Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Dancing Demons (Post-Apoc/Sci-Fi Base Mgmt SG)  (Read 5895 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
The Dancing Demons (Post-Apoc/Sci-Fi Base Mgmt SG)
« on: July 31, 2016, 01:35:36 am »

Current Turn

It was over thirty years ago when the final transmission from the Core system came in.  An attack by an unknown force was underway and all hyperspace capable craft were to be recalled to return with as many military forces that they can carry to aid in the defense. The omnidirectional alert ordered the craft to jump to a different separate location before the jump to the core systems to obfuscate the directions of the colonies, and all colonies were to cease all transmissions until the attack ceased. The Core may have fallen, it may not have.  No craft have returned, and there is no longer any way to receive extrasolar messages.

Upon the removal of the hyperspace capable craft and the soldiers they could carry, the government was low upon military forces to call upon to suppress insurrectionist movements that were common in the colonies.  This lack combined with the increased burden placed upon the colonial population, allowed for one movement to gain enough support to launch a successful coup.  However, damage sustained in the attack upon the capital resulted in the loss of the extrastellar communication array and heavy damage to the colony's technological databases.  To make things worse, the rebellion was not successful in forming its own government in the aftermath, and the colony fell into anarchy, various warlords vying for control over the various regions of the colony.

We are the ________, a mercenary group formerly under the command of the warlord Withered Hawke before his death in battle against some new force from the eastern deserts.  Our contract expired, our force headed south into the badlands.  We had gotten some word of some jobs in the direction.  That was when we came across it.  An old military base, its surface occupants apparently killed by any one of numerous raider groups that were known to inhabit this area.  Notably, some blast doors built into a nearby cliffside were intact, with only relatively minor damage to the outer surface. There were enough supplies here that we determined it worth our time to search the area, with a few more opportunistic individuals seeking to find a way to open the blast doors.

Spoiler: Unknown Military Base (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn Actions (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:22:25 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Think I got everything necessary in there now.  May have forgotten something, but it's 2 am where I'm at, and I need to sleep.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*

Organizational Name: The Dancing Demons
Commander: Aristophanes "Ari" Burke
Other Notable Personnel: Leslie Vakardin ( second in command ), Julius Jackson ( smuggler/equipment procurer )

Attributes  (30/30 points assigned)
Organizational Diplomacy: 3
Personnel Number: 1
Personnel Skill: 5
Personnel Weaponry: 4
Personnel Armor: 2
Vehicle Number: 3
Vehicular Augmentations: 3
Technological Expertise: 3
Scavenging Expertise: 4
Industrial Expertise: 2

I'm thinking a smaller, very well trained and nicely armed raiding force would serve well, emphasis on scavenging and making use of found tech.  Mobility over numbers, essentially.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*

Other Notable Personnel: Leslie Vakardin ( second in command ), Julius Jackson ( smuggler/equipment procurer )

I'm thinking a smaller, very well trained and nicely armed raiding force would serve well, emphasis on scavenging and making use of found tech.  Mobility over numbers, essentially.

Might want to round out some of those to 3s to get the full +1 bonus right off the bat and not waste points.

Organizational Name: Armor Battalion Psi
Commander: Sasha "Ironsides" Viellai
Other Notable Personnel: Mhorga Shavtval (Blades{Infantry} Master) , The Blue Bandit (Special Operations and Internal Security)

Organizational Diplomacy: 0
Personnel Number: 10
Personnel Skill: 3
Personnel Weaponry: 2
Vehicle Number: 5
Technological Expertise: 0
Scavenging Expertise: 0
Industrial Expertise: 0

A larger mercenary operation use to operating under a larger supply chain during contracts.  Though honestly I like The Dancing Demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Other Notable Personnel: Mhorga Shavtval (Blades{Infantry} Master) , The Blue Bandit (Special Operations and Internal Security)

A larger mercenary operation use to operating under a larger supply chain during contracts.  Though honestly I like The Dancing Demons.

I was just going to suggest this exact thing, mercenary numpties trying to survive on their own. +1!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was just going to suggest this exact thing, mercenary numpties trying to survive on their own. +1!

