did none of my camera's alert me of an intruder?..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:55:14 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

"-the crap is this? Who's this 'H' person?"

Sorya grumbled as she got up from the meditation Badon had been having her do for the last few weeks, claiming it was meant to give her focus and control. All it had given her so far was a sore back...

The half-Saiyan shook her head to clear it, her tail wriggling in her belt loops as she stretched. Time to go see if Badon knew what this was all about...a mysterious note that seemed likely to kill her if she obeyed the blasted thing was a reasonable excuse to shirk her training, wasn't it?

Sighing at the thought of the punishments he would probably mete out for this infraction, the bastard, Sorya focused for a moment, gathering her thoughts, and took a step off the rock pillar she'd been sitting on. As she did, she shaped her Ki into a cutting wedge, making the light push she gave off the cliff face sending her hurtling forward as she flew towards her master's house.

Besides, she needed to see just where these coordinates were, anyway, and her mom would just tell her not to go anyway, she didn't need to be there to hear it...but she would tell her where she was going when she left anyway, and say goodbye, just in case.

"...man, why do these things always have to happen to me?..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 07:47:57 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:04:18 pm »

As Sorya entered Badon's house, she saw the Saiyan in meditation.  The Half-Saiyan tried to quietly sneak past her master to find out where the coordinates were, but her master shot up his hand and launched a Ki Energy Wave that sent her into the wall.  Without moving from his position, except to return his hand to its former position, he asked, "You should know better than to try that.  Why are you not meditating?"
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:47:32 pm »

"O-ow...Ah, well, see, I got this note...you might wanna take a look at it."

Sorya pulled herself up from the heap at the foot of the wall, and stretched at the parts that had hit, letting out a ragged low bark as something cracked in her lower back. She grumbles under her breath as she walked over to where her master sat, sitting across from him on the floor, and offering the paper.

"Ach, that hurt, master Badon...why couldn't you have just said something? I probably would have jumped high enough to hit the ceiling anyway..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Badon took the note, holding the paper in his hand where he could see it without moving from his position.  "You should hold your composure better.  The others may come at any time, and while the preferred tactics are more blatant, you must be ready for them to strike at any moment."  As Badon read the note, he continued, "Most of the pain from that is from surprise.  The attack was barely powered."  Badon returned the paper when he was finished, returning to his earlier position afterwards.  "I do not know of any that use the initial 'H'.  How did you get this note?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 11:19:58 pm »

Sorya shrugged, knowing that it might irritate the Saiyan, depending on his mood. He disliked the gesture, much of the time, though only in his worse moods did it actively annoy him. She didn't much care, at the moment. Barely powered for him, maybe...

"Surprise is still painful, apparently....it came out of nowhere, hit the back of my head. Never noticed anyone nearby, didn't sense any power surges or the like."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:26:53 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 11:25:25 pm »

Whoops, didn't read the entire message, command edited.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »

Sorya
"Power surges are minute if the attack is far enough below the standard Power Level," the Saiyan replied.  He then said, with mild annoyance, "You have not answered my question."

Dr. Axal
You do a quick search of the coordinates, and find it to be a brushland with few plateaus and a strangely blacked out portion of the map covering the end of a nearby cove, which has a larger concentration of plateaus surrounding it.  The exact coordinates are at the top of the largest plateau in the area.  The nearest settlement is fourteen miles away from the location.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 11:42:53 pm »

"I told you. It came out of nowhere and hit the back of my head. Considering it's all ominous and shit, I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to you."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 11:54:11 pm »

"Well, either for a meeting or an assassination, that is the perfect place to do it I suppose. In either case, It simply wouldn't do to be unprepared."

Search lab for Micro-syringes (Empty) and one cooler.

"Where did I leave those blasted things, their small size is every bit a blessing and a curse."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:01:36 am by Shadestyle »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 12:21:16 am »

Sorya
Badon raised an eyebrow and replied, "So it wasn't a lack of a surge of power, it was no power at all?"  The Saiyan thought for a moment, before continuing, "There are a few possibilities that it could be, all technological based; however..."  Badon thought deeply before continuing, "the capability to produce those are above what this planet can create as of now..."  He stood from the Lotus position.  "There are a few people I need to speak with.  When you are heading here, stop off at this location," he said, taking a small scroll from his robes and handing it to Sorya.  "Climb the tower and ask for a few Senzu beans.  Save them for when you are exhausted.  They'll help give you a fighting chance."  After he finished, Badon headed out the door and left to go see whoever he left to see.

Dr. Axal
The Doctor, after a fair deal of searching, only manages to find two empty micro-syringes and a reusable water bottle.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 12:28:45 am »

Search the lab's Minifridge.

"Having one's own drinks is a great way to both ease negotiations and avoid being poisoned. There might be some leftover adrenaline and the like in there for these syringes as well, if I'm lucky."

Dr. Axal states to himself as he rummages through his minifridge, being cooped up in the lab for days at a time, he usually has some assorted soft drinks and the like, right alongside his refrigerated chemicals. Of course everything is very specifically labeled, wouldn't do to drink battery acid in place of it's citric cousin, Dr. Axal has learned this the hard way, a very embarrassing hospital trip that was!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 01:03:52 am »

The demon Violin was deep in the rain forests, tracking elusive leopards, when the note found him, and for the first few minutes following, he could only stare at it. He took security and awareness of one's soroundings seriously, as their was no telling when Tien, or perhaps even the dreaded Son Goku who had killed his master, might come for him. The fact that somebody could get the drop on him like that was rather unnerving.

Still... neither of those people had 'H' as an initial, nor would they be likely to beat around the bush if they wanted the demon dead. And although trickery and subterfuge was likely not above the spawn of his old master, Violin doubted that Piccolo Junior would need to resort to such measures in dealing with his father's old minion turned scholar.

He turned to his native guide, and issued a command. "Attun, Fik, Unekko." -Something urgent has come up, and I need to return to the hotel.-

---

Back in his hotel room, with phone and internet access, Violin gets quickly gets to work. First he looks up the location (likely learning what Dr. Axal did), and then he proceeds to call a travel agent. Whatever this event was, the mysterious 'H' saw fit to keep it away from people. Intresting.

Check to see if I can reasonably travel to the location from the jungle in three days. Disregard if Violin can fly.
Pages: [1] 2 3