Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Silk Eggs 50.04  (Read 15619 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kazoo's silk eggs
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 02:49:20 pm »

=snip=
Any ideas why this is happening? I've done some manual merging of raws, but after half a dozen passes to ensure that the information from this mod made its way into the merged files I have no idea why it keeps spitting out these errors.

• material_template_default matches the file kazoo provided.
  • creature_kazoo is present.
  • reaction_kazoo is present.
  • All three of the above files match the download.

(I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, every time an idea dawns on me I check it and post the results.)

Each repetition is one world-gen or arena loading. The errorlog isn't refreshed. The skill token errors are because the right skill token for weaving is WEAVING, not WEAVER. Change [SKILL:WEAVER] to [SKILL:WEAVING] in reaction_kazoo (although perhaps SPINNING  might be intended). As far as the tissues I have no idea, my giant spider eggs have yolks.

It's WEAVING not WEAVER but it's TANNER not TANNING and GLASSMAKER not GLASSMAKING. Wth, toady? It's not PLANTING or SMELTING but PLANT and SMELT, and even though POT would be great it's POTTERY not POTTERING or POTTING or POTTER.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kazoo's silk eggs
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 07:23:40 pm »

Ah, well that's that sorted at least. My thanks to ye, Agent_Irons.

Kazoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kazoo's Silk Eggs 42.05
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 08:19:58 am »

Updated for 42.05

Any issues, please let me know.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kazoo's Silk Eggs 42.05
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 07:37:18 am »

Hi, sorry to raise this topic again but as to the topic, i think i've found a nicer way to work out the OP's egg reaction based from my own modding experiments. Id been playing around with elves and used the enclosed code in order to generate feather wood, though i've had it suggested to me this could be erroring silently, the enclosed code does still work with no additional problems, and returns logs in tune with how many eggs (recieving way too many logs on my first try) are in the stack which might just be due to me calibrating the egg reagent badly, or maybe i need to set it to 2 or five per log (10 or 4 logs in a 20 egg stack).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However the enclosed below is a revision applying the two principles in order to get around the globular problem and draw thread directly from the eggs (my thread propotions i have set to 150 this might be wrong, but egg stacks produce a lot of thread anyway, set back to 1 if you need it or change the input of egg reagent)

Proposed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So it *should* pull out the silk material from the unusual eggs like desired in the single reaction by drawing upon the reaction class explicitly to differentiate them from creature eggs in general. Relevant to 44.12 standards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:42:06 am by FantasticDorf »

Kazoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silk Eggs 50.04
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 03:54:23 pm »

Updated for steam version.

Still testing this so feedback is appreciated.

Eggs are no longer proportionate due to various reasons, but I think the new way of working is reasonable balance wise.

PetMudstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Damned Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2023, 01:58:05 pm »

I mentioned this on the Steam Workshop page, but the mod doesn't work due to a variety of errors in raws. However, I was able to tinker everything into functioning and successfully tested the mod in a quick world I made. I shall elaborate on what needs to be done to properly get everything working below.

Firstly, creature_silkegg.txt has object token set as [OBJECT_CREATURE] when it should be [OBJECT:CREATURE]. This means the actual contents of the file don't get loaded in the first place.

After fixing that, the creatures don't have materials properly set for them so the game throws errors. This also means that eggs aren't actually made of silk and so won't be used in the accompanying reaction. I fixed this by putting the following tokens under the relevant creatures.
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EGG_WHITE:EGG_WHITE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EGG_YOLK:EGG_YOLK_TEMPLATE]

Note: Giant cave spiders and giant brown recluses already have silk so you don't need to define it again.

Finally, in reaction_silkegg.txt the SKILL token tries to use the nonexistent SPINNING skill where it should use SPINNER.

After all those changes (and modding GCS to be dwarf pets) I was able to have silk eggs spun into thread.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:01:34 pm by PetMudstone »

Kazoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2023, 09:47:03 am »

Thanks mate, I made the changes and have reuploaded it. Fully tested and working.
Pages: 1 [2]