Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Technology Takeover (suggestion game)  (Read 6907 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
You Can't Die: Technology Takeover (suggestion game)
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:07:32 pm »

You Can't Die: Technology Takeover
You just finished watching the Terminator, and had a momentary thought: What would it actually be like if all machines turned against humanity? Laughing, you go to bed and shut off the light. You set your alarm for 6:30 so you would have time to get to your job. You have pleasant thoughts as you drift to sleep.

You wake up to the sound of your alarm ringing. But you feel so tired. There is no way it is 6:30. You look outside, and sure enough, it is dark. You hear your phone ringing, and pick it up. The phone says it is 6:32, so unless your phone and alarm clock are conspiring against you, it really is time to go to work. You answer the phone, but hear only static. You hang up and try to remember what to do through your groggy head.

This is a storytelling game where the protagonist is a complete and utter badass. Every action the character does will be performed flawlessly, no matter how improbable or ridiculous. The story as of now has almost no plot, I will make up the plot as the story progresses based on your decisions.
Rules:
-Your suggestions can be extremely improbable and ridiculous, but not anything that is impossible for a human to do. For example, "throw a rock to deflect the arrow in midair, and have the rock continue on to hit soldier one in the head while the arrow is deflected and hits soldier two in the chest." Is perfect, but "Become a wizard and shoot fireballs at both soldiers." Will not be accepted.
-Try to keep your suggestions interesting and unique. Don't use the same action over and over again, or say "kill everything." It will make it more entertaining if you are more specific and creative with your suggestions.
-Do not manipulate the environment. Instead, give suggestions for how the character can deal with the current situation. No matter what action you suggest, the character won't die.
-Don't be a troll. Suggestions like, "kill yourself." Will not be accepted.
-More rules as needed.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Technology Takeover (suggestion game)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »

cook breakfast and brush your teeth and listen to our how to speak farci CD all at the same time .

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:35:05 pm »

You put your foreign language CD into the player, listen to the words and drone them under your breath. You go to the kitchen and place some oatmeal in the microwave. You set the clock for 90 seconds and go to the bathroom to brush your teeth. After one minute of brushing (you never cared about what the dentist said) you rinse and go back for you food. But the microwave did not stop once the timer reached zero. It was still heating up your food. At that moment, your alarm started ringing again, as did your phone and washing machine. But worst of all, your car started honking and revving its engine! Was someone stealing your car!?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:04:57 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:05 pm »

look out the window to check weather my car is really being stolen while I put on my coat and grab my taser if it is I quickly run out side to stop the thief also call the police on the way outside

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »

Ignoring your food and alarm, you grab your phone, ignore whoever was calling you, and dial 911. The phone, however, does not call the police. The second you punch in the number, the phone starts playing loud music, vibrating, and turning its flashlight and sceen on and off. You throw your phone on the ground and grab your taser. You charge out the door to your driveway and are deafened by every single car on the street honking. However, only a few cars are revving their engines. There is nobody in the car, and there was no sign of someone trying to get it. You head back inside the house to get out of the deafening noise, but it isn't much better inside. Your alarm, computer, phone, washing machine, oven, microwave... everything was making their obnoxious beeping noise at the same time. Your oatmeal in the microwave was bubbling because the microwave was still running. What was happening!?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »

put in some earplugs then go take a quick shower my oatmeal is ruined anyways
P.s.is our CD player still working or has that gone haywire as well

Edit:don't forget to sing blues in the shower.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:14:54 pm by High tyrol »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 02:24:55 pm »

You grab some earplugs and shove them in your ears. It's too early to deal with this stuff. You walk past your CD player and notice that it has found a Farci radio channel and is blasting it loud enough for you to hear it through your earplugs. You close the bathroom door and take a shower. Everything will be fine. It's probably just a hallucination. You take a shower and let the warm water wake you up. You were halfway done when the fire alarm went off. You rush out naked and see that the microwave was still on, and your oatmeal had caught fire. Everything was still beeping except now the fire alarm was as well.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »

hose micro wave with our fire extinguisher then get dressed in moderately nice clothes and pack a sudden bag with sports clothes then grab an apple,a carrot, and a banana and place it in a plastic bag also invent a new blues song about what a horrible day this is.
This a horrible day
My microwave just went away
Oh, my CD player it just had to go haywire
And my oatmeal, it caught fire
Ect.....

