Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 217560 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #660 on: August 05, 2015, 03:19:10 am »

The Prohibition
It has come to High Command's attention that there is quite a bit of money to be made selling alcohol to United States "tourists" who buy Arak from Moskurg or Vodka from Arstotzka by the crate. Both nations could easily earn an expense credit this way, but High Command would like your vote on whether do so.

War Heroes
The Nation to post the best propaganda about a war hero before the 1926 battle report will receive that hero in their army, and a bonus to their performance. The War Hero's position (infantry, air force, armor or navy) will determine the nature of your bonus. Apocryphal claims to skill will not disqualify your War Hero, but they might not be able to literally live up to propaganda about them wrestling a submarine to death.

The War Museum
This year I'll start pruning Obsolete weapons from army lists to decrease the character count of my posts. These weapons and their technologies are still available to you if you need them for whatever reason. When I get around to it, I might add these to the OP, depending on how many characters I have left there (I suppose I should have reserved a couple posts).

Rebel Activity
The rebels are quiet in Arstotzka. In Moskurg, the fliers continue to appear.

1925 Battle Report

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:

This year, Moskurg developed the MK-47, a battle rifle using the same rounds as their Model 1 Service Rifle. It ended up heavier than intended, inaccurate and not belt fed. It's cheap, though, so it will get used by some soldiers who can't get a Brumby. They also built the B2 Destroyer, a big artillery piece firing 4-inch rounds which can out-range the AS-1912. They revised their Wasp too, adding retractable landing gear to improve its aerodynamics. Arstotzka designed the impressive T25 tank, with a monster fuel-injected, turbocharged engine that proved too difficult to produce more than one prototype this year.

The war in the air hasn't changed much since last year. Wasps are somewhat more stable now, and perform better in general, but the AS-DB-HF-23 is still a little better. AS-HF-24's give Arstotzka an edge as well and no longer suffers from fuel injector woes. Arstotzka retains a general advantage, and their dive bombers thus get more ground kills than Moskurg Model 2 Hornets. Andrei Zhuyev performs a stunt where he gets out of the seat of his HF-24 in flight, and walks from the end of one wing to the other to demonstrate how stable the plane his. The plane rolls and he falls off, and High Command reassigns him to dish washing for a whole month before giving him a new plane.

In the desert, the T2 Breaker push continues. AS-T15 production is officially ceased. The most important fights continue to be those of T2's versus AS-MV21's, where the T2 has the advantage. Arstotzka's motorcycles take a significant increase in casualties after Moskurg's cavalry adopts the MK-47, but overall the better range of the bike-mounted AS-1910's still means they perform well- their biggest flaw is that they cannot shoot behind themselves, so tend to end up at close range not long in to battles. AS-MV21's of course continue to mop the floor with Struunks, and the biggest threat to Moskurg heavy armor is aircraft (pintle mounted Brumbies aren't that effective at stopping fast dive bombers, unless they miss their bombing run). Moskurg gains the desert (4/4). In the last month of the year initial skirmishes on the plains begin. Long-ranged but poorly mobile B2 Destroyer artillery is hauled to within range of the trenches by tiger trucks, where they rain radio-targeted death on anything stationary above ground level, forcing Arstotzkan troops to keep their armor on the move and their autocannons and AS-1910's poking out of trenches. T2 Tanks can roll with impunity from anything except a good AS-1912 artillery hit or a rather luck AS-1911 shell and cross trenches. Moskurg troops make some attempts to storm trenches with MK-47's, but the heavy weapon is ill suited to CQC. Moskurg troops continue to fight in their trenches with sidearms, and Cascades when they can get them.

In the mountains, Moskurg troops prefer the Brumby to the MK-47 for its accuracy, even though it is less mobile. It doesn't stop Arstotzka's momentum, and Arstotzka gains ground (3/4).

In the jungle, Moskurg makes use of their new MK-47 and B2 Destroyer. The Destroyer is a good way to hit Arstotzkan fortifications from further away than SPATs, but it lacks mobility for easy jungle use. The MK-47 is sort of at home here, it benefits some situations where it can be easier fired on the move compared to the Brumby, but general lack of accuracy hurts it here- it doesn't displace a lot of Model 1 Service Rifles. Arstotzka still has the camouflage advantage, and chooses medium to long range fights. Nobody gains ground (2/2).

In the streets of Moskurg, Agent Promised Crucible tracks Agent Sandworm down. After a brief gun/fruit battle, Sandworm escapes, this time not losing stolen plans to the AS-1911 Mortar.

You may now begin designing for 1926.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:37:24 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:30 am »

...Is there a reason the AS-T25 Tank is in the Moskurg stuff section? Not that I'm objecting to a free tank...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 05, 2015, 03:54:40 am »

Who got the expense credit from military surplus stuff?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 05, 2015, 03:55:57 am »

Real bummed on the shit rolls we got for our revision. We were spuposed to counter your tank THIS year, not next year :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:28 am »

...Is there a reason the AS-T25 Tank is in the Moskurg stuff section? Not that I'm objecting to a free tank...
It ended up like the Maus, I believe.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:35 am »

This game looks pretty amazing. Reminds me a lot of The Pentagon Wars. Which side needs people the most right now?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 05, 2015, 04:04:52 am »

This game looks pretty amazing. Reminds me a lot of The Pentagon Wars. Which side needs people the most right now?
We've got plenty of people on our side, but I think they have plenty of people on their side too. We're losing if that matters at all to you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 05, 2015, 04:07:50 am »

We've got plenty of people on our side, but I think they have plenty of people on their side too. We're losing if that matters at all to you.

....you have a funny definition of "losing" :P. We've only been temporarily pushed out of the desert, are well on our way of taking the mountains, hold the plains, and stalemate the jungles.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:05 am »

get kicked out of desert, call yourself losing

10/10 premium arstotzkan fighting spirit surrender already

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 05, 2015, 04:10:44 am »

The USAA needs the most people with only two active players.

....you have a funny definition of "losing" :P. We've only been temporarily pushed out of the desert, are well on our way of taking the mountains, hold the plains, and stalemate the jungles.
If by hold the plains you mean 'die to our new artillery and tanks', yes, yes you are. And we have Mortars now, so your luck in the mountains might be turning around...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 05, 2015, 04:31:58 am »

get kicked out of desert, call yourself losing

10/10 premium arstotzkan fighting spirit surrender already
Hey, I'm just saying we're losing the war. I'm not saying we're surrendering, unlike a certain Moskurg...
Fair enough.  I suppose moskurg might well surrender, then.  If we can't put pressure on our opponents when at 3/4, what's the point, then?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 05, 2015, 04:36:44 am »

Who got the expense credit from military surplus stuff?
Arstotzka! Arstotzka gets an expense credit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2015, 06:21:54 am »

This game looks pretty amazing. Reminds me a lot of The Pentagon Wars.

Oh hell, that is literally exactly what the design threads look like.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 05, 2015, 07:13:21 am »

Combat Report 25.104/5.A - Private Maximilian, 3rd Artillery Regiment
Feel free to give suggestions if the commander or the private's names should be changed. I'm not particularly proud of them but I can't think of anything better.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:41:53 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 05, 2015, 07:25:50 am »

The Artotzkin design thread is slightly more sane than that.

Not toomuch though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159