Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 96344 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

No, no. That's good enough.

So many dead bishops ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Tonight on 'Notable News!'

Samurai vs Demon Knights! WHO WILL WIN?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After much deliberation. Team Beastmen will be throwing in the Hat. While we probably could win given enough time (50 Tartarans are pretty hard to ignore), none of us want to fight out the conflict at that point.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frontline feels so massive that a dozen dragon-riders don't have much impact and many of our counters to undead can be defeated by throwing in "more undead" at this point.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Sorry guys! I really ungracefully piloted EuchreJack's stuff straight into the ground.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we probably could win given enough time (50 Tartarans are pretty hard to ignore), none of us want to fight out the conflict at that point.

I'm... skeptical. All insets are Karang, obviously:

Spoiler: Provinces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Income (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gem Income (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dominion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armies (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure we'd have gotten the 10 more throne points we needed to win before you managed to bring to bear sufficient force to deal with the massed chaff I could field (and/or turtle), and those chaff blobs were providing a fair amount of cover for my allies who were fielding proper armies (which I could field too, but really hadn't because countless chaff blobs were doing pretty well by themselves). I was close to finishing researching, which would have let me empty my labs - at which point the 50 Tartarians (who I was, in fact, mostly ignoring) would have had to deal with a couple hundred-or-so D2 Disintegrate/Control the Dead casters on top of the chaff (which had itself managed to kill off a fair number of Tartarians with minimal support and while mostly trying to avoid them - and if I lost 500 longdead to kill 1 Tartarian, I was still coming out ahead given my chaff production). 50 Tartarians in one place is a very nasty army, but it's one you can turtle your way around for the most part. 10 armies of 5 Tartarians are moderately vulnerable unless all are GoR'd and kitted - in which case they're very expensive, and still vulnerable to attrition... and also not well-suited to deal with max-defense forts full of 500-600 ghouls...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:30:39 am by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just to confirm since everyone still submitting turns has me confused... we ARE done, right? The game should be declared finished?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

It seems that way. Even though I really REALLY wanted to do that massive turbocommunion that spammed Master Enslave idea...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kinda want to do this last turn to see if I can get my cap unseiged.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh, your request is something like ten minutes too late. D'oh!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Kudos, though, mini. It's thanks to you that our side outlasted all but one of the other teams :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems that way. Even though I really REALLY wanted to do that massive turbocommunion that spammed Master Enslave idea...
I suppose I'm lucky I got to cast it all of twice. Still surprised it worked on Antrax and literally no other magician.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where did all these longdead come from anyway? Disgusting : P
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37