Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225787 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.04 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2020, 02:16:33 am »

is this still being worked on? id like to use it instead of Legends Browser because i prefer it being a normal app instead of some web thing. when i try to open it up, it gives me an error about an invalid field from hf_wounded, which is weird cause i downloaded the latest version and everything...
Is it a fatal error, or just a complaint? The latest exportlegends script (in the latest DFHack release) export a number of things that Legends Viewer doesn't recognize, but that normally doesn't prevent it from processing the exported file.

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2020, 09:47:08 pm »

well, i seem to be proved wrong once again. turns out that i didnt export everything needed because i quit DF before it finished. oh well, you live some, you learn some.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2020, 01:22:46 pm »

After loading an alternate map, how do I restore the original map?

Also, what sort of alternate maps can be loaded? I loaded up a site map, which didn't work well heh.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2020, 11:49:49 pm »

is this still being worked on? id like to use it instead of Legends Browser because i prefer it being a normal app instead of some web thing. when i try to open it up, it gives me an error about an invalid field from hf_wounded, which is weird cause i downloaded the latest version and everything...

i'm getting this error even after finishing all my exports. :/ it prevents the program from loading anything.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2020, 07:14:50 pm »

So, I have been having trouble with this as well. Specifically, it displays an error saying there is an issue with input parsing. Here is a link to the dffd listing for the exported world: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15175
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2020, 09:47:56 pm »

Just want to remind people reporting issues that including the version numbers of the affected software is helpful, particularly to people who might see this a month or two later. In this case, the Legends Viewer version and the DFHack version are relevant. (A pack version is typically less useful, but depending on the pack, can sometimes be used to figure out both the LV and DFHack versions.)

In this case, I suspect the issue is with the exportlegends script included in DFHack 0.47.04-r2 (which was recently released, and is newer than the latest LV release, 1.20.04). There were some breaking changes that will likely require updates to this tool. PatrikLundell has a good writeup of the exact issue here, for anyone interested.

Edit: the changelog here has some more details (note that exportlegends is mentioned under both "fixes" and "misc improvements"). I saw some confusion about whether this tool can handle exportlegends' new support of exporting to subfolders, so that may be worth investigating too.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:57:23 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 18, 2020, 12:16:07 am »

Thanks all for bringing this to my attention.

I already fixed a few things so that LegendsViewer is once again compatible with DFHack 0.47.04-r2.
While I am at it, I want to update some event texts and other stuff to use more of the new information DFHack provides by now.
I will try to release a new version this week.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.05 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2020, 01:49:38 pm »

New Release 1.20.05!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Compatiblity with DFHack 0.47.04-r2 + updates to events

### Added information
- added new 'historical event relationship' event
- added new 'historical event relationship supplements' information
- added type of moutain peak
- added evilness and local force to regions
- added profession to secret identities
- added summary to entity page

### Enhancements
- updated 'itemstolen' event
- updated 'body abused' event
- updated 'assume identity' event
- various smaller event updates

### Bugfixes
- compatibility with changed property export of DFHack 0.47.04-r2 #55
- added TitleRaceString and changed the ObjectListView to show the name of Race rather than the name of the object - THX @JakeTrans
- fixed a crash that could happen when there was no information about the new leader in the "new_site_leader" event due to hf culling

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data. The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in the Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!

I could load various test saves without problems, hopefully I got the majority of compatiblity issues with the new DFHack version.
If there are still crashes during loading or other bugs, please let me know here or on the Github Issues Page and include versions of DF and DFHack as well as the exported files or the save game.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2020, 02:07:51 pm »

Thanks!

