Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 72448 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 3: Oops, He Did It Again!
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2015, 11:43:06 am »

Shakerag, do you always come back to life, or only when you kill yourself?
Oy.  A girl's got to have some secrets.

Shakerag: Fudge off. :P
no u

Shakerag has come back to life!

Shakerag has committed suicide again. Seriously, Shakerag?
Also I somewhat feel like we're playing with one o' yer 'get to act when dead' roles but useless when alive -.- But that's me being biased from having seen such a role before, but forgot what game (...Urist Imiknorris was in it...). And the fact that you can self-suicide.
With either replicas of the one shot, or some kind of auto or whatever.

And I'm rambling and must tend to get my post back instead.
Is there a question in all of that?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »

Lenglon: I'm referring to his lynch-forcing ability he freely admits to have used.  Unless it's not one-shot (which I kinda doubt), his burning it D1 strikes me as... odd, to say the least.  Such an ability would be incredibly useful if saved for later in the game...  But on the flip side, as I stated, such an ability would be extremely powerful, for any alignment, if saved... hmm...
I shake my head a couple times, then begin drawing in the dirt once more, drawing much more than in the past:
Quote from: Me
lynch control unchange rand%chance. kill change -> kill save. lynch use -> may die. odds++ because randkill avoid selfconfirm. less targets.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2015, 12:13:22 pm »

lynch control unchange rand%chance. kill change -> kill save. lynch use -> may die. odds++ because randkill avoid selfconfirm. less targets.
I'm going to murder whoever came up with this posting restriction.
I have no idea what you're saying here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2015, 12:19:28 pm »

Secondly, there is at least one medium in the game. 
Sorry about the double post, I was meaning to comment on this earlier.

I had my suspicions this was so after NQT flipped, because being able to inspect someone after you die didn't seem very useful.

Oh, and dickbag flabort said in deadchat that he did use his converter ability, but didn't say on who.
I'm not surprised, you'd think he would use that immediately...

Also webadict said that my full flip will not show up for the "duration of the cycle".  So that'll happen N3 or D4 or something.
I had to confirm with Wuba the definition of a cycle earlier, so I can explain.  One cycle is too adjacent phases, be they day-night, two days, or two nights.

Shakerag, do you always come back to life, or only when you kill yourself?
Deus Asmoth, I have never seen such blatant rolefishing in my life.  Well, maybe I have, but... ANYWAY.  Why do you think he would have answered that?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2015, 12:53:07 pm »

I underline some of what I previously drew:
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2015, 01:43:10 pm »

Might as well tell you that I'm the medium. More of a small, really. In any case, the only semi-interesting deadchat shenanigans has been Jack saying that he and OSG were on the same scumteam and NQT confirming that he was trying to get people to think he was a jester.

PPE: Mask: I wouldn't consider it rolefishing to ask about a known part of someone's role.

Lenglon: Yes or no, you think Cheeetar has a kill in addition to his vote altering power.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2015, 01:58:51 pm »

Whoever/whatever killed me: Bah.

The Others: Thanks for not killing me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2015, 02:01:08 pm »

Lenglon: Yes or no, you think Cheeetar has a kill in addition to his vote altering power.
I shake my head from side to side.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2015, 04:31:25 pm »

PPE: Mask: I wouldn't consider it rolefishing to ask about a known part of someone's role.
So you don't think that trying to extract from someone how to kill them is rolefishing?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm BMC's replacement. This is my first BYOR so forgive me if I'm not as savvy as the rest of you in regards to the weird roles that pop up and if you want to use an example from a previous BYOR link it. Don't assume I'll have even a rough idea of what you say and I'll likely disregard it, as you can easily twist it to your own ends without being false.

Cheetar:
Oh, nevermind, he got replaced. Comrade Shakerock: What do you think of the player you replaced's first day- do you agree with his suspicions?
Who are you talking to? Shake-rock? Just type, CS. It's shorter and less prone to error (humorous though they may be).