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

You grab the fire extinguisher, open the microwave, and unload into what used to be your oatmeal. The Carbon Dioxide engulfs the flame and smothers the fire, leaving only a black char. However, you notice that the microwave was still on, even though the door was opened. You slam the door shut, grab some food, quickly get changed in a tuxedo, throw some gym clothes in you bag, and rush outside. Already, you see an orange glow around the horizon. And a few houses neraby were on fire. All the cars were honking, and some of the newer models had turned themselves on and were revving their engines... yours included. Thankfully, whatever had made the cars go haywire was unable to shift them out of park. Taking the car was not going to work, but you had to get away from here before you were engulfed by a massive inferno.

A song starts to form in your head, and you start singing aloud as the world gets destroyed around you:

This a horrible day
My microwave just went away
Oh, my CD player it just had to go haywire
And my oatmeal, it caught fire
Alarm clock woke me up early
It can't get any worse, surely.
Fire's spreading everywhere
I really don't have any time to spare.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 04:02:41 pm »

walk to the town hal L where my job is singbutcher various lines from Handel's Messiah as I walk to work
"At least I can get some training in for the half-marathon I hope to run"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »

You completely change songs for whatever reason and start marching towards the town hall. People are stating a mass exodus of their towns and streets. Most of them carrying large bags of food, and some of them even on bicycles. You notice the fires getting worse behind you, so you pick up the pace to a jog. You have been training for a half-marathon, so even with the food you're carry ting, it isn't so bad. And the cool night air almost completely negates the discomfort of wearing a three-piece suit. You were about halfway to the town center when a car comes barreling down the road at you. The drive was furiously banging everything, but could not get the car to stop. The car heads straight for you.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 11:43:08 pm »

Smile devilously and charge, screaming: HRRRGGGNNN!, at the top of your lungs.
Kick the hood of the Car, putting it to a complete stop. Briskly walk to the Driver's side door and rip it open, saving the person from the rogue Car-turned-against-owner.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 09:45:47 am »

You let out a bloodcurdling screem through a sinister sneer. You then leap in the ain, and kick the car with enough force to stop it completely. Unfortunately, due to the laws of physics, you were sent flying backwards at around 50 miles per hour. You tumble on the road and your three piece suit gets completely torn. Fortunately, the driver managd to keep his car stopped with the parking brake and regular brake pressed down as hard as he could. But the car was still trying to break free and wreak more havok. You rip the car door off its hinges, but the man can't get out for fear of losing the brake. He showed you the keys and said "It has a mind of its own! You have to make the engine stop!"

Nunzillor

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

Rip off the hood of the car and start frantically disassembling it.  Use the pieces to create a mechanical mechsuit.  Hop in the suit, and tame it if it starts to get unruly.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:59 am »

You punch the "pop hood" button and rip the hood of the car off its hinges. The car starts running its engine so fast that sparks start flying out. You hear a cry from inside the car and see that the airbag had blown in the drivers face, and that made his foot come off the pedal. The car starts blindly driving once again, but you disconnect one of the wires to the battery, and the engine sputters, then stops. You run back and pull the man out of his car, and laugh when you see the ridiculous position his chair was in. You continue running towards the town center, ignoring the flaming buildings all around you. People are running everywhere, and crashed cars are all around you. But finally, you make it to the Town hall. Miraculously, the building is not on fire. You swipe your card to gain entry, but the door does not unlock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8