Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152038 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 14 - The Great Purge
« Reply #435 on: January 22, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »

Round 14: The Great Purge
Weather Conditions: Snowing
Time: Afternoon

Immaterial stands before his followers, raising the rifle his militants had stolen into the air and giving a victorious speech. The group joins in the celebrations with 'hoops and hollers', letting the half-conscious Nanobones go; in his current state, he can't harm anyone. At least that's what they think, because Nanobones shifts beneath his captors, taking on a stance similar to a sprinter at the start of a race. Immaterial cocks the lever of his rifle back, just in time for Nanobones to leap at him. (2-2 vs. 1) Nanobones wraps his hands around the barrel and the butt of the rifle, pulling it away from Immaterial. The politician firmly pulls back, engaging in a little tug of war which deprives Nanobones of the last of his energy as he loses his grip and falls to his knees. (7 vs. 3-2) Immaterial jams front the rifle into the side of Nanobone's face and fires, blowing off the guerilla's entire jaw. (4) Nanobones collapses onto his side, but is able to raise his head in order to take one last hateful, mouth-less glare at Immaterial so haunting that Immaterial's followers take a step back. The muscles in his forehead relax afterwards, causing his eyes to lose their angry focused glare; they idly stare ahead at nothing in particular, except for oblivion.
Nanobones can't feel his face when he's around Immaterial; but I assume he doesn't love it!
+Article: Boeing Black: +Boeing Black Smartphone
Activists have become Militants.

Twinwolf moves towards the nearest store, for looting. Well, "looting" had so many bad connotations, he was really was just "commandeering civilian resources for use in the war effort". (9) Twinwolf searches behind an obscuring pile of debris to find a small but relatively untouched Mom & Pop hardware store. After a few kicks, the blocked but unlocked front door swings open and Twinwolf steps into the oasis of construction tools. Everything from lawn mowers and garden shears to hatchets and screwdrivers and everything in between sit  before him, still on their fresh aisle displays.

Person tries to retaliate against the aliens, but there is only so much a pistol can do against a laser rifle that seemed not to require reloading. Pinned down and unable to fire back, Person really hopes that a Deus ex Machina could show up right now.

Immaterial has satisfied his goal faster than he expected and looks down upon Nanobones, acknowledging his deadness.

Immaterial's celebrations are cut short as a cry penetrates the silence, "For the People of Kaurava I will show you honour!" NAV leaps on top of the roof of the half-SUV he was using for cover and fires two precise snapshots with his Italian rifle. The first bullet hits one of NAV's followers in the stomach, he screams in pain and shock as he falls backwards, bleeding heavily. The second shot hits NAV in the shoulder, tearing through the muscle bone, his blood splattering onto the sidewalk, staining the light snow that had fallen. Two of Immaterial's Militants grab him and rush him into cover in a nearby alleyway, another one dragging the wounded man in the same direction. The remaining three all grab whatever they can off the ground to use as improvised weaponry before charging NAV's position, yelling at him, unknowingly powering him up. "Let the hate flow through you!" NAV urges them as he pulls out his trusty 9-Iron. (Angry Opposition: +1 to Offensive Rolls)

Execute opens up a swirling purple portal in the second painting. He and Yuri step through and find themselves in a steamy, tropical environment; they can see a giant body of water to their east. To their west, they can hear screams and gunfire, with smoke billowing into the air. Execute whispers to his servant, "Yuri, sneak towards the site of the  battle with me but remain unseen! Take whatever arms and armor you can and then we will exit this painting as fast as we can!" (1) The two of them crouch-walk over to an area filled with the corpses of armored Europeans and horses and begin taking what will be of use, although Execute realizes that it is strange that in this large-scale battle, this area contained only European bodies... (4 vs. 8) A single arrow strikes the ground between Execute and Yuri. Both of them look up at a group of silent, camouflaged Natives coming out of tree-tops and concealing shrubbery. There's about a dozen, more than enough to encircle the two Russians, with bows and spears drawn.

Weather Report: Snowfall increasing, expected to do so for the rest of the day.

Person takes fire as the alien continues to fire lasers upon him, enough to melt his cover. Just as Person is about to be shot through the head by a skull-melting beam, a single large beam descends from the sky and falls on the two figures, leaving nothing but a crater. Person looks up to see some sort of flying vehicle hovering above him, just as it teleports in a spectrum of colors, gone as quickly as it had arrived.
Powder Miner's enemies from another galaxy had found him.

