Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 165685 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Vote Count
« Reply #810 on: September 17, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)
(* = used 1 extension)

DAY 1 IS OVER.
The player identifying himself with the masks he wears created in the form of the faces of four wolves throws together a simple deck from the cards in his pack, mostly ignoring his stones though he tests and feels their powers as he plays the cards. He manages to lose every match of cards he plays, being blocked and countered at every turn. It looks like he's going to be expelled from the tournament when a buzzing is felt in the stones held by each player. A cloud of confusion washes over the crowd, and a light show of colors results as players release the energies in their rocks and gain their bearings.
As the lights dim back to a visible level, it is realized that Urist Imiknorris has been struck down, several javelins of solid light sticking out of his back. These javelins are present in the chests and arms of several others attending the release, but the javelins disappear, leaving no wounds, and Urist is definitely bleeding profusely.
Nervous chuckles are had when he is turned over to reveal that his face is missing and his clothes have been transformed into a straight jacket. With dynamite strapped to the jacket...
The dynamite explodes violently. Toaster and someone else are caught in the blast. However, one person walks out of the explosion, still on fire; when he passes by a wide eyed cat that makes cheese, the fire leaps from him to the cat, only to go out immediately.

Urist Imiknorris has been lynched, Toaster has been killed.

Urist Imiknorris
Alignment: Shakerag Did It Again
(Auto) Of course he did: He did.

Toaster
Alignment: Shakerag Did It Again
(Auto) Of course he did: He did.

NIGHT 1 BEGINS, and will end approximately September 19, 7 PM Alberta Time, approximately 48 hours from this post.
Remember, do not post at night unless your power lets you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:09:03 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #811 on: September 17, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »

*sigh* Nein u_u

Somehow, someone is dead set in implicating 4mask. For some reason.

PS: I can post at night.
Next, nobody yet has claimed the Shakeragian varieties (you troll :I), and staring right at D1, it seems that UI is a supersaint-ish type?
*reads*
Oh, lynched. Killed.
Y'know, the vote was damned tied and yet UI's votes were either stolen (just like how 4mask's were "stolen", probably), signifying a devious power regarding the roles.

Conclusion: Hey y'all, we must all be lump-voting in the future to at least NOT get into this scenario.
ALSO IT IS DARK. I CAN'T APPRECIATE MY SURROUNDINGS. I HATE THIS.

*Tiruin gets some tea.

Hey Flabort: Query. If the role granting that shakeragdidit fun also dies, will those who was cover-flipped earlier...err, now full flip?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 17, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »

We all have cool powers, one of mine is that I can post during the night.

I've got some info that I can now share:

1. Someone has a power that will screw with the truth value of info you get from powers, so my advice is that if you're using Inspects etc, only bother if they're definitely infallible.

2. There's a role called Mute (I believe Varee submitted it). Whoever has it can prevent players from voting. The same person was most likely responsible for killing some peoples powers today.

I'm expecting a message from Flabort any moment now which might shed some light on the obfuscated roleflips.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 17, 2014, 08:29:48 pm »

I will devour you all.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 17, 2014, 08:33:19 pm »

I'm expecting a message from Flabort any moment now which might shed some light on the obfuscated roleflips.
Message was received. I learned... nothing. Well that was disappointing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 17, 2014, 08:34:44 pm »

We all have cool powers, one of mine is that I can post during the night.

I've got some info that I can now share:

1. Someone has a power that will screw with the truth value of info you get from powers, so my advice is that if you're using Inspects etc, only bother if they're definitely infallible.

2. There's a role called Mute (I believe Varee submitted it). Whoever has it can prevent players from voting. The same person was most likely responsible for killing some peoples powers today.

FINALLY. I CAN PUNCH YOU.

So. Now that Mr ClaimedLyncher is out, buddy, how do you feel about the proceedings of today?
On those hypotheses(?), #2 seems to be able to move through the day. Meaning Varee saved 4mask by lieu of muting UI.

@#1: That reminds me!
Here, Tiruin.
You do know he realized it was random after right? Because, as I repeat, I'm confirming it for him :^
By which I mean, Teehee~ I know why he can't vote! xD Silly silly MC.
Thanks to that link, it further confirmed something I've missed. Thanks :P

Now, back to matters. Why are you being so hyped up about semantics? How goes the tracking of claims in reference to the person, and their scumminess?

Message was received. I learned... nothing. Well that was disappointing.
Congratulations. This is my snarky voice in telling you 'oh hey there are other factors in the game than what's being claimed!'
That's like, WHY I DIDN'T WANT UI BEING LYNCHED BECAUSE OF MY REASONS STATED BEFORE >:I

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 17, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »

Are you Tsundere, or was that Urist Imiknorris? There was evidence suggesting either.

