Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5859080 times)

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14280 on: July 02, 2011, 08:26:23 am »

just hold off a massive invasion force consist of elves, Naga's, wolfman, frogman and other kind of weird ass monster I cant remember.

(I am using the Fortress Defense Mod)

I think there was a total of almost 100+ enemies outside of the Fortress area.

got about 2 squad of legendary swordsdwarf and a squad of legendery archer.

When they clash right at the fortress gate, it was like an explosion of blood and guts everywhere.

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: July 02, 2011, 09:10:42 am »

Another siege, this time some weird monster named "Master" was among them which was described as some animal twisted into a human shape.
Made a shitload of prisoners again, time to build a pit.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: July 02, 2011, 09:13:21 am »

The first sentence to the beginning of a very bad day for the goblin air force.

"The Giant Bat gives in to pain."

*splat*

EDIT: Oddly enough though the giant bat that had it's lower spine shot out is still flying fine...it's just...lying down while it does it?  Is it flying upside down or something?

EDIT2: Goblins dodging bolts while on the back of their flying mounts are funny.  They basically jump off of their mounts to their deaths, this one just dodged off of his mount on his way to the walls while flying over my "dodge this!" deathpit.  He added a good 6 z-levels to the fall and exploded.

Congrats, that "Master" may have been the goblin's civilizations leader.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:19:37 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: July 02, 2011, 09:54:51 am »

And Failurecosmos has died the FPS death, ugh. Managed to get four years, 92 dwarves, 5 artifacts, and almost enough booze before I threw up my hands, though, so pretty good I think.

I'm going to see if I can make a last-of-the-dwarves embark!

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: July 02, 2011, 09:55:11 am »

Congrats, that "Master" may have been the goblin's civilizations leader.

Too bad he ran away. :-[
I forgot to install a grate in my drowning system and he just slipped out.

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: July 02, 2011, 10:03:07 am »

Had an encounter with a forgotten beast a while ago.  Its extract caused dwarves to pass out, but no permanent damage - those that happened to walk over it usually were carried to the hospital, spent a few days there, then got up and walked out unharmed.

However, one of my military dwarves took a shot of extract full-on.  His health page said that he was unable to breathe, so I was fully expecting him to suffocate soon and didn't spend too much time worrying about him.  But he's still taking up a bed in my hospital, unconscious and unable to rest.  Looking at his health history page, he was first brought to bed nine months ago.

I had attempted to get him to rest by deconstructing his bed and getting him moved to a new one, but as soon as he was placed in bed the second time I get the message Urist McWounded cancels rest: Interrupted by Forgotten Beast.  I look at his inventory and see several pages of forgotten beast extract covering him.  Of course, because he's not resting no dwarf will clean him, though they seem to be feeding and watering him regularly.

According to his health status, he's paralyzed, winded, cannot breathe, and just about every part of his body is rotten or swollen with blood, but he's ecstatic. 

I'm imagining this bloated, wheezing dwarf laying in bed, smiling at the ceiling with glassy eyes, unable to move but high on FB extract.

Since he hasn't suffocated to death in nine months I'm working on irrigating my hospital in the hopes of getting him clean and back on his feet at some point.

Laughing Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: July 02, 2011, 11:10:01 am »

Just killed my first dragon!  Thing showed up at the edge of the map, and immediately rushed the kittens frolicking outside, spewing fire everywhere.  Needless to say, my first response is to get my archers positioned.  Apparently, crossbows are the dwarven equivalent of Barrett anti-materiel rifles, because the first shot nailed it in the heart and caused it to fall unconscious, spewing dragon blood everywhere.  Before the archer squad could shoot it again, it expired from massive blood loss.

Upon the dragon's death, investigators were sent to determine the owner of the bolt, to determine whose honor the party would be thrown in.  It was discovered that it belonged to a freshly recruited fish cleaner, who had never fired a crossbow before in his life.  He was immediately sent to the firing range for practice, and the party was cancelled.

I hope you at least gave hims a very nice bedroom.
In the shape of a horseshoe.

Or a heart.
My multiple named Elite Marksdorfs are too embarrassed to even consider rewarding him.  He IS next in line for a promotion, of course, once he gets some training in.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: July 02, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »

Had an encounter with a forgotten beast a while ago.  Its extract caused dwarves to pass out, but no permanent damage - those that happened to walk over it usually were carried to the hospital, spent a few days there, then got up and walked out unharmed.