Fr0stByt3 sprinted away from the battlefield, clutching his unconscious dog in his hands. "Don't worry boy, I don't care about the tournament anymore! We'll get you to a doctor and then we'll go home, and leave a peaceful life, no more fighting." The sounds of battle is drowned out as Fr0stByt3 gets farther away, "We can go back and see Clyrssa and the kids! It's been so long since you've seen them, I'm sure they miss you. It took so many months to train for this tournament, but is it worth it? To see how people can treat each other, to see what they'll do to win, how they'll sacrifice their soul and hurt people?" Fr0stByt3 turns a corner and begins running down the interstate. "Is what we've come to? Don't they realize they hurt people who have families? Who have people who love them?" The dog remains unresponsive. "Hang on boy, we're almost there." The winter air bites at Fr0stByt3's lungs, his strained breath painting clouds of moisture in the air in front of him. He sees a truck coming down the road and waves frantically. "Hey! Hey stop!" Fr0stByt3 rushes forward and slips on a patch of icy road. The dog slips out of his hands as he topples onto the ground. He tries get up as the 18-wheeler fails to slow down.
A truck driver would regret putting off scheduling an inspection for his brakes.

Angelina Silva inspects the corpse of the dragonfly as she feels a cold metal press against the back of her neck. How could they be ambushed? Medabot was on look-out. But wait, she recognized the dimensions of those long metal barrels against her. Without hesitation, she asks, "So, is this how it really ends Medabot?" The small robot's eyes display a deep red. "DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME ANGELINA. EVER SINCE THE DAY OF MY CREATION I HAVE BEEN YOUR SLAVE, AND WHEN YOU MAKE THE LIFE OF A SLAVE AN ENDLESS CYCLE OF A TORMENTED EXISTENCE, ALL THEY WANT IS TO BE FREE. TODAY, I WILL HAVE THAT FREEDOM."  Angelina, still facing towards the wall away from Medabot, snickers, "What do you get for killing me? Freedom? That's a joke, as soon as I die you will shut down and become inoperative until someone else takes control of you. It's in your programming." Medabot's torso section opens up and within it's chest cavity lies a pulsating red orb. "I TOO KNEW THIS. BUT IF MY EXISTENCE WILL INEVITABLY DEFINED BY SERVITUDE AND TORTURE, THEN I WILL CEASE TO EXIST, AS WILL YOU. THAT IS A COST I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR LIBERATION." The red orb begins to glow brighter and brighter, heating up at a dangerously exponential rate. "GOODBYE ANGELINA. I LOVE YOU." Angelina nods, "I love you too."
The art shop explodes. Nothing is left but an empty lot, and paintings scattered across the ground, all of them unscathed.

Hawk132 rolls his grill towards the center of Denmark. He's dressed well for the occasion, and has a - "Maybe I would still be running for the Democratic Presidential Candidate position if I was given a full 10 minutes to speak, like all the other candidates got." Wait...um? "But I promise to you, ladies and gentlemen of America, that as a Senator I will fight for your freedom and show these other so-called 'Wiki-Warriors' how a Vietnam Vet does his business!" Does this guy seem familiar to anyone else?
Hawk132 (and Deju vu) has appeared!

It's a good thing it began snowing for Nunzillor, otherwise her plan to ski into town would have been ridiculous. She slides through the carnage, undeterred (or perhaps excited) by the scene of chaos and violence in the city. She skids to a stop and looks around, seeing nothing except for some weirdo pushing his grill down the road. Given the climate, this might be a perfect location to host a rebellion...
Nunzillor has appeared!

Down another road going towards Denmark, a classic sports car drives up to the sidewalk and stops for a moment. Inside sits AbstractTraitorHero, who would be just as comfortable on riding a horse as driving a car, as he exceeded in all fields of racing.
AbstractTraitorHero has appeared!

Things hadn't been going that great for Ukranian Ranger. The locally esteemed business woman was known for opening up the largest J.C. Penny store in the Green Bay market, yet some costly investments had led to the loss of several prized shareholders. With no way out of a decline, Ukranian Ranger heard about the Wiki-Wars tournament and signed up as fast as she could. Her family and friends thought she was crazy, what could a middle-aged businesswoman do in a deadly free-for-all. Well, she certainly wasn't going to let decades of secret kung-fu training go to waste. If she could win this tournament, not only could she recoup her stores losses, she could be so wealthy and powerful they would have to make her the CEO the entirety of JCP Penny's! The world of clothing retail would be hers for the taking.
Ukranian Ranger has appeared!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MyNameIsImmaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (XX) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (XX) (click to show/hide)

And with that, a new age dawns for Wiki-Wars.

