Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 867063 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #16080 on: April 14, 2016, 09:20:36 pm »

You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Sigging this

Emp, could you hold your laughter back long enough to seriously judge my backup sheet?

I really do think it is viable, since the 101X damage is negated by a passive and their transformations, giving them at least 5 turns, like a proper glass cannon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:24:49 pm by Shadestyle »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: April 14, 2016, 09:24:19 pm »

No sorry, busy for the foreseeable future, so I'm taking a break from consultating. See if Murdoc and Slacker are willing to review it.

btw, what's a reasonable level for a GMPC Servant? i was thinking like, 20, since the plot i have in mind will involve having the entire party vs. a lone Servant (said GMPC will be an ally though, since bosses don't play by the rules)
Well, if there's two Level 20s going at each other, you'd want the allied one to be a Tank. As in someone who can reliably take the majority of the incoming damage lest the Boss just obliterate the Party, plus it also actually puts the spotlight on the Party, because otherwise most of the Party would be completely overshadowed by their damage-dealing capabilities, or incapacitated by the Boss. Well, other than Aesford and Anna, thanks to Deep Pass and Freeze caring naught for stats.

Plus it forces the Party to actually do a lot more of the work. Also, I just realized that using "the Party" sounds like I'm describing the ruling politicians of some sort of oppressive communist regime :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: April 14, 2016, 09:26:38 pm »

No reason to capitalize it, honestly. Unless you're likely to get confused with the local drunks/ravers/lunatics.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: April 14, 2016, 09:27:35 pm »

Can someone give a review of this sheet then?

Nobody on the team yet is a proper Glass cannon, so I figured I would keep that sheet for that purpose.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16084 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:44 pm »

No sorry, busy for the foreseeable future, so I'm taking a break from consultating. See if Murdoc and Slacker are willing to review it.

btw, what's a reasonable level for a GMPC Servant? i was thinking like, 20, since the plot i have in mind will involve having the entire party vs. a lone Servant (said GMPC will be an ally though, since bosses don't play by the rules)
Well, if there's two Level 20s going at each other, you'd want the allied one to be a Tank. As in someone who can reliably take the majority of the incoming damage lest the Boss just obliterate the Party, plus it also actually puts the spotlight on the Party, because otherwise most of the Party would be completely overshadowed by their damage-dealing capabilities, or incapacitated by the Boss. Well, other than Aesford and Anna, thanks to Deep Pass and Freeze caring naught for stats.

Plus it forces the Party to actually do a lot more of the work. Also, I just realized that using "the Party" sounds like I'm describing the ruling politicians of some sort of oppressive communist regime :P
Well, actually, said level 20 party member will (in)conveniently be occupied during the fights against the bosses, I was more asking as a general power level question

@shadestyle possibly if i ever finish this physics assignment
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: April 14, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »

Might (and this is just my, mostly unfounded opinion) be too powerful then.

I mean, having 28 more extra Action Points alone might tip the scales enough. I mean you could make it work, but you'd likely want to engineer the circumstances of the battle more in favor of the party (environmental effects, bonuses, etc.), and might have to make a suboptimal build for them (and not making them so durable that will just sit there waiting for old age and the heat death of the universe to do their job for them is probably a good idea to :P). Plus not all the character are too well optimized either, making it harder to judge whether you're being too easy or too harsh.

I mean, imagine what a Level 10 Aura Charge or God Hand Main Action could do.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:45:49 pm by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16086 on: April 14, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »

The bosses will be much more arbitrarily scaled, I'm only making the high-leveled GMPC as an ally who will show up during certain encounters (and really just because I want to stat out this particular character lol). Scaling a boss like a PC is bad because you'd end up with dumb amounts of RES and such, plus action scaling issues, etc
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: April 14, 2016, 09:51:18 pm »

The main idea is they get 5 turns, unless they get hit by an AOE on the first turn, in which case they basically lose without a teammate to help them, this is because they have 5 Unite Gauge Points, so 5 turns of being transformed, and thus, normally affected by AOE instead of the instakill 101X.

If they get their turn one, they transform, and do that.

If they don't, they get triple defence, avoid the AOE, and then have no energy to defend next turn if another AOE comes.

In boss fights, they can subvert this by engaging unlimited form to stay transformed, but they lose 6 Stat points and 10 health for the Remainder of the plot if that boss was not the final boss of the plot.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: April 14, 2016, 10:09:45 pm »

ok, so
a storm hit my internet provider two days ago
has shit gone down while i was gone
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: April 14, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »

sort of
everyone decided plots and then plot stuff happened
we're getting obligatory expositiondump on twin's plot, penelope is revealed as argent gale on elf's plot to literally nobody's surprise, and they met an old friend of aesford's on tcm's plot
also retcon simuna into elf's plot for confirmed beach episode and putting three of wilson's four gfs in swimsuits
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14:24 pm »

*That old friend might be an enemy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: April 14, 2016, 10:15:24 pm »

yes but i only mentioned the part about being an old friend
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: April 14, 2016, 10:20:25 pm »

wait penelope was a rwby all along
elf
elf i trusted you
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: April 14, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »

no she was a paid-trial power ranger kamen rider
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: April 14, 2016, 10:42:34 pm »

The bosses will be much more arbitrarily scaled, I'm only making the high-leveled GMPC as an ally who will show up during certain encounters (and really just because I want to stat out this particular character lol).
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. Okay, in that case, let's just see? Take a PC, scale them up to Level 20, see if everyone else is fine with it.

The following assumes her Stat Point and Action Point expenditure remains the same (with Level 1 Actions counting as not having any expenditure since no further points are invested into them), ignores her new Perk slots, no equipment changes, and that all Action upgrades are exactly the same and work linearly. So this is a very, very rough picture of what you'll be working with:
Spoiler: Servant Mio (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1328