Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tacticus  (Read 1867 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Tacticus
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:21:29 pm »

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

As according to Summoners Rulebook 32 of Edition 7 and Commander's Rulebook .15, also of edition 7, I summon a Knight to QED-i7 to gain control of the F.O.R.D. sector.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:37:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Tacticus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:19:02 pm »

Per the Campaign Manual, section 10, subsection 2 (Deployment of forces via air into an uncontested area), I airdrop a construction platoon on the resource node at Point Charlie in the C.H.E.V.Y. sector.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:41:52 pm »

A bold move, though I counter by combining my deployment phase with my production phase, as allowed in the 9th Mechanical Rulebook, to summon a Helicarrier from the Marvel Multidimensional expansion and use it to take control of the Usa nation, outlined in the USA Parody portion of the Nation Manual I, as a supplier state, as found in Production Manual 483, as well as its standing military, as according to the 12th Conqueror Mechanics rulebook.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:46:26 pm »

As per Section Seven, Paragraph Five of Bill's Body Works I form a lasting alliance with one player, in this case GentlemanRaptor.
As this is considered a minor action I am also allowed to make a full action, in this case using Campaign Manual, section 10, subsection 1 (Airdropping combat forces into uncontested areas) to deploy a standard Soviet VDV division (as outlined by Soviet Force Structure, Fifth Edition next to GentlemanRaptor's forces.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

((Are you going to add the rules to the OP, or should we just keep track separately?))
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:44 pm »

((Are you going to add the rules to the OP, or should we just keep track separately?))

(Tacticus is a game of chaos.  We have to try to remember them, and, if there is a contradiction, we have to argue it out as the dignified gentlemen that (in this thread, entirely due to the tone of the posts, as I see it at least) you play as.)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:54:12 pm »

((Got it. Sounds fun.))

Appreciate the help, Aseaheru. To complement this deployment, I am going to utilize the construction platoon, in my production phase, to build a Field HQ Mk.IV, which is listed on the Assembly Difficulty: Moderate table in the Battlefield Constructions supplement to the Campaign Manual.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »

((lolwut ptw))
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:04:13 pm »

Hmm.  Seems I am being harried by two sides.  No matter, as the Usa nation has an ability that allows me to deploy twice in its territory, if I choose to go there, as according to its entry.  I will use both to deploy two Jaegers from the Pacific Rim Expansion.

I will then use my production in both territories I own, the F.O.R.D. Sector and Usa, to construct a mass fabricator, from the Sci-Fi Technologies Manual IV in each, which will grant me an additional production in each.

I shall then deploy a Jaeger at each, the Helicarrier at the Usa, and the Knight at the F.O.R.D.  In addition, I will also fortify both territories borders with an equal distribution of the 24 infantry, 4 helicopter, 6 tank, and 8 jet platoons that were granted to me by my conquering of Usa in its manual.  I will hold the 4 special teams in reserve, as well as the 50 nuclear missiles.  I do enjoy all the bonuses that territory affords me.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:18 pm »

In which case, I am going to utilize the ability of the Field HQ Mk.IV to produce "adequate defenses and troops for a moderately sized area" as outlined in Battlefield Constructions. For the C.H.E.V.Y. Sector, since it is adjacent to a lasting ally's forces as outlined in Bill's Body Works, I can draw on the reserves of the nation whose troops are being used by said lasting ally. I deploy, using my Resource Point bonus, the Apocalypse Tank Prototype (see the Soviet Superscience expansion to Soviet Force Structure, Fifth Edition) along with 12 infantry platoons, 4 tank platoons, 3 fighter squadrons, and 2 AA platoons. All aforesaid platoons, except the jets, are dug in to Level 3 of 5, again per Battlefield Constructions.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:40:21 pm by GentlemanRaptor »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 09:41:03 pm »

In which case, I am going to utilize the ability of the Field HQ Mk.IV to produce "adequate defenses and troops for a moderately sized area" as outlined in Battlefield Constructions. For the C.H.E.V.Y. Sector, since it is adjacent to a lasting ally's forces as outlined in Bill's Body Works, I can draw on the reserves of the nation whose troops are being used by said lasting ally. I deploy, using my Resource Point bonus, the Apocalypse Tank Prototype (see the Soviet Superscience expansion to Soviet Force Structure, Fifth Edition) along with 12 infantry platoons, 4 tank platoons, 3 fighter squadrons, and 2 AA platoons. All aforesaid platoons are dug in to Level 3 of 5, again per Battlefield Constructions.

As I recall from Core Manual I, are you not only able to produce a single super-unit or platoon for each resource point?  The vast armies I have were the bonus from gaining control of the Usa nation.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

That may be correct. In which case, I will restrict the production for the moment to the Apocalypse Prototype, and have the others produce on a turn delay starting with the infantry.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »

Well, I feel that another player wouldn't be remiss in this game, so I enter as the Elemental Faction from the Fire And Ice: Magic expansion pack and set my connection to Fire, giving me lowered movement over water but more powerful overall military strength and increased Production for all city states.
Upon this I construct two element catalysts, giving me free construction of one elemental based on my connection per turn.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 11:26:59 pm »

((Just waiting for someone to screw the rules and summon 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons in one turn.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 11:50:30 pm »

[[Oooh, I remember there being an older version of this somewhere in the Hall of Legends]]

* Arcvasti initiates OMNIPTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling