Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 50288 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/1]
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »

(SV mirror)

What sort of key is that even?
Find this out
○ Lowest note sounds like a C maybe? You're not super well-versed in keys or scales, at least not enough to name this one by ear. Maybe you guys could help with that?

Quote from: Skewfiend
Keep your back to the light and continue scrutinising the apparent source of the song, unless it makes any sudden moves.
Greet the creature making the music.
Make a Perception roll if that's the best approach.

Really unsure if we're being rude interrupting a person's music, but best just announce ourselves because given the lighting and such, we're clearly visible. Although that darkness is pretty palpable. Wondering if that creature has an aura or something, or it's just the bad lighting conditions :P
Given that the last... person(?)... you met here tried to slice you, cautious observation does seem prudent.
○ There's just not enough light to make out anything further. Though the darkness doesn't look unnatural. Whoever or whatever's there, they seem pretty wrapped up in that music. Guess you might as well test the waters. There's plenty of room to run, at least.

"Ahem"

"Hmm?"

"Who's there?"

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:51:19 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/6]
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2016, 01:17:05 am »

...I'm having a peculiar feeling that it only sees in darkness. However strange that may sound, given that it probably didn't notice us with the light as our backdrop.

That said, that's a really cute image of that creature. Either that or it's the eyes. :P

Greet it cordially and casually, introduce your name and where you are, maybe even what you are. Be forward and calming.
Also that music is nice.

This is apparently the first creature that didn't want to kill us, seemingly! Hello new friend!

I tried replicating it (offline sadly), and the music is quite nice :3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2016, 10:04:01 am »

I meant key as in, like, C Major (which it is not because all of those sharps...).

It's treble clef.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2016, 05:37:05 pm »

(SV mirror here)

I meant key as in, like, C Major (which it is not because all of those sharps...).

It's treble clef.

Well yeah, I know that, but isn't the lowest note usually indicative of the key? Again, not quite well-versed in what all the keys are.

...I'm having a peculiar feeling that it only sees in darkness. However strange that may sound, given that it probably didn't notice us with the light as our backdrop.

That said, that's a really cute image of that creature. Either that or it's the eyes. :P

Greet it cordially and casually, introduce your name and where you are, maybe even what you are. Be forward and calming.
Also that music is nice.

This is apparently the first creature that didn't want to kill us, seemingly! Hello new friend!
Quote from: Skewfiend
It speaks our language, this is good.
I'd tell them your name and that you are someone that got trapped here, and ask them the same question.

"Hey there! My name is Noir, pleased to meet you. I think I've gotten trapped down here. Erm... that's some nice music you were playing. Can I ask who you are?"

"Hmm? A new name? And a new voice. Guess we haven't met before, then." The voice sounds like a hoarse, raised whisper, or that of a man with a very bad cold.

"So, you're new? Were you made today?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/7]
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2016, 12:24:29 am »

+1 to Derm's comment, since somehow he's posted in the other forum than here. :P

Also probably mention that "I'm not from here and would like help knowing more about this place".
...Worded in Noir's way of speaking.

Because I'm very tired and can't think of anything better at the moment. :/

E: Also those three line strokes. That's really nice representing someone in thought.

Double edit: Wait, being curious helps more it seems.

2x Edit: ...This really reminds me of 'we're possibly talking to a spirit or other entity'. A construct spirit? Am leaving the suggested words unedited up there because I really get the impression that it's a simple rather than an innocuous question.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:33:05 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »

No, it isn't. The key is more about what note the song resolves to.

Honestly, I don't know what key this is either, but it's not a major or minor key of any flavor.  The song's behaving too differently.

Maybe ask?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2016, 02:16:24 am »

Maybe ask?
This, and Derm's suggestion, all before mine if possible. :P

Edit: I checked the inventory if we could use anything and the only thing that comes theoretically to mind is the flashlight.

Mention that you'd like to use a flashlight (or something) to see better; if it's an affirmative, use flashlight on nice orange eyed creature. If an inquisitive response is had, respond openly in turn.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:04:14 am by Tiruin »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2016, 05:07:35 am »

(SV mirror here)

Quote from: Dermonster
"... I'm new here, yeah."
+1 to Derm's comment, since somehow he's posted in the other forum than here. :P

Also probably mention that "I'm not from here and would like help knowing more about this place".
...Worded in Noir's way of speaking.

Because I'm very tired and can't think of anything better at the moment. :/

E: Also those three line strokes. That's really nice representing someone in thought.