I was thinking of scraping some personnel for at least a +1 in scavenging or tech, or maybe a bit more starting weaponry, but I was not sure.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*

+1. The slightly uneven numbers just mean that once we're able to level up, we can more immediately secure those bonuses. In the mean time, there's a solid chance of getting the bonus anyway.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*

+1. The slightly uneven numbers just mean that once we're able to level up, we can more immediately secure those bonuses. In the mean time, there's a solid chance of getting the bonus anyway.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Difference between the two suggested sheets is only 3-2, so I'm not going to call it yet.  If ten people vote and one sheet has at least 2/3 of the votes or there still exists a simple majority in 8 hours, I'll call the victor.

Going to bind the actions/turn to be 1 additional action per twenty additional personnel (will use the same 'proportional being a chance' as others).  Do keep in mind the proportional increase is just for initial stocks, and the amount of food and water found is not increased with just increasing personnel.  Makes it a trade-off of more actions, but harder to feed the group.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are we going scavengers when we be the scions of the post apocalypse? Anyway, Putting points into industrial expertise seems a smarter option, since that enables us to build more vehicles and gear, and maintain them accordingly. Could even use that to build mines and such too. One thing is for certain though, the base is going to be a focal point, and we should expect to end playing mercenary and put down roots at the base soon. Also, given that putting points into infantry weapons is a little redundant at lower values due to the fact that most conventional ballistics aren't going to improve significantly (And at a 1960s level of tech, we have a well-rounded assortment of weapons anyway)

Also I wouldn't mind the sheet creators stuffing a little more fluff into them, really help flesh them out and detail them.

Organisational Name: Parasdine Company
Commander: Kasara Alevanari (Female, 40 years old)
Other Notable Personnel:
- Doghal Tol (Male, 32, Company Lead Engineer)
- Erina Soraval (Female, 31, Second in command/Adjundant)
- Erik Jamtalav (Male, 50, Civilian/Dependants Rep)

-Organisational Diplomacy: 0
--"We were the lot told to go here and shoot stuff for the most part. Sure there were contract negotiations but we usually to the terms as offered. As such we don't really have any special expertise in diplomacy."

-Personnel Number: 1
-Personnel Skill: 6
-Personnel Weaponry: 0
-Personnel Armour: 10
--"Not the most numerous, but between the training and our particularly high quality armour we got by pretty well."

-Vehicle Number: 0
-Vehicular Augmentations: 0
--"We didn't really focus on our vehicles being anything other than transport, though no-one really bothered to get close given our weaponry and armour. No-one likes being fired at by a few dozen MGs"

-Technological Expertise: 3
-Scavenging Expertise: 0
-Industrial Expertise: 10
--"Our biggest secret to success was making a mobile factory of sorts out of the convoy's largest truck, and with just about everyone knowing how to build and maintain our gear we aren't going to be losing that knowledge any time soon. If anything, we could start fabricating more advanced gear on short notice."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*

Personnel Number: 4
Scavenging Expertise: 3

Considering the new personnel rules, I edited the Demons slightly as a suggestion. Personnel Skill and Scavenging Expertise were lowered to 3 to keep the +1 and raised Personnel Number to 4 to get 2 additional actions. This will allow us to use 2 or 3 actions Scavenging while allowing us to regularly make improvements, repair things, or take jobs. Or we could double down in any area and get things down all the quicker.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Hey, if a brief description of the appearance and personality of the commander and notable personnel were added, I might be able to have turns written in the form of a mission briefing between the personnel, if people were to want that.

Looking things over, it looks like I'm going to rescale armor to be 5 years/point.  The two major reasons for this change is me really not certain why I set them to scale differently, combined with not really being certain what 2060 equivalent armor would be like.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:59:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'd still have the same problem, it'd just take more points to get there. As for the reasons why it scales differently, I'd say it just needs to be weapons that go up in ten year increments; five years isn't a significant improvement for small arms. Otherwise, it's not too significant in improvement in comparison to small arms; the only thing a 1950s/1960s rifle needs to defeat modern body armour is either good aim or modern AP munitions and a large enough round with said AP rounds.

As for knowing what it looks like, it shouldn't be too difficult. Just look up the infantry art for C&C 2 and three and you likely have a good idea where to start.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5