Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Savage Lands IC: First Death!  (Read 22382 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Savage Lands IC: First Death!
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2015, 02:52:49 pm »

"Hey hippoguy. . . . Impomo?. . . . Epona! There we go. . .  Umm. . . I need your help. . .  we need To merge to save a friend who died, and then we need to find a way down that hole to save a friend who might be down there. . . . I think."
Fuse if we can, and then look for a rope, or rope like thing (vines turned into a rope) to climb down the hole with.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »

Bring stuff from the hole back to camp. Determine what the secrets were.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2015, 01:33:55 pm »

Why did we take the eggs? What if the mother of the eggs is sapient?

Because we don't have any food.  Not my concern!

"Fluffy, let's finish this up.

Get Fluffy to help me finish clearing out the hut.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »

((When I put you name in brackets its because you didnt post your character name in the action post and I can't remember your character's name off the top of my head)

"Hey hippoguy. . . . Impomo?. . . . Epona! There we go. . .  Umm. . . I need your help. . .  we need To merge to save a friend who died, and then we need to find a way down that hole to save a friend who might be down there. . . . I think."
Fuse if we can, and then look for a rope, or rope like thing (vines turned into a rope) to climb down the hole with.

(AF) With no one else to help you, you cannot make a new body for Hira. Her spirit lingers and yearns for a new body. (12+1) You make a rope of vines long enough to get down to [Yourmaster]. Its surprisingly sturdy, probably due to the dangerous nature of the area.

Bring stuff from the hole back to camp. Determine what the secrets were.

(9) You take a couple of the pick axes back to camp, but as you cross the river you drop most of them in. You managed to hold onto two of them though. (13+5) The illumination caused by the fireflies made everything easier to see, both day and night. Increased perception while outside. (14+5) A giant chicken is rampaging in the distance. As a result, many smaller monsters have been stirred up.

Why did we take the eggs? What if the mother of the eggs is sapient?

Because we don't have any food.  Not my concern!

"Fluffy, let's finish this up.

Get Fluffy to help me finish clearing out the hut.

(20) While the hut was already completely habitable and only had a few spiders in it, that wasn't enough for you. You and Fluffy chase out every single spider, except one. The biggest, meanest, nastiest, spittiest, and pissed-off-iest spider still remains. It stares you and the golem down, ready to pounce. Its not going anywhere. You and Fluffy slam down your weapons on where the spider was just a second ago, but it dodged just in time. However, you lose track of it as part of the floor collapses. You and fluffly punched a hole in the ground! In the hut! Stairs descend downwards into the earth and lanterns with glowing crystals in them can be seen bellow. It seems you have discovered an abandoned mineshaft. You can hear [Yourmaster] not far off and he climbs the steps up into the hut. You're not sure, but you think you see something large skittering in the darkness.

Everyone has now returned to camp and you all eat before nightfall. Your meal is giant egg cooked in shell over a fire. While not a common technique, it is effective a delicious. Discussion of the days gone by and the future ahead goes on long into the night. (6) Those still awake hear strange noises below. (3) And those noises get louder! (4) Until a giant centipede the size of a human slithers out of the hole! It makes an awful insectoid roaring noise and prepares to strike (16) It narrowly misses [Toaster]! (Bonus fight: happens in addition to, but before, the daily actions. )
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:48 pm »

Hearing the loud and rather frkightening noise after sleeping in the hole with [yourmaster], i take him and,Take him and carry him up the vines, and take them with me to go back to camp.
Surely we will be safe there.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2015, 07:54:56 pm »

"We're. I got all this cool stuff. Can i get some help?"
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:04 pm »

Retro-active note: I did not eat the eggs last night, and instead ate something else, due to knowing that there is a rampaging giant chicken roaming about.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Determine the centipede's weaknesses and shout them to the rest of the group, giving them bonuses on their attack rolls.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:17:29 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:14 pm »

A҉l̢i̢͠͏ŗ̴ícḩ͘ǫ̴͡t̵̀z̨͠thl͢e͡h͏̛ charges the centipede with his distaff, trying to drive it through the thing's eyes. During this, A҉l̢i̢͠͏ŗ̴ícḩ͘ǫ̴͡t̵̀z̨͠thl͢e͡h͏̛ has his mouth open, trying to dazzle the beast with the light of his glowing mouth.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:49:47 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »

Willis laughed.  "A centipede is just like a fish, right?"