However, one of my military dwarves took a shot of extract full-on.  His health page said that he was unable to breathe, so I was fully expecting him to suffocate soon and didn't spend too much time worrying about him.  But he's still taking up a bed in my hospital, unconscious and unable to rest.  Looking at his health history page, he was first brought to bed nine months ago.

I had attempted to get him to rest by deconstructing his bed and getting him moved to a new one, but as soon as he was placed in bed the second time I get the message Urist McWounded cancels rest: Interrupted by Forgotten Beast.  I look at his inventory and see several pages of forgotten beast extract covering him.  Of course, because he's not resting no dwarf will clean him, though they seem to be feeding and watering him regularly.

According to his health status, he's paralyzed, winded, cannot breathe, and just about every part of his body is rotten or swollen with blood, but he's ecstatic. 

I'm imagining this bloated, wheezing dwarf laying in bed, smiling at the ceiling with glassy eyes, unable to move but high on FB extract.

Since he hasn't suffocated to death in nine months I'm working on irrigating my hospital in the hopes of getting him clean and back on his feet at some point.

Congratulations, you've just met Papa Nurgle.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: July 02, 2011, 04:47:39 pm »

In the first two hard-scripted migrant waves, I only got 7 dorfs total. I'm at a grand total of 14. The RNG has taken a massive turd on my lawn.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: July 02, 2011, 04:49:19 pm »

Wallarches has Kimberlite in its caverns! I'm figuring out how to get to the diamond deposits without any casualties from GCSs. So far, no enormous, web-spinning beast has found me yet, nor have any been seen on the visible cavern map. I guess I'm safe until a FB comes blundering about.

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: July 02, 2011, 05:04:49 pm »

Built a 22 levels deep pit right into the first cavern, of course secured with a hatch cover.
It's a nice pile of troll and goblin body parts down there now.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: July 02, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »

You didn't have any cage traps, did you?
Nope I was fixing a slight stair problem and my carpenter was busy mass producing barrels.However, I will have my vengance.I had a flood of army migrants so now I have real manly army dwarves to use with my mass produced copper mail and short swords.Also a single macedwarf whom I handed a silver mace. Those mandrills/gorillas/siamangs better be ready for angersquashed's army of ruthless killers!
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: July 02, 2011, 06:58:31 pm »

Currently happening in my fort:

I have constructed the safe-wall and the outer side of the ring. The doors to the volcano have been attached to a lever; so have the clearing doors. Now comes the annoying part - attaching all of the hatches to individual levers, since I'd like to have control of where the lava is dropping.

Otherwise, everything's going fine (but slowly; my computer's beginning to fail). I've figured out how to do an obsidian farm on the glacier (although it has the problem of not being able to clear magma quickly). Once the magma drop is done, I plan on working my way down to the first cavern and walling it off, rinse repeat for the other two caverns, and then invading and colonizing hell. Should be fun.
=Uncool-

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: July 02, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

Just finished my militia's Danger Room.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:03 am »

What on earth?

As soon as this dwarven liaison arrives, one of the hammer dwarves accompanying it fought with a macaque and injected it with aspid saliva (genesis mod). I zoom over to the location and discover that he seems to have killed it, so I get back to other issues when I am greeted by these two purple messages:

Atis Kikrostgomath, bone carver has bled to death

Mebzuth Narber, animal trainer has bled to death

(I'm reading this from the announcements page, hence why I know their names)

Wondering what caused this, since there wasn't anything in the 'r'eport, I go to the surface and discover

HALF MY FREAKING FOREST IS ON FIRE!

Heres a picture of it: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/picture1vl.jpg/

Would someone mind telling me what the hell happened? Did the Aspid saliva get near the rum or something?  And could someone tell me how to keep my dorfs inside and away from a fiery death?

EDIT: DEAR GOD THERE'S FIRE EVERYWHERE! four more dorfs ran straight into the fire and bled to death, bringing my population down to 19 dorfs. No! Don't do it Urist mcwoodcutter, it's just one tree!!!

EDIT2: the same dwarf that fought the macaque is now trailing blood from her melted head all the way through my corridor.

EDIT3: The  fire has left, and the whole surface is covered in ashes. Thankfully nobody else was killed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:14:02 am by LordExumius »
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 3836