Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 151651 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 26 - Government Cavalry
« Reply #615 on: February 17, 2016, 03:18:44 am »

I shrug it off, as Samurai are higher ranked, I'm sure. After the shrug, I very carefully attempt to fix my helmet, making sure I don't damage it any further, or even destroy it. If any other Officers come up in here, and attempt to stir up trouble, I wanna say this: "Officer, listen. Even though I am a Wiki-Warrior, I did not damage your city. In fact, I'm here to battle other Wiki-Warriors. Collateral Damage is not my mission, nor my intention. Please, give me the time I need to complete my goal of battling powerful warriors."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 17, 2016, 04:18:24 am »

Stay on guard near the door of the grocery shop. Be ready to fire at anything that looks like a wiki warrior or their minions
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 17, 2016, 05:01:21 am »

Alright, take the sword, and scarper down the stairs into the hull, look through stuff there, but carfully, don't wanna run into some barracks.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 17, 2016, 07:36:12 am »

In the morning try to find an actual job preferably in politics or wrestling after that drive around town to relax and finally if he sees a wiki warrior he runs em over but only if they have noticed me and they are armed.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:30 am »

Get the veggies! All of them! Juice up to full health.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 17, 2016, 09:27:33 am »

"Die! For Texas! You shall menace me no more! Although you never did- forget it, you're dead."

Put a few rifle rounds into Elephant Parade.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 17, 2016, 10:39:26 am »

"Die! For Texas! You shall menace me no more! Although you never did- forget it, you're dead."

Put a few rifle rounds into Elephant Parade.
wow rude

Charge him down on my horse and cut off his head.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2016, 07:50:33 pm »

drive to plane then tow car with plane to nearest airfield

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2016, 08:50:27 am »

This party's gettin' crazy! I quite like Nunzillor's progress here, even if their help got ruined by the dice. Honestly I'm tempted to drop out of the waitlist so I can keep doing this while impartial as possible, but I have absolutely no problem recognizing my deficiencies. So nah I'm not dropping out. If my character isn't doing well, them's the ropes.

Spoiler: AAR:26 (click to show/hide)

Either this is being aired in a world with several hour long commercial breaks, or weird spacetime nonsense is going on. Probably the latter, given that they can still see Execute. Also their audience still has dials I guess?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:23:43 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 27 - Contact
« Reply #624 on: February 19, 2016, 12:00:04 am »

Round 27: Contact
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

Hawk limps into the produce section which looks to him like a medicine cabinet. He scoops up armfuls of celery, cabbage and onions, clutching them close to his chest and getting quite emotional. Ranger looks to be disturbed by this on some levels and elects to stand by the front door while Hawk handles his weird veggie ritual. Hawk scarfs down the food as if it were a liquid, which it actually becomes as it enters his mouth. The new substance fills his stomach with nutrients that are hypermetabolized, healing him of all his wounds. (Right Thigh & Right Ankle Cured)

"Die! For Texas! You shall menace me no more! Although you never did- forget it, you're dead." Fallacy pulls the MAS-36 off of her shoulder strap and aims it at the combatant on his horse. (9+2 vs. 8) Fallacy fires off two quick shots at Elephant, the first striking him through the left foot, passing through the bone, and going into the lower torso of his horse. Elephant holds onto the reins of his horse to prevent himself from falling off, while his mount unsteadily stumbles to the side, having suffered an even more serious wound.

Greatness shrugs and does not bother with the police officer anymore, after all, they are only recognized in their village while Samurai where known throughout all of Japan. The officer exits the tent ungraciously and leaves Greatness to his devices, allowing him to continue carefully working on his broken helmet, taking care not to damage it further. (2) He actually makes significant progress in repairing the helmet, but while moving it he slips on a patch of ice below him and lands on top of his invention. As he gets up, he sees that the weight of his body compounded by his armor has reduced the helmet to pieces of broken metal and shattered glass shards. An array of released chemical liquids seep into the ground beneath him.

Elephant Parade unsheathes his Officer's Sabre and turns his racehorse towards the direction of Fallacy. He spurs his horse into a gallop, the beast whines and sprints at Parade, leaving a trail of blood beneath. (5+1 vs 2) Fallacy leaps away as Parade goes thundering by her, but not far enough as his blade is still able to reach her and cuts into her skull. The impact of the attack sends Fallacy spinning to the ground, the attack missing her brain as far as she can tell but it still opened up a large gash that leaks a substantial amount of blood.

Ukranian Ranger allows Hawk to heal himself while she leans on the display window outside of the front of the grocery, her pistol dangling from her idly swinging right hand. (Perception: 1-1) Out of the corner of her, she notices a figure moving behind some wreckage. Altered, she pulls her gun up and holds it with both hands while hustling over to the space. She turns the corner, and pulls her pistol on...a cat. (Distracted: -1 to next Combat roll)

Execute relives the guard of his sword, (+Shortsword) and stuffs him inside of a barrel before heading down the stair's said guard was covering. Ducking under the eyes of the guards on the opposite side of the deck, Execute finds himself in a space totally different from the last ship. He is in a corridor filled with cannons and cannon balls. And where there are cannons...he rifles around until he finds several sacks full of dark, dusty gunpowder, gritty to the touch.

