Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 167960 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:38 am »

If you're sending out pre-game PMs, you should probably lock the thread.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:15 am »

OK, pre-games sent and replies recieved.
I'm sending out role PMs (and locking thread) now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:20 am »

It was a busy day in Flabort's Cards and Games Shop. Various ages of child, teenager, and young adult (as well as a couple older gents) were rushing around, getting organized for the big event. Flabort himself stood in the center at the Head Table, standing watch over the covered pile of completely unopened release merchandise.

The clock struck midnight. Anyone who wasn't yet sitting down grabbed a chair and sat. Flabort stuck out his hand, and wisked the cover off the pile. Sparkly foil packaging and plastic wrapped boxes glinted in the dimmed lights of the store, and he stepped forward in a booming voice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the brand new game you've all been waiting for, finally arived; 'Reaper Rocks'," he declares. His two employees move forward and start passing out packs from the pile, and once everyone has two packs, he anounces, "Begin! Start opening!"

From each foil pack falls several small gemstones, each glowing faintly. The cards still within the packs are forgotten as each player grabs the stones on the table, and each feels a similar but distinct experience of endorphins rushing and power flowing. Eyes flash and meet as the patrons of the store are flooded with unlocked knowledge within their minds; they are stopped when Flabort makes another anouncement.

"Additional packs may be won through play. The grand champion, or champions as the case may be, will get five boxes of packs, each in the case of a tie. And: You may not leave the store until the game is over. The doors are sealed with the same powers as those stones you know hold possess. You cannot leave."

As realization sinks in, play begins. Players start to organize themselves, only for someone to scream. Flabort's body is discovered under the table, and the imposter who was speaking grins and dissapears into a thin vapor. Mere moments later the bodies of his two employees are found, too. The players start talking, and agree that for this many deaths to occur, someone present must be responsible. Someone's eyes glow, and the speak of five people hidden in the midst of the players who seek to take all the stones for themselves, and every pack in the pile.

It is agreed that they will use the power of the gemstones to eliminate suspects between games of cards, in order to find the killers. The nature of the game becomes clear, that the cards are not important, and the first hour begins.

There is a new rule in play! Non-players can vote in PINK and their votes will be counted. There is a new rule in play! Members of the Deadchat can send messages to the scum chat using bold text, but they cannot read the scum chat! There is a new rule in play! Non-players may vote in LIMEGREEN to choose a certain player's action at night, from the choices of "Protect", "Investigate", or "Give new Power".

The following players are publicly known to be town:
Varee
TheDarkStar

Votecount
4maskwolf (0) -
BlitzDungeoneer (-4) -
GayArchaea (0) -
Jack A T (0) -
Mastahcheese (0) -
Notquitethere (0) -
Persus13 (0) -
SuperBlackCat (0) -
TheDarkStar (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
Tiruin (0) -
Toaster (0) -
TolyK (0) -
Urist Imiknorris (0) -
Varee (0) -

Day ends Friday, Sept 12, approximately 7:00 PM (84 hours from this post).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:42:10 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2014, 08:44:46 am »

I don't even this game.

Varee//TDS: Why are you town?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2014, 08:54:49 am »

Tirurin: One of my auto is telling other my wincon, I feel it is likely a simiar thing for TD.

So this is going to be !!FUN!!
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2014, 08:55:02 am »

TolyK for teh lulz.

Varee for Give new Power because it seems fitting.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2014, 08:57:04 am »

So troll shake, so troll
Blitz, why you got -4 vote ....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2014, 08:57:57 am »

Nooo, Jack A T for Give New Power because why did you send in that role :I

Next

Shakerag, I hate you[r pick of roles]. Are you nyancat?

Also BlitzDungeoneer why is your roleset balanced by a whopping 4 negative votes?

I am not myself here -_-

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2014, 09:02:42 am »

Tirurin read the post again ....
Shake is not a player
Green thing is for non player

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2014, 09:07:10 am »

SO WHO WAS SHAKERAG

Oh no, he's a player alright. A replacement but BLARGH.

Jack A T I KNOW YOUR SECRETS. I HATE PEOPLE. BLARGH.
Also legitimate question: How do you view this high-powered game? What is your primary method of looking into your feel of people: How they post or the relative content/wording of their post? How many roles did you send in? :I

Shakerag: Y U POST. I HATE.