Have spear, will stab centipede.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2015, 05:29:48 am »

Has spear and spearfighting skill, will stab centipede slightly better than previous guy.

Tirrus looked exceptionally unhappy to be losing sleep, and puts extra thrust into his blows as revenge.
Nom nom nom

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2015, 06:04:30 am »

Hira continues to try to communicate with the others, to make her a new body.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2015, 06:05:18 am »

Grabs a big stick to wack the beast as I fling rocks at it with my tail
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:10:46 pm by zomara0292 »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »

(Due to you having a safe entrance to the mine, I moved all players back to the hut. The hole and the stairs connect to the same mining cavern do I just moved the two in the hole back to the hut so they didn't sleep in a hole. If that effects your action, go ahead and change it).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2015, 05:27:25 pm »

Retro-active note: I did not eat the eggs last night, and instead ate something else, due to knowing that there is a rampaging giant chicken roaming about.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Determine the centipede's weaknesses and shout them to the rest of the group, giving them bonuses on their attack rolls.

(9+5) "Quick, try to hit it's underside. The top is heavily armored."

A҉l̢i̢͠͏ŗ̴ícḩ͘ǫ̴͡t̵̀z̨͠thl͢e͡h͏̛ charges the centipede with his distaff, trying to drive it through the thing's eyes. During this, A҉l̢i̢͠͏ŗ̴ícḩ͘ǫ̴͡t̵̀z̨͠thl͢e͡h͏̛ has his mouth open, trying to dazzle the beast with the light of his glowing mouth.

(12+2) You mange to bit it fairly hard in one of its eyes blinding it in that eye (19+2) You summon up energy from within yourself and let out a mighty belch. Dazling spores of various colors shoot out of your mouth. They taste awful, but surprise the shit out of the beast (and you and everyone else).

Willis laughed.  "A centipede is just like a fish, right?"

Have spear, will stab centipede.

You take a moment to really appreciate how much fishing has thought you. Patients, tenacity, and how to stab everything with a spear. Life is just like fishing. (14+2) You stab it through the side under its heavy top carapace. Your spear sinks deeply into the wriggling beast.

Has spear and spearfighting skill, will stab centipede slightly better than previous guy.

Tirrus looked exceptionally unhappy to be losing sleep, and puts extra thrust into his blows as revenge.
(17+2+2) Your rage is indescribable. This fucking monster interrupted your much needed sleep. It will pay. It will pay dearly. You jump into the air and slam your spear into the beast with the full weight of your body. You emit a throaty war scream as you do. You are truely a sight to behold. 

Hira continues to try to communicate with the others, to make her a new body.

You tell your friends to please make you a body again. (2) You feel something else nearby. A dark and hungry spirit. It is hunting.

Grabs a big stick to wack the beast as I fling rocks at it with my tail
(7+2) You grab a stick and whack it a few times and (9+2) sling a few rocks. Most of which bounce off the thick armro, but some strike true.

The beast has been slain. After getting mercilessly wailed upon by the whole tribe, at some point, it's spirit was released. It's spirit floated down into the cavern and a dark encroaching mist enveloped it. The most bonechilling feeling comes over you as you see the centipede's spirit writhe and be devoured by the black mist spirit.

It is now day.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2015, 05:54:52 pm »

Zomara slowly and meekly holds up his index finger as he shrinks back, slouching  down in fear of the man who bellowed savagely with is spear, and, within seconds was covered in the icur of the beast he tried so hard just to dent.
"Turrin. . . . Please fuse with me."cough

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12