OSG vote - Irrelevant I skimmed the thread and knew he was mafia before I read anything regarding suspicions so this affects everything I read and my view on them. Also OSG was acting like an idiot, frustration may have played into it more than anything. (I read the OP and looked at his reveal, before anyone accuses me of arrogance).
Shakerag - Don't share it. Shakerag claimed "psuedo-miller" before he was voted with any seriousness. I'd be more inclined to share the suspicions if Shakerag had claimed this after a vote or invest (real or perceived). However this was the whole basis of his suspicions and is
quite shaky. I find the suiciding peculiar but I haven't noticed anything malignant.

Does this answer your question?

Lenglon:
I wake up, stretch, ready myself for the day, and come walk over to the group that is talking. I then limply get out my knife and gesture vaguely in Shamrock's direction, and put it away again.
Care to explain? Any smidgen at all? Or at least link back to your post where you previously laid out your thoughts?

I'll try and get more active tomorrow but now it is almost 23:00 and I want some rest.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

Lenglon:
I wake up, stretch, ready myself for the day, and come walk over to the group that is talking. I then limply get out my knife and gesture vaguely in Shamrock's direction, and put it away again.
Care to explain? Any smidgen at all? Or at least link back to your post where you previously laid out your thoughts?
I wander over to CS and draw three letters in the dirt before him:
Quote from: me
BMC

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:29 pm »

Oh...

Oh dear Shamrock

This is a tad concerning.

I prowl over to BMC and tap him on the shoulder, pulling out my phone:
OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation, whereas you've had suspicions and questions the whole time. And are you sure it'll show up as them having two votes? Not playing is the biggest tell there is.

Shakerag:
I then play back three specific sound bytes yet again.
OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation,
Not playing is the biggest tell there is.
Shakerag
After this, I pull a knife off my belt and point it at BMC, maintaining eye contact with him with my eyes narrowed.

This is, I believe, the post in question that Lenglon is basing his case off of (although I'm probably wrong).

Despite railing against OSG and his behavior, declariing it "the biggest tell there is", BMC voted Shakerag.

And guess what OSG turned out to be...

I know you can't really explain your predecessors actions, but this... this is too concerning for me not to vote.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2015, 05:46:32 pm »

Mask: no more so than people asking about the nature of Lenglon's post restriction, to be honest. Dying and reviving every day seems interesting to me, so I figured I might as well ask about it.

Lenglon, is there a limit to how much detail you can go into in your sand scribbles? I still can't understand this
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2015, 06:31:33 pm »

Lenglon: Is the attempt with your explanation here to defend my action?
If so: Please don't worry about it. I can defend my own action (guys- my action was great, it killed a scum.)

Why did you pick me to use your investigatory-ish action on, and why claim that you have one without a scum result, ToonyMan?
Why you ask? I'm not sharing, and I have multiple reasons for telling everybody, which I'm not sharing either.

Why do you ask that I ask?

I'm asking because I figured that telling everyone I was gonna kill someone and then killing someone and it turning out to be scum would gain me some measure of goodwill in that people wouldn't feel the need to investigate me. Also, claiming an investigator to share a town result is kinda useless. It reads like you just want to claim you have some sorta investigatory stuff, and you haven't told us if you got any investigative results Night 1.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:56 pm »

Lenglon, is there a limit to how much detail you can go into in your sand scribbles? I still can't understand this
I look at Deus for a while, then draw once again in the dirt. I work very slowly, pausing often and glancing up and at Deus repeatedly before continuing. once I'm done, the result is:
Controlled lynches don't change the chance of hitting scum at different times with lynch. kills do because they are timed between lynches. controlled lynches are slightly better than normal ones because the user can selfconfirm, so fewer targets to miss and not hit scum. it is normal to control lynches early in case of user death but use 1-shot kills late after information is out. exception if user has investigate powers.
I then retreat to the edge of the group and avoid eye contact, and if I notice someone staring at me I move to put someone or something between us.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41