Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Maid RPG: Chaos, Destruction and Frilly Outfits (Signups And Reports)  (Read 4916 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Maid RPG

What is Maid RPG?

As you might have guessed from the name, it's an RPG where players take on the roles of maids (for reference) in service to a Master, utilizing their attributes, abilities and unique Special Qualities to compete for the Master's Favor, and invariably incurring Stress as shenanigans, antics and all manner of other hilarity ensues. It's a good, simple and silly game that's easy to get into, simple to play and produces quite a lot of amusement when all goes well.

How do I join?

Post in-thread to express interest or join the Discord server. I'll see how many we get and figure things out from there.

How do I play?

Reading the rules is entirely optional. Suffice to say, for most things you roll a d6 that you multiply by your relevant Attribute (decided ahead of time), and pretty much everything else is done by the GM. Of course, if you are interested in the rules and can hunt down the rulebook, they're not difficult to read either.

To play, you'll need to generate a character. Maid RPG characters are mostly randomly generated, so character creation is a very simple process if you use the online maid generator that is generously available on the Internet. Go ahead, give it a whirl. The results from the generator should tell you all you need to know about what you can expect from the game.

How do we play?

I can accommodate a variety of time zones as GM, particularly on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I've little doubt I can schedule something as long as we don't get a spread of like 16 hours. Depending on what people are more comfortable with, I can do voice (over Discord with visual stuff on Roll20) or text (purely over Roll20), or perhaps something else if enough people want it. Maid RPG is flexible in this regard. It's also flexible in that it's built to easily enable one-shots, so you can explore a lot of different settings and ideas across sessions.

Any guidelines?

Don't be super creepy. Or at least keep it hidden underneath a mask of sanity. Or if you can't do that, have the decency to form a splinter faction within the players and vent your unseemly impulses in a healthy fashion far away from the eyes of decent folk like the rest of us playing a game about girls in frilly outfits getting up to funny business.

Also, don't take things too seriously, though this should go without saying. I certainly don't plan to do so.

Finally, while maid-based anime is the main inspiration for the RPG, we're probably going to be treading ground that, if not necessarily more unusual, is likely to be at least somewhat different simply because I'm not that into anime. So if you're particularly allergic to a lot of the tropes, there's a decent chance we'll be avoiding some of the worst stuff.

LINKS:

Character Generator: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/j9vCQG8
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:17:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yes. Yes yes yes. Well, only if it's not voice chat. Play-by-post would be even better but that might not work for this sort of game, but text should work depending on time.

By the way, you can set an invite to last indefinitely.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Sure, lesgo.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, lesgo.

Get yourself up into Discord then. Gonna wait for a couple more people and then we can start considering times and so forth.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Huh.  I don't have to worry about chargen this can only be good.

Is play-by-post an option?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh.  I don't have to worry about chargen this can only be good.

Is play-by-post an option?

Play-by-post is not an option.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I'm up for this! Text and voice are both just fine.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'm down for non-voice.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm up for this! Text and voice are both just fine.

Get on Discord then, and we'll work out details.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm up for non-voice, if this is still open.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm up for non-voice, if this is still open.

It's not so much a single game as a platform to play a bunch of them over time. We've already got 4 people or thereabouts for a session on Wednesday afternoon America-time, and there'll be more on the way. Most of the discussion and questions are on Discord, so if you're up to joining for a game or two, go right in.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Hallo
Am comfortable with voice, but not sure about constant availability
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Episode 1: Erica Pulls An Art Heist and Raiko Tears Off Her Clothes
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

kinky
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3