I'm glad to announce the first public release of a small project of mine, DwarfMockup.
This is a tool that offers a DF-like interface to quickly design blueprints reusable in QuickFort.
The features are :
- A Dwarf Fortress like interface - modes are switched with a single letter, enter to begin drawing an area, directional keys to expand, enter again to confirm
- Dig, channel, smooth, engrave orders,
- Rectangular (full or contour) or elliptic (full or contour), linear designations,
- Walls, fortifications and floors building,
- Basic items placement (doors, beds, ...),
- Stockpiles and adjust orders,
- Import .csv files from other sources,
- Multi-level designs - 15 levels, 256x256 tiles,
- Cut, copy, paste
- Quick peek at the above or below levels to align designs,
- Ghost image of the levels,
- User-configurable graphics packs (mot very user-friendly, though ! ) - Mayday is packaged by default,
- User-configurable fonts
Download the windows package at DFFD : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9654
Or browse the Ruby source on bitbucket : https://bitbucket.org/fredsen/dwarfmockup
All bug reports, suggestions, encouragements, donations (single malt whiskies are the only accepted currency) are welcome !
Edit 15.09.2014 : new version uploaded to fix the bug reported by Xeandra (thanks !)
Edit 02.02.2016 : another new version with lots of improvements : cut / copy / paste / import, lines, empty circles, walls & floors