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2020, 10:58:39 pm »

I have a small request. Could you make a dark mode version? I like how easy it is to comb threw my world's history, but the white background strain my eyes. Focing me to use df's legend mode sometimes because the color scheme in df's legend mode feels more comforting.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2020, 07:22:36 am »

### Bugfixes
- added TitleRaceString and changed the ObjectListView to show the name of Race rather than the name of the object - THX @JakeTrans

There seems to be something of the kind still hanging around in the Advanced Search functionality specifically, however. When the Race parameter is combined with any other parameter - or left as default - this happens:
System.InvalidOperationException: The binary operator Equal is not defined for the types 'LegendsViewer.Legends.CreatureInfo' and 'System.String'.
   at System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.GetEqualityComparisonOperator(ExpressionType binaryType, String opName, Expression left, Expression right, Boolean liftToNull)
   at System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.Equal(Expression left, Expression right, Boolean liftToNull, MethodInfo method)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.SearchInfo`1.GetComparer(Expression property)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.SearchInfo`1.GetPredicate()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.SearchList`1.Search(List`1 searchCriteria)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.QueryControl.Search(CriteriaLine criteria)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.CriteriaLine.GetValueOptions()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.PropertyBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

File: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15186

Lemel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2020, 12:44:12 pm »

Nevermind, turns out PyLNP had an outdated version of legend viewer. Downloaded a new version and everything works now

Trying to use this app to check on my world (want to figure out why im not getting migrants or caravans) and i ran into a problem.

I used DFHack to export information from the game (i even used exportlegends all, but also tried using exportlegends info). When i press "..." button on the left of Legends XML / Archive i can see 2 files, one with the name "region3-00250-11-09-legends", and one with the name "region3-00250-11-09-legends_plus". I open the regular one, then everything below Legends XML / Archive things lights up green. After a couple seconds i get this pop up.
Spoiler: details (click to show/hide)

If i click continue, programm behaves like i just opened it. Pressing any other buttons doesnt do anything and i can try opening legends files again
Looks like error occurs when loading Events (as seen on this screenshot)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:50:45 pm by Lemel »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2020, 04:42:10 pm »

New Release 1.20.06!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
# Advanced Search Overhaul

### Advanced Search
- the advanced search feature got an complete overhaul
- now works with property attributes and is far better maintainable
- button for the advanced search was added to the top of the content pages

### Enhancements
- added structures to advanced search
- added raids to advanced search
- added written content to advanced search
- included and changed lots of allowed search properties

### Bugfixes
- lots of crash fixes related to the advanced search

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and
less UNKNOWN data. The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually
included in the Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!

@Silverwing235
I finally had time to take a closer look at the advanced search feature! Sorry it took so long.
There are still minor issues when nesting lots of conditions, but such things should no longer lead to crashes, instead will return no results.

@Lemel
Good to hear that everything worked out in the end.

@Luckyowl
Thanks, I'll make a note, but I fear that would be a lot of work because the whole Windows Forms part of the project is not very cooperative in that regard.

garlicfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2020, 08:08:59 pm »

I'm getting the *EXACT* same issue as Lemel.

I downloaded 1.20.06, and the issue persists.

I've had the issue happen using both the native export function in DF and using DFHack.

I did get one export to load when I did it immediately after world gen but before starting a fortress. But later, when I had an active fortress, I used DFHack's open-legends to export, and got the LV error.

I uploaded both the working export and the one causing the error to DFFD here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15275

I'm hoping there's a fix for this -- I love Legends Viewer and would really like to use it again!

Again, I'm not reposting the error text because Lemel already did that, and it's exactly the same.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06b | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2020, 03:33:15 pm »

New Release 1.20.06b!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
1.20.06b
# Hotfix

* supporting a changed data type of the newest DFHack that caused crashes in Legends Viewer

I'm getting the *EXACT* same issue as Lemel.

I downloaded 1.20.06, and the issue persists.

I've had the issue happen using both the native export function in DF and using DFHack.

I did get one export to load when I did it immediately after world gen but before starting a fortress. But later, when I had an active fortress, I used DFHack's open-legends to export, and got the LV error.

I uploaded both the working export and the one causing the error to DFFD here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15275

I'm hoping there's a fix for this -- I love Legends Viewer and would really like to use it again!

Again, I'm not reposting the error text because Lemel already did that, and it's exactly the same.

Thanks for posting! It is not the exact same issue, only related and results in the same error message.
Looks like one more property that got changed by DFHack from a number to a text.

Here is the hotfix release that should hopefully get rid of the last of these issues.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:32:49 pm by Kromtec »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31