High tyrol drives away from the scene and retreats to her Biplane, hopping out of her car and attaching its front bumper to a towing cable on the aerial vehicle. Tyrol then takes the somewhat unorthodox method of towing the racecar using her plane and driving it to the nearest airway, which happens to be all the way in Green Bay. (4) Tyrol gets held up in traffic, many people honking at her as they try and navigate around her on the highway.

Abstract wakes up, gets in his car and begins to drive around the Green Bay area looking for work. (1) Staring out the window for "HELP WANTED" signs, Abstract fails to see that a pickup truck has accidentally veered into his lane. (9+2 vs. 4) Abstract split second instincts swerve him out of the way while the truck zooms past him and slams into a barrier.

"Several of your men— our men— have already sacrificed themselves so that we could make it here.  We are not leaving.  Not yet.  The situation has changed since yesterday, but we can still make this work.  The plan is the same: we need to masquerade as members of this tournament and defeat the combatants battling here.  The key is to avoid engaging the authorities for now."

Nunzillor turns to Tiny Chuck, obviously distressed by his remarks, "If things start to look bad, we can pull out, regroup, recruit more soldiers, and return when things are more favorable.  The intention always was to wage a guerrilla war, after all.  Watashitachiha vixtorious ni narimasu!" She slips into the street and runs along the shadows of the buildings. Tiny Chuck, with a lack of emotion, stays behind, toying with his rifle.

Nunzillor attempts to contact the Sniper Team, but there is no response on their radio frequency.
The Mobile Team reports that one snowmobile and two men are totally incapacitated. They say that they've recovered the Grenade Launcher and are back on route. (3) They then inform Nunzillor that there is significant police presence in the area and they will have to take a long detour which will delay their arrival.
Assault Team stays among the buildings, moving among them one by one. (Perception: 5-1) They report to Nunzillor that they have come across no Wiki-Warriors at the moment. (Group Stealth vs. Perception: 4+1 vs. 8-1) After shooing the cat away, Ukranian Ranger spots someone crouching in a building; the moon reflects a piece of metal in their hands. (3-1-1 vs. 6) Ranger fires three times and misses not only the target but the entire building he is taking cover in as well. After firing, Ranger runs back into the grocery store with Hawk. Nunzillor picks up hectic radio chatter, "Contact! Contact! Somewhere from the North, in those buildings on the other side of the street!" (4) Nunzillor is still a few blocks away from the Assault Team when she receives this transmission.

The first wave of refugees from Denmark have begun moving out.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:49:37 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 19, 2016, 12:03:43 am »

Elephant Parade unsheathes his Officer's Sabre and turns his racehorse towards the direction of Elephant Parade. He spurs his horse into a gallop, the beast whines and sprints at Parade, leaving a trail of blood beneath.
I think I understand what happened, but I'm still a little bit confused.

Off with 'er head! Use the musket, since it has a higher bonus.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 19, 2016, 12:29:32 am »

Hahaha, was not expecting to fall onto it, but imagining that in my head is absolutely hilarious!

I take great care into making sure both my person, and my items are not damaged by the fall or the chemicals. If I'm not already standing up, then, er, stand. I'll then walk out of the camps, and into Denmark proper, using standard sneaking techniques and Bushido instinct to avoid being seen by any Civilian, Cop, or Wiki-Warrior.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Nunzillor

« Reply #627 on: February 19, 2016, 12:34:25 am »

((I get the feeling that Tiny Chuck is going to turn on me...))

Radio to Assault Team: "Copy that.  Check the northern buildings one by one, staying away from the main doors and checking instead through rear and side entrances.  They may have lost sight of you, so continue to attempt to move stealthily.  When you find the correct building, surround it, being sure to take cover." 

"Attempt to avoid engagement until I arrive, but return fire if cornered, caught unawares, or if the combatants attempt to leave the building.  We'll contain them until we are ready for a group assault.  I'm on my way."

Ask Mobile Team how many grenades they have for the launcher.

Move towards the northern buildings, remaining in stealth, and reunite with the Assault Team.  If by the time I arrive the combatants are contained in the building, lead a charge to end them.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:38:42 pm by Nunzillor »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 19, 2016, 07:10:15 am »

((Sorry for not posting again, could you quote the last dialogue directed at my character?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 19, 2016, 08:08:58 am »

Pocket as many of my beloved veggies as I can. Then take cover and wait for anyone to approach. If UR wants to retreat, tag along and suggest to take the back door if there is one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97