4maskwolf: WHY. WHY. WHY. I QUIT. ARGH.
And on a legitimate question: How many roles did you send in?

Toaster: FEELING NATIONALISTIC, EH, BUDDY?
Also legitimate question: Do you expect whackiness in a 'gamebreaking' sort of way later on in-game, or do you expect radical balance through foreknowledge of roles (given that this is a high-stakes game)

I hate this game :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:00 am »

Oh wait I'm a player ahahaha

I hate this game argh this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:11 am »

Tiruin

Next

Also BlitzDungeoneer why is your roleset balanced by a whopping 4 negative votes?

I am not myself here -_-
Why Jack A T?

So one of my role powers is that I can't vote just one person and have to use three votes every time I vote.

notquitethere: What do you think your strategy will be for an extremely night heavy game?

Blitz: What is with the -4 on your vote?

Toaster: Do you think Varee and TheDarkStar are actually town?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:35 am »

Tiruin

Next

I am not myself here -_-
Why Jack A T?

So one of my role powers is that I can't vote just one person and have to use three votes every time I vote.
BECAUSE I HATE YOU TOO. BLARGH.
Seriously, one of my roles already point out the obvious that it was from him, given that I know his character. Hilariously, this is not metaknowledge and my vote is in accordance with what I should play as my role instead of my true play style, by which I mean treat all those I vote as extremely fluid, the usual case addressed in bold as if I'm just speaking to them, and I've a special mustache which I love to twirl every day >_>
I hate this game. I quit (no I don't)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

Flabort:  Can non-players contribute meaningful discussion aside from the votes they have?

Also, five?  Is five the number of members of the Mafia team?  Five non-town?  Five with wincons directly opposed to the town?

Shakerag:  *Assuming the answer to the above question is yes* what impact do you think you personally will have on the game?

Tiruin:
SO WHO WAS SHAKERAG

There's a little bit of Shakerag in all of us.

Toaster: FEELING NATIONALISTIC, EH, BUDDY?
Also legitimate question: Do you expect whackiness in a 'gamebreaking' sort of way later on in-game, or do you expect radical balance through foreknowledge of roles (given that this is a high-stakes game)

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH

I'm hoping for the "everything is overpowered" school of balance, and that it is meaningfully executed.  There may be some sort of counterbalance roles involved that slow down a team if it gets out in power.  Really, I have no idea.

Do you think your role is balanced?

Jack:  Why did you feel the need to spread the influence of your Soviet Canuckistan far and wide?  Shall I paint your name your favorite color of red?

Persus:
Toaster: Do you think Varee and TheDarkStar are actually town?

I'm not buying them as 100% confirmed just yet.

Can they be the same three people?  Can one be yourself?  If you change one, can you keep the other two the same?

Urist I:  What influence do you think the nonplayers will have?  Do you think the rules involving them will change (Sleeping God style) or do you think we're stuck with them until the relevant player is gone?

Mastahcheese:  What do you think is the biggest threat to town this game?

4mask:  Will the abundance of powers benefit town or scum more?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:47 am »

Do you think your role is balanced?
No.
...Yes.
..Wait, still, no.
>_>
It is hard to quantify 'balanced' here; I do believe it is 'balanced' in the way that 'I have no idea what will happen in the future but I'm pretty OP in my own sense of looking at my own roles.'

Because i say negative things in my post, as an always. Doesn't matter how negative or what, just /negative/. However I may format it in a way that is explicitly obvious. [which I only noticed as of this post.] :'(
THAT IS A LIE. I LIE. MWAHAHA!
HEY SCUMBAGS, KILL ME TONIGHT K? ACTUALLY DON'T; AHAHAHAHAAHAA.

Urist I:  What influence do you think the nonplayers will have?  Do you think the rules involving them will change (Sleeping God style) or do you think we're stuck with them until the relevant player is gone?
It is not important. They just get to pick something/+one.
Nothing else than that.
I AM AMORPHOUS. FEEL MY MORPHOSITY. IT IS JELLY. I AM JELLY, OF YOU ALL.

Please ignore the capital text.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78