Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447996 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] - Ic0n Gaming
« Reply #1335 on: April 21, 2023, 09:54:53 pm »

After a bit my save will just be unable to load can crash/close the game i have no other mod installeds but i do have DFHack active. is there a load order it need to be in?

Hi ITzGhosty, DFHack is untested but seems compatible. If you followed all install instructions and you are using version [5.0.8] then I recommend trying again after DF starts getting regular updates. Which could be soon.

This player deserves special mention and attention due to great narration and play style (although he is using an old version and did not install DA:5 completely). He is using DFHack. Check out this fascinating +6 hour long series:

YouTube (HD): Dark Ages V - JusticePaint by Ic0n Gaming - (14 Episode Season)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 03:03:02 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube
« Reply #1336 on: April 24, 2023, 07:05:37 am »

What does wendigo do? I have 2 friendly wendigos after fighting with wendigos, one of my dwarf died and turned into friendly zombie corpse wendigo,

kei2349

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 27, 2023, 10:06:00 pm »

Hey I recently downloaded this mod and i think its causing my characters to lose their heads and body designs. is there any fix to this?
https://imgur.com/a/PW2TiQV

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 03, 2023, 05:00:33 am »

Any update incoming?:D

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

[50.08] (*) Cleaned out lingering data from autosaves and manual saves that could cause corruption if multiple worlds were active.

This bug caused grief since the Steam release in December, refunds, bad reviews, and many people (mistakenly) blamed it on Dark Ages V. Can any players confirm if they are still having trouble loading saved games or not?

0012018: Crash to Desktop on loading game during Loading Units phase:
https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12018

0012145: Game crashes on save after caravan leaves map:
https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12145
(Report: 2023-04-17 - 02:39 - Still not fixed in the current beta. Now the game hangs in "Offloading units" for longer than usual but still crashes nonetheless.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:51:33 pm by GM-X »

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 30, 2023, 03:23:26 pm »

Hey Gm-x,

I probably compiled few, maybe more than 10 mods INTO your mod in INSTALLED_MODS. Stonecrafting, more civs (btw, should i put those in entity_DA5 or entity_default_DA5)? I didn't see more civs, but they are under default entities. Should i carry them to EntityDA5?

If i make this compilation, should i make it in MODS folder, or INSTALLED_MODS? Can i send you your file with changes i made?

Wanted to have ability to craft 100 arrows/bolts using 4x material. Mods used BOLTS, co i carefully changed them to ARROWS. Started new game for it (altho i had really good fort, one of the best since i play, but i couldn't add these reactions i suppose...).

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/FilesDA5

Here is the link to changed files. My though is to just take from mods, what i want and ADD IT to RAW VANILLA FILES. ?1. Does it interfere with CUT_Entity?
?2 Also, what could possibly happen that i was able to make arrows at the start, but after some time... i cant. Totally do not uderstand that.
3. Do i need to cut those entities in DA5? Wanted to have them much more. So i tryed to use some othe mods.... 100% sure i added:
1. Stonecrafting
2. armed dwarves
3. Fortress Defense
4. More Arrows/Bolts(original is called more bolts)
5. Vanilla weapon overhaul - altho i am not sure about this one, it was probably loaded separetly, as it needs to be sorted. but not sure.
6. 2h handed weapons
7. Ability to craft many, many more weapons like whips and BOWS.

(my changes - item ammo.txt:
ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
[NAME:arrow:arrows]
[CLASS:ARROW]
[SIZE:15]
[ATTACK:EDGE:30:500:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:500]
   [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:2]

Yep i used a bit of cheating. But i am a fairly new player. Hard economy, hard enemies, I gave my dwarfs about 2k into attributes with almost no limit. Didn't last longer than 2 years, so i didn't meet a special threat. Also, i give some social skills to starting dwarfs, like 3 or 4rank archer/bowman for my first bowman. And some skills to my doctor. Been using much more cheating, next time i want to make attributes with 50k max values, but gave dwarfs maybe 1500 Att, couse i was also changed their personalities to match their role (not all of them, mostly soldiers).

Ach, and i also i always want to start near max enemies and on evil zone ( ?3? sinister mostly, it's easier huh? How big is the difference between them?

the biggest question is... How to combine mods properly?!  It kinda... keeps me captivated. Maybe i will start modding myself. Was thinking about making working compilation of mods. ;)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8]
« Reply #1341 on: May 31, 2023, 10:09:48 pm »

Hello again Viax, it looks like you are making some practical QoL mod combinations.

How to combine mods properly?!  It kinda... keeps me captivated. Maybe i will start modding myself. Was thinking about making working compilation of mods.

You are free to do so for personal use, but you may not include any part of the Dark Ages mod in publications you make. There are many reasons for this, like copy-protected images and text. Also vanilla DF is not stable enough to extensively test yet, let alone combine with untested mods in various states of development. This is a blending process that takes months or years of free time, changes with each patch, and I myself have to be in the zone with lots of free time to accomplish it.

I cannot offer modding advise on this release forum - but if you want to make plug-ins for Dark Ages 5 - that I can fully support. As long as they are well tested, they should be published on Steam and I will add them to the approved mod list here: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2902605069

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 02, 2023, 04:10:37 am »

Ofc i know about copyright and all of that, do not worry ;), It was mostly for my use only.

Honestly, the one thing that i really want to is to have more stack of ammo. Not 25, but 100 let's say. Could you help me somehow with that and only that?
Couse i noticed that most mods that adds new weapons, new entities and make same rebalance doesn't come off with errors. They mix pretty good.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 05, 2023, 03:34:53 pm »

Nightmare horse, got some thread from it, but i can't turn it into cloth/yarn/silk whatever. Also dwarfs do not stack it in stockpiles. Why ?

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 27, 2023, 11:10:42 am »

GM-X When will you add more races? :>

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1345 on: June 28, 2023, 02:50:19 pm »

Nightmare horse, got some thread from it, but i can't turn it into cloth/yarn/silk whatever. Also dwarfs do not stack it in stockpiles. Why ?
GM-X When will you add more races? :>

I will double check into what is happening with Nightmares, that is unexpected. Additional civilizations always put strain on world gen, and world gen changes every round of bug fixes. 

Meanwhile I've started up on adventure mode - the long work of updating menus and adding audio has begun!

50.09 New stuff
   (*) Updated to SDL2 and made many surrounding changes.  Various performance gains!
   (*) Experimental multithreading is available from game settings.

Some very welcome new features just released today. Adventure mode seems like it may not happen in 2023.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 03, 2023, 05:42:55 am »

So maybe 2 branches of mod - official one and second one with unbalanced races added? I am adding races from other mods, finally made it work without crash. Still, only wizards coming to my fort.

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 23, 2023, 09:18:47 pm »

when i go to load the mod it is saying 5.0.3 is downloaded but ive only downloaded this mod recently, is it just a text error and i do have 5.0.8?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1348 on: July 24, 2023, 03:41:30 pm »

when i go to load the mod it is saying 5.0.3 is downloaded but ive only downloaded this mod recently, is it just a text error and i do have 5.0.8?

If you are not running 5.0.8, Steam has done you wrong and you likely need to delete the old versions by hand and re-subscribe. Still unclear why this happens...

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 30, 2023, 10:23:09 am »

yea i fixed it by deleting the mod folder in data/installed_mods, it never updated past 5.0.3 for whatever reason even after multiple worlds. the folder in df/mods updated tho
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91