Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425554 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2015, 05:03:54 am »

sparring with a snake eh.. guess I must be badass..
starting turn!
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2015, 06:35:32 pm »

And now, a historical interlude...

Our king, Sibrek Logemtad, was born in 125. He was kinged in 219. As of Breadbowl's founding in 236, he is eleventy-one years old (111).

He has lived his entire life in splendor in Hallpondered, founded in 88.

(edited to add) His queen is Melbil Starsword, and together they have had 4 children: two son's and two daughters. Sadly, his youngest daughter Shorast went adventuring and passed away 3 years ago, at the age of 34. And by "passed away" I mean "had her head caved in by a cyclops".

The year before the king was born, the dragon Acathi Fortuneswelter the Jewel of Glows attacked Hallpondered and stole a large schorl, making an eternal enemy of the Dwarven civilisation of The Old Nets. No casualties, although it took a swipe at a dwarf.

At the age of 10, a Bronze Colossus wandered into Hallpondered's territory. Again, though it took a swipe at a dwarf, no casualties.

(edited to add) Uthra Burntalon the Prestige of Crushing. Associated with war, strength and metals. 161 Notable kills, 262 other. Last active in 232, when it struck down a human who confronted it.

After that, not much happened in Hallpondered. A pack of giant dingo's attacked in 148, killing two dwarves and loads of animals, and the place was attacked the female werepanther Atis Tongspriests in 190. Again, no casualties. Atis later died of old age in 196.

It seems like our mountainhome is a remarkably peaceful (read: boring) place.

However, briefly back on the subject of the dragon our King was born under, we have a potential problem:

"Acathi Fortuneswelter the Jewel of Glows was a dragon. He was one of the only ones of his kind. Acathi was associated with wealth and fire"

"In 1, the dragon Acathi Fortuneswelter the Jewel of Glows settled in The Hill of Death."

That's our Hill of Death. And Acathi Fortuneswelter has been active as recently as 232, destroying a goblin settlement and killing 10 ogres, 15 goblins and 8 trolls:

"In the late summer of 232, Acathi routed the Hex of Beguilers of The Hell of Emancipating and destroyed Noblefly.

As old as the world itself, with 174 notable kills and 325 other, Acathi is serious levels of terrifying. He is Fire. He is Death. And we've just settled right on his doorstep and built an aboveground farming town. Out of wood.

We're all going to be cooked and eaten.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:48:23 pm by QuQuasar »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2015, 07:09:44 pm »

Wait, let me get this straight, a pack of GIANT FUCKING DINGOS killed more dwarves then a titan? Can I get a history on the life loving titan please?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »

Well. Dragons are kind of like snakes sorta. Im sure my dwarf got this.

In fact... Giant snakes are probably exactly like dragons. And I killed a giant snake. So that probably certainly was the legendary dragon. We are safe, citizens. I think the custom title of ''Dragonslayer?'' is in order.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:51:00 pm by Taupe »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »

Well, I say that we send our greatest fighter/soldier to challenge him mono E dragono, then we give them the title (REFERENCE POWERRRRR GOOOOOOOO!!!) "Dragonborn" or "Dovahkin" in the tongue of the dragons.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 09:09:46 pm »

Edited the history post to add a paragraph about the colossus, and another about Shorast, the youngest princess, who went adventuring and died 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:11:58 pm by QuQuasar »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 09:02:51 am »

This is a worn bat leather journal. It is bound by rope reed fiber thread. The writing is scratchy and illegible. The pages are decorated with pressed flowers and plants.
This page is marked by a rye flower.

Bearskie's Journal

So word’s on the grapevine that neblime is gonna be our next overseer.  Heh, only time will tell whether the old gel has the biban to run this fort proper.  Don't get me wrong - her craftsdwarfship is excellent and her tables are second to none.  But a cat is not a tiger, and a fort is not a table.

Guess it leaves Quasar free to come up with new ways to mince potatoes though.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 05:23:02 pm »

gah, how do you get anything done with just 15 dwarves!
seems like there's a lot of work to do, everything is going fine but boring and slowly so no update just yet
p.s. is there any reason all the poor birds were locked out of the building with the nest boxes?!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:29:58 pm by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 06:03:41 pm »

gah, how do you get anything done with just 15 dwarves!

Painstaking micromanagement and a reckless disregard for workplace health and safety.

Also, turning off all the stockpiling labors. They're fine when you've got plenty of haulers, but there's just not time for it in an early fort.

The wall/floor building labor can also kill productivity when you've got building jobs in progress.

p.s. is there any reason all the poor birds were locked out of the building with the nest boxes?!

Locked... out?

I did close that door tightly, but I did that to keep them *in*. They were wandering everywhere. I thought that was because my dwarves were too busy to re-pasture them when they wandered off, so I thought closing it tightly would keep them in.

Also, that Chicken Coop is my biggest failure. It should be way bigger. I don't mind housing dwarves in tiny cells, but birds should fly free dammit!

But I wanted to make sure the birds were safe if something horrible arrived, hense the tiny avery.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »

when i started my turn they were all outside (and sort of piled up at the door trying to get in)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »

Odd. They're definitely on the inside in my copy of the game. 90% of them, anyway, there's a wandering peahen or two.

I think there's only one reasonable conclusion...

Reality warping chickens.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 08:31:11 pm »

I think there's only one reasonable conclusion... Reality warping chickens.
Someone needs to sig this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »

But I wanted to make sure the birds were safe if something horrible arrived, hense the tiny avery.
On the plus side, Tiny Avery would make an awesome name for a dwarf. Or a band.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 09:12:47 pm »

Peck peck. Scratch. Peck...
     Peck?
     Scratch peck?
     Peck?
     Peck + peck = squawk
     Cluck?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 09:44:04 pm »

Peck peck. Scratch. Peck...
     Peck?
     Scratch peck?
     Peck?
     Peck + peck = squawk
     Cluck?
You win the thread with that reference. Except now I'm sad. RIP Sir Terry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105