Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 229633 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2445 on: September 16, 2015, 06:36:59 pm »

So how physically big is the Black Chamber? 10x10x10 or bigger?

...No reaction to me pointing a gun at your Angel's head and attempting to take humanity for myself?
Lolohe can resurrect himself so his death would be an inconvenience. You could hold onto a portion of Humanity until the Flux bonus runs out, after which you'd have a bunch of people revolting against you. Besides, if they're willing to abandon me and join you I wouldn't want their worship anyway.

You realize it only costs 1.3E to make a soulkilling weapon right? And you do remember that I just won a sword which I siphoned publicly? Aside from that, the Flux Bonus wasn't mind controlling them or anything like that, it was simply controlling the situation in a way that makes it easier for my boys to take over. The bonus running out won't cause them to leave in droves, it will simply slow expansion (and I can renew it every turn.) Aside from that, the guys I am sending to take over are more competent then the current administration anyway  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 16, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »

Aside from that, the guys I am sending to take over are more competent then the current administration anyway  :P.
The current administration made life so good that laziness and decadence became widespread, even outside of the upper classes. This is back in Roman times without the aid of slaves. That's better than any real life historical figure could get.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:31 pm »

Aside from that, the guys I am sending to take over are more competent then the current administration anyway  :P.
The current administration made life so good that laziness and decadence became widespread, even outside of the upper classes. This is back in Roman times without the aid of slaves. That's better than any real life historical figure could get.

Urge to become Slaanesh increasing.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: September 16, 2015, 07:02:22 pm »

....I don't think you know what "Good administration" means....

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:13 pm »

....I don't think you know what "Good administration" means....
A good administration means a happy populace in my book. What does good administration mean to you?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 16, 2015, 07:04:11 pm »

Well it arguably it is a good administration; its so good that even peasants can spend their days lazing around and still function efficiently.

EDIT: Human armies must suck though.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:05:52 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 16, 2015, 07:07:46 pm »

A good administration means a happy populace in my book. What does good administration mean to you?

Its complicated, and as a right-leaning American, probably a heck lot different then what you think it is.

First, what decadence means:

the act or process of falling into an inferior condition or state; deterioration; decay:

moral degeneration or decay; turpitude.

Notice the word "Decay", its the base for decadence. It isn't a good thing by any stretch.

Second, laziness is a horrible thing, especially to have widespread. How does anything get done in the Kingdom of Man? Obviously, these poor fools need to get saved by a viscose criminal overlord.

Plus, that isn't even getting into the ghettos, which just got busted open....

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2452 on: September 16, 2015, 07:08:17 pm »

Trait prices list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:13:36 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 16, 2015, 07:19:32 pm »

First, what decadence means:

the act or process of falling into an inferior condition or state; deterioration; decay:

moral degeneration or decay; turpitude.

Notice the word "Decay", its the base for decadence. It isn't a good thing by any stretch.
3. unrestrained or excessive self-indulgence.
Synonym of debauchery: excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures; intemperance

I'd say life is pretty good when you can party all day without going broke.

Second, laziness is a horrible thing, especially to have widespread. How does anything get done in the Kingdom of Man? Obviously, these poor fools need to get saved by a viscose criminal overlord.
If you want to know how things get done in the KoM, just ask Lolohe because everything is awesome and no one has to work for it. I highly doubt the populace would appreciate going from "I'm really happy and I didn't even need to work for my happiness!" to "I have to work all day to pay Don JoJo's protection money." Heck, I'd probably get even more worship from everyone praying to me for salvation.

Plus, that isn't even getting into the ghettos, which just got busted open....
That's a quarantine for old people and vampires. Money went into it to support it. Now that there's no more "ghetto", Humanity will be even more prosperous.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 16, 2015, 07:25:53 pm »

It is very possible that is not what it means, considering it was paired with laziness.

Did you ever read Brave New World in your class, or is that just an American thing? Because you are making Humanity sound like the civilization in that book...

That's a quarantine for old people and vampires. Money went into it to support it. Now that there's no more "ghetto", Humanity will be even more prosperous.

What? You put old people in a ghetto, tax people excessively to make these ghettos, and pretend like this is a good thing? I am talking old-style Ghettos, like the ones in Rome and Venice, and pretty much every other major European city until Napoleon. It doesn't matter how 'nice' they are, they are still ghettos by definition. And the fact that 85% just escaped probably means they where not as nice as you believe they where.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 16, 2015, 07:31:13 pm »

It is very possible that is not what it means, considering it was paired with laziness.

Did you ever read Brave New World in your class, or is that just an American thing? Because you are making Humanity sound like the civilization in that book...
The actual word used in the Tick was "complacence".

Isn't that the expansion to Civilization 5?

What? You put old people in a ghetto, tax people excessively to make these ghettos, and pretend like this is a good thing? I am talking old-style Ghettos, like the ones in Rome and Venice, and pretty much every other major European city until Napoleon. It doesn't matter how 'nice' they are, they are still ghettos by definition. And the fact that 85% just escaped probably means they where not as nice as you believe they where.
I never said the ghettos were nice. It was a shithole, actually. I'm just saying that they had an expenditure attached to them and now that the expenditure is gone more money can be spent on the people.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 16, 2015, 07:32:51 pm »

Its also a good science fiction novel with what we would call a 'dystopian' society!

Of course, Humanity is no where near BNW yet.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 16, 2015, 07:33:55 pm »

But anyway, I'm not saying it's a utopia or anything, just that it's good enough to compare itself to one.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 16, 2015, 07:40:27 pm »

Complacency:

a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc.

Not a good thing...And inadvertently super accurate  :P.

The words are a Shakespeare quote, thus are used in a lot of things. I am talking specifically about a dystopian Sci-Fi novel. Basically, it is like 1984, except with techniques more like what you are using instead of fear and torture. Well, in the book the use "soma", a drug that makes people feel happy, and everything revolves around forum-unfreandly things.

But anyway, I'm not saying it's a utopia or anything, just that it's good enough to compare itself to one.

A dystopia is the opposite of a utopia. I am currently comparing it to one of these.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:11 pm »

Humanity is happy and he's getting Worship. That's enough for Eid.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 241