Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wanted: International post cards  (Read 3366 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Wanted: International post cards
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:04 am »

For a real-life game I'm working on, I'd like all participants to receive a post card from a different country. Most of these are already taken care of, but I'm out of overseas acquaintances and I need at least 2 more cards. So naturally, I thought of you. If you don't mind sending a post card to some random person in Belgium, just reply with your country of residence. I'll then PM you with a destination address.
I have cards from America, Australia, Vietnam, Finland, Namibia, South-Africa and the Netherlands already, so I'd prefer different countries. If I have the luxury of choice, I'll go for the most interesting locations and the more active1 members, so feel free to post more than 2 offers.
This is of course not a charity, I'll reward the senders with a steam game of around $5, or something similar, of their choosing. That should at least pay back the costs.

1Please don't take this personal. I'd prefer to give real-life addresses to people I can trust, more or less.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: International post cards
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:20:45 am »

If you can wait till next year, I can send you one from Poland. No refund or gratification needed.
What sort of cards, though? Christmas-themed, featuring local architecture, anything whatsoever?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:18:40 pm »

In the beginning of Jan, I can send a postcard from Hong Kong or Guangdong, China.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 05:02:56 pm »

The start of next year would be great! So would Poland and China... Any kind of card will do, it just needs the text "Greetings from [country]", in print or written.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:40:22 am »

Just curious: What kind of game is it?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 03:23:40 am »

The Mole.

As part of the game, players must find the Mole in their midst. The post cards from all over the world act as a teaser and hint that the Mole is a frequent traveller, if the players are able to link the cards to the game.
*WHACK*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:22 am »

The start of next year would be great! So would Poland and China... Any kind of card will do, it just needs the text "Greetings from [country]", in print or written.
Will do. Just PM us the address sometime between now and then and it'll be in the post first thing in January.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

Want one from Scotland?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:30:30 pm »

More is never a bad thing :) I sent addresses to everyone, and let me know what game you want! I can also send a card back from rainy, boring Belgium if you want...
*WHACK*

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 03:52:16 pm »

I could send one from Cologne/Bonn, if you like. Either a nice one or one of those cliché ones with the whole city flattened except for the cathedral...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 03:57:54 pm »

I can send you one from Russia.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 03:59:10 pm »

Hey, we could start up the Bay12 postcard club independently of the OP!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 04:00:35 pm »

Hey, we could start up the Bay12 postcard club independently of the OP!

And what are we doing there, exactly? Exchange postcards, right? That's... nice.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »

Well, in the end each participant would have postcards from people all over the world, which is kinda neat, in a certain way.
The Bay12 postcard club

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 04:08:45 pm »

Well, in the end each participant would have postcards from people all over the world, which is kinda neat, in a certain way.

* Comrade P. evaluates postage costs
* Comrade P. evaluates time needed

I could do that.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:17:25 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: [1] 2