So. Now that Mr ClaimedLyncher is out, buddy, how do you feel about the proceedings of today?
Pretty sweet really. One anti-town player out the way, possible two... looking back on the record showed a rather complacent Toaster. His first half dozen posts are mostly just casual one line responses, not much in the way of scum hunting. So, fingers crossed, he was scum as well.

Here, Tiruin.
You do know he realized it was random after right? Because, as I repeat, I'm confirming it for him :^
Oh yes! Of course you claim to share the same ability as him and got a copy of the role pm. If he wasn't lying, then how do you explain SBC's remark? It seemed like pretty genuine confusion there.

Please explain further.

Now, back to matters. Why are you being so hyped up about semantics? How goes the tracking of claims in reference to the person, and their scumminess?
After all the tea and coffee I've drank today/tonight, I'm hyped up about everything. From how I read what you were saying, it genuinely looked like you were revealing yourself to be 3rd party. I'm not splitting hairs here, I'm just reading things closely.

Congratulations. This is my snarky voice in telling you 'oh hey there are other factors in the game than what's being claimed!'
That's like, WHY I DIDN'T WANT UI BEING LYNCHED BECAUSE OF MY REASONS STATED BEFORE >:I
Ok, there are obviously other factors involved that we don't all know about yet, but why did you specifically not want a lyncher dead? What made me the better target?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Night 1: Shadows Lurk
« Reply #817 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:31 pm »

Also, the flavour suggests that SBC would have been killed in that explosion, but wasn't for some reason (possibly personal immunity). Hopefully at some point someone will shine a light onto why Toaster was killed as well there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 17, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »

Here, Tiruin.
Oh yes! Of course you claim to share the same ability as him and got a copy of the role pm. If he wasn't lying, then how do you explain SBC's remark? It seemed like pretty genuine confusion there.
Hence why I asked SBC to reclarify the questions, and why I'm also putting myself up at the stake because I assuredly know it isn't a lie--the target, explicitly, is SBC.

Are you Tsundere, or was that Urist Imiknorris? There was evidence suggesting either.
UI is Tsundere?
...I should've hugged him earlier :<
But really, no. This is me with the note of having negativity in all my posts :^

Pretty sweet really. One anti-town player out the way, possible two... looking back on the record showed a rather complacent Toaster. His first half dozen posts are mostly just casual one line responses, not much in the way of scum hunting. So, fingers crossed, he was scum as well.
-_-
...Mm. But now we may probably have a vengeful ghost (DFTM) because if we perceive all he's said to be honest, now he's pissed. And I use that term rarely...
(I mean Varee; TOlyK; 4mask in a chain. Eliminate TolyK who...err, is an outlier? and we've a town-ally. Who technically is town in all ways.)

So it's like a tradeoff.

Please explain further.
I have one...heehee...ability, that is probably...how shall we say it.
Y'all will see it as imbalanced if you got it :P
But its benign. Nothing to stroke your curious chords on. MC can't vote because he has an auto that doesn't let him vote as long as he holds it. You can't change him not voting unless you remove it.

That auto is in no way, a thief/steal/link between him and me. It's...ah, how shall we say, player-tailored.
Ok, there are obviously other factors involved that we don't all know about yet, but why did you specifically not want a lyncher dead? What made me the better target?
It's more a deal of wanting probable scum dead. If you believe me to be town--check it this way.
I've said my stance on the Lyncher, in which I'll just drop the searchword: "Lyncher" as it leads to more reading of pertinent posts on the matter (and Toaster's vote in brevity ._.)
Now, adding to that, a Lyncher is a hindrance to both town and scum, as per wincon arrangements in the OP, the town wincon just specifies it in direct detail. This, by which I infer, may be the cause of the rallied mob against UI.

Now you, you're a different sort. I have no idea who you are, and leave the discernment to your alignment to good ol' scumhunting. You seem to be jumpy at bits...at times, and the times wherein you were doing such do not help if I take the timeframe of their occurrence. Like, say, how you said Tiruin = third party with such impact near the day end...Though its obviously understandable that its more a matter of debate and speculation, something going along with who I know of you instead of any alignment-based leaning.

...But back to matters (as I won't be available in the next ~3//8 hours due to exams and I've spent more time doing Mafia ._.), do note that somehow, my votes on you are taken out. Then, UI's votes ae taken out, by reference of 4mask's reminder (leading me to think it was mentioned before).

However, I have no idea why my votes are gone, too. If there's any other missing players from the spectrum, please check.

Also, the flavour suggests that SBC would have been killed in that explosion, but wasn't for some reason (possibly personal immunity). Hopefully at some point someone will shine a light onto why Toaster was killed as well there.
Flavor matters? I thought Flabort (I believe my memory may be a bit skewed) said it doesn't.
I WANT MORE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR. MY SWEET TOOTH THIRSTS FOR CRAVINGS! IT IS A MOST CONFECTIONERY EVIL.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 17, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »

Hey Flabort: Query. If the role granting that shakeragdidit fun also dies, will those who was cover-flipped earlier...err, now full flip?
No.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 17, 2014, 09:11:18 pm »

Also to clarify, in the later day scenario, I'd want the lyncher dead, but not now.
That was a quick reply!
NOW WITH ADDED NEGATIVITY.

No.
Bloody hell. :I

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 17, 2014, 09:12:33 pm »

Hey, I can post at night too. I wonder if I can vote.

I thought 4mask had a way around the role-flip obfuscation.

Tiruin: Why not kill the lyncher D1, where we have the least information and the least chance of hitting actual malevolent scum?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 17, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »

Unless it said you can't vote, you can't vote :^

Tiruin: Why not kill the lyncher D1, where we have the least information and the least chance of hitting actual malevolent scum?
Lyncher has one goal--it is not static unless target is alive by later days: Kill target or...target should be dead(by other hands?) I guess
In that scenario, we don't know who the target is pertaining to alignment, so I'm pretty happy to just let them duke it out while I search for other non-static targets :v
BROTHERS OF THE NIGHT, ASSEMBLE! ...YOU'RE ALL WEARING SUNGLASSES FOR SOME REASON! THAT IS OUT OF FASHION!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:03 pm »

Tiruin
Hence why I asked SBC to reclarify the questions, and why I'm also putting myself up at the stake because I assuredly know it isn't a lie--the target, explicitly, is SBC.
It just doesn't all add up. Maybe someone has just misunderstood something somewhere along the line. (Or, you know, you and Cheese are in cahoots with one another).

...Mm. But now we may probably have a vengeful ghost (DFTM) because if we perceive all he's said to be honest, now he's pissed. And I use that term rarely...
(I mean Varee; TOlyK; 4mask in a chain. Eliminate TolyK who...err, is an outlier? and we've a town-ally. Who technically is town in all ways.)

So it's like a tradeoff.
So long as people keep dying, the town wincon is more likely to be fulfilled. If that means venegeful ghosts then so be it.

I have one...heehee...ability, that is probably...how shall we say it.
Y'all will see it as imbalanced if you got it :P
But its benign. Nothing to stroke your curious chords on. MC can't vote because he has an auto that doesn't let him vote as long as he holds it. You can't change him not voting unless you remove it.

That auto is in no way, a thief/steal/link between him and me. It's...ah, how shall we say, player-tailored.
Curious. And how do you know this? By 'player tailored' do you mean someone (you?) gave him that auto?

Now you, you're a different sort. I have no idea who you are, and leave the discernment to your alignment to good ol' scumhunting. You seem to be jumpy at bits...at times, and the times wherein you were doing such do not help if I take the timeframe of their occurrence. Like, say, how you said Tiruin = third party with such impact near the day end...Though its obviously understandable that its more a matter of debate and speculation, something going along with who I know of you instead of any alignment-based leaning.
Well I only said it near the day's end because that's when I saw what you'd written as I was re-reading. I also made other questions and comments while I was re-reading.

...But back to matters (as I won't be available in the next ~3//8 hours due to exams and I've spent more time doing Mafia ._.), do note that somehow, my votes on you are taken out. Then, UI's votes ae taken out, by reference of 4mask's reminder (leading me to think it was mentioned before).
Good luck with your exams stuff! It's gone 3AM here and I've got work in 6 hours so I should probably go to bed. I guess you should check first thing Day 2 whether your votes have come back.

Flavor matters? I thought Flabort (I believe my memory may be a bit skewed) said it doesn't.
Well it probably doesn't, but that seems like the best explanation for the otherwise nonsensical imagery.

Sheep
I thought 4mask had a way around the role-flip obfuscation.
No, it's Wolf that's causing the roleflip obfuscation. He has the Shakerag Did It power. We won't know what's going on until the alleged brother is dead, or someone kills his ability.

This 48 hour day is going to be pretty long, especially as I've already submitted my action. Everyone watching at home will have to get used to the Tiruin & NQT & Sheep Show!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »

I thought I was alone in being able to talk at night.

Nqt, did you get trolled too? Also it's possible that maybe SBC has to be specifically targeted with an action in order for his powers to work, not be hit randomly.

Anyway, Tiruin, can you explain further the random inspect and it's targeting of NQT?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78