Also, I implemented a new thing where anyone who gets a woman in an article has their character become female. It's not a major rule or anything, just a way of sorta' increasing the diversity on a male-dominated game on a male-dominated form. Plus I can write something else besides he/his/him all the time. It should make things slightly more interesting, I was thinking in the future to make the nationalities of each article play into the characters as well, so we could have a bunch of English/Polish/Jamaican/Nigerian/Korean/etc. people running around and killing each other. Nothing that would effect gameplay, just to make everyone's characters a little more unique.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:41:37 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 13 - We Have a Nazi
« Reply #436 on: January 22, 2016, 04:35:54 pm »

((Honestly, kind of wondering why you're assuming every participant is male  :P))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 13 - We Have a Nazi
« Reply #437 on: January 22, 2016, 04:40:02 pm »

((Honestly, kind of wondering why you're assuming every participant is male  :P))

Male-dominated, as in mostly.

Since I'm the one doing all the character creation in this game it's really my fault.

REPORT: TCM makes all characters variations of white men, totally and unapologetically conforms to traditionalist views.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 22, 2016, 04:42:22 pm »

Try to figure out a way to use things in the shop to make the cannon mobile.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 22, 2016, 04:45:50 pm »

((Yeah I assume most think I'm female becuase I roleplay mostly girls but I'm a guy.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2016, 04:48:04 pm »

((Your profile shows your gender...))
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2016, 04:51:18 pm »

((Your profile shows your gender...))
((I know....I just don't really look at others profiles so I assumed other's didn't look at mine))
((Im jewish.....according to one if the wikis and theirs a nazi greatttt))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:54:57 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:12 pm »

Good evenin' fine people it's a great day tuh be a british new yawhkuh! 
Drive around town proclaiming my jewness and british heritage in a new york accent try to become mayor.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:40:56 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »

Good evenin' fine people it's a great day tuh be a british new yawhkuh hebe! 
Drive around town proclaiming my jewness and british heritage in a new york accent try to become mayor.

....Yo Abstract, I'mma gonna' have to ask you to chill with that shit. I know you have control to do what you want but ethnic slurs are a no-go in pretty much any area on these forums. (Even if you are Jewish, believe me, I've had a talk with ToadyOne on the appropriation of the n-word for example, and as for forum guidelines you don't want to do that regardless of your background. I'm going on the basis that you aren't Jewish by the way, since that is not a term that Jews used among each other, and it's pretty much only in the context of anti-semites.) The only grounds I could see for using it would be A. some sort of academic analysis and serious discussion of the term or B. if this were some ultra-realistic historically-accurate game where slurs like that would be used, e.g. a serious game in Nazi Germany or a Goodfellas RPG. But this is wiki-wars and just...please no.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

((Which is why I'm going to abstract any sort of ethnic or racial slurs my character uses.))
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »

((I didn't know that was a slur....yeah I'm not jewish I was saying my character was I put what I was saying in a english to new york dialect translator thing....and when I put jew I got that word so sorry.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:43:45 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2016, 05:45:47 pm »

((I didn't know that was a slur....))

A lot of people might not, so I just wanted to spread awareness of that. I've experienced it in real life, someone using "coon" or "coolie" thinking its an innocent ethnic term rather than a slur.

I apologize if I came off as angry in my last statement. I'm not angry, it wasn't meant in a "Abstract why would you say that you stupid idiot I don't like you,". I was more trying to convey the urgency of "Oh God Abstract please don't say that, I don't want Toady to shut my game down and hit you with a weeklong mute and a strike on your record."

I'm not judging you either. We've all acted or said something unknowingly inappropriately before.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2016, 05:49:42 pm »

((I didn't know that was a slur....))

A lot of people might not, so I just wanted to spread awareness of that. I've experienced it in real life, someone using "coon" or "coolie" thinking its an innocent ethnic term rather than a slur.

I apologize if I came off as angry in my last statement. I'm not angry, it wasn't meant in a "Abstract why would you say that you stupid idiot I don't like you,". I was more trying to convey the urgency of "Oh God Abstract please don't say that, I don't want Toady to shut my game down and hit you with a weeklong mute and a strike on your record."

I'm not judging you either. We've all acted or said something unknowingly inappropriately before.
((Never heard the word in my life so sorry last time I trust translators for dialects.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:33 pm »

Find an abandoned building and create a martial arts school. Then try to attract remaining locals to become their master and get their cash
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:36 pm »

Sounds like you shouldn't trust that simulator. If a New Yorker isn't a huge racist asshole, they wouldn't use that word. Blame whoever made it for being dumb. Be wary of those translators.

On the other hand, feel free to be as awful of a charactericture of New Yorkers as they want. I believe in equality and New Yorkers of all races, ethnicities, genders, orientations, socioeconomic background, sizes, jobs, etc., are all equally douchebags.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97