Double edit: Wait, being curious helps more it seems.

2x Edit: ...This really reminds me of 'we're possibly talking to a spirit or other entity'. A construct spirit? Am leaving the suggested words unedited up there because I really get the impression that it's a simple rather than an innocuous question.

"I'm new here, yeah," you answer. "Which is to say, I'm not from here, but I did come down here and I'm not sure if I can get back. So, I could really use some help."

"Down here? From above? Is someone making them up there now? Hmm, don't think the Antibody would allow that... or could you mean you came from outside? No, he most surely wouldn't allow that..."

Maybe ask?
This, and Derm's suggestion, all before mine if possible. :P

Edit: I checked the inventory if we could use anything and the only thing that comes theoretically to mind is the flashlight.

Mention that you'd like to use a flashlight (or something) to see better; if it's an affirmative, use flashlight on nice orange eyed creature. If an inquisitive response is had, respond openly in turn.
Brushing aside your confusion at this for now until you can properly formulate a question, you turn towards a different question. "Hey, do you mind if I shine a light?"

"Go ahead," says the voice.

"Hmm, when you say 'down'... do you mean from up the hall? Oh, but didn't you ask something before then...?"

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:09:39 am by HugoLuman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/12]
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2016, 05:10:16 am »

(Apologies for the cutoffs on some suggestions these past two updates)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/12]
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2016, 08:24:50 am »

(Apologies for the cutoffs on some suggestions these past two updates)
What cutoffs? :P This is fun!

Also Antibody? ...Must be the guardian up there that sealed our curiosity in. So it WAS hostile and had a death-sword-of-anti-spirit-ing.
Wonder if those glyphs translate to anything along that theme?

Compliment his style and clothing, along with the nice saxophone. Say an agreement to 'down the hall', then redirect the questioning to asking it for a nice tour around, or a guide, or some details for familiarizing oneself with the place.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/24]
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2016, 11:45:45 pm »

(SV Mirror here)
(Also, can I get some feedback on the game so far?)

Also Antibody? ...Must be the guardian up there that sealed our curiosity in. So it WAS hostile and had a death-sword-of-anti-spirit-ing.
Wonder if those glyphs translate to anything along that theme?

Compliment his style and clothing, along with the nice saxophone. Say an agreement to 'down the hall', then redirect the questioning to asking it for a nice tour around, or a guide, or some details for familiarizing oneself with the place.

"Yes, actually, to both," you say, though ○ not entirely sure what 'up the hall' might imply. "Being new here and all, I have a lot of questions. For starters, could you give me directions? And nice clothes and sax, by the way."

"Hmm. Thanks, I guess. You really are fresh, aren't you? Niceness and sanity... I suppose someone should teach you. Alright,"

"Welcome to the Garden. Home of unnatural things. You and me and everyone down here, we're not real,"

"Just sick jokes of what is. And that's why we can't leave. Don't belong out there. In other words, you're stuck here with the rest of us broken things. Some a lot more broken than others. So I just keep to myself and out of trouble. It's a real mess down here, and they're always messing with the directions. This bit tends to stay, though, and maybe some others. Just a real mess asides. But I guess you could find something to keep you busy if you look around. Or maybe you'd just get lost..."

"Hmm, Noir was it? Nice name. I don't think anyone ever gave me a name."

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:48:04 pm by HugoLuman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2016, 11:50:14 pm »

Sax sounds like a good name :D

* Tiruin is not good with names. Please do not quote her unless you think it's good.

(Also, can I get some feedback on the game so far?)
Seems like it's slowed down due to holidays--because times like these in an ISG is where activity is the main push of any progress. It's going very well IMO, though.

Get a nearby layout of the area. Until where is their estimate of 'change' and 'unchange'. Mention the glowing-pipe mechanism you saw earlier, and then ask for help in learning what the symbols you saw, mean.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2016, 12:16:06 am »

Ask if they'd like a name?
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2016, 02:46:26 am »

(Sorry Tir, I'll get yours in the next one. Looks like things get messy during conversations and I have to add instructions to a backlog)

Quote from: Dermonster
"... do you want one?"
Ask if they'd like a name?

"Well... would you like one?"

"You're offering... to name me?

That's..."

"..."

"...that's very kind. I think."

"What would you... name me?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2016, 05:09:36 pm »

(If there are no objections, I'm going with "Citrine" as that has the most support)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16