Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Wizard (Room 2)(Tomasque now in charge)  (Read 21059 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
You are a Wizard (Room 2)(Tomasque now in charge)
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:29:40 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You are a wizard in training who has had their master die before your training could be completed.  Rather than searching for a new master, you instead followed what was done in the tales and marched off to the dungeon containing the person who killed your master.  You hope to avenge his death with your meager training, but are uncertain as to how effective you will be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:51:53 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Wizard (0/5+)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:40 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:26:01 pm »

Enter.

Name: Zan
Appearance: Zan appears to be a human... paladin.
Backstory: Zan is a human paladin since several years ago. Then he got hit by an odd bolt from a magical artifact and woke up with the memories of a thousand-year-old evil wizard. He promptly underwent training to get his wizard powers under control... then his master died. Time for a paladin's justice.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »

ENTER.
Name: Zachimodo
Appearance: Zach appears to be a human... Child.
Backstory: Zach Drank a Potion of Age reversal and was promptly told by it's maker he'd have to make A new one. Quite a bit more recently his "Master" Was crushed by Several One ton Rocks that Fell out of the sky.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:43:28 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:55:30 pm »

Enter

Name: Félix
Appearance: A young cloaked man, blindfolded with a mask.
Backstory: Félix lived most of his childhood as a street urchin in a far-off country, until he met in the street a wizard, who came as an ambassador of this land. Trying to imitate him without any knowledge of magic, he accidently displayed a great talent for binding life energy. On his travels back home, the wizard decided to take the kid with him, to show him to a master who would help him control his powers better. He eventually became experienced enough in scrying to see the world around him better through the flow of energy than with his own eyes. He felt like he owed too much to his master to just dismiss this part of his life after his death, so he went to the dungeon along with his fellow apprentices to avenge him.

Feel free to call him Cliché Man, I don't have any RP experience.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:35:10 pm »

Enter

Name: Micheal Flannigan
Appearance: A middle-aged man with graying hair and a small beard. His simple house clothes cover muscles hardened by decades of an even harder life.
Backstory: He started his training in his late forties, from an old wizard who frequented his inn and with whom he had struck up a casual friendship. Realizing the potential for a better life, he sold the inn and used the money to sustain himself while he trained with the old man for hours each day. The old man was delighted, and it seemed that he would finally have a true apprentice, when suddenly the fate that befell his previous trainee struck him. Murdered by an old enemy, the wizard had no one to continue his legacy except for the grieving ex-inkeeper, who chose to avenge his friend and punish the one who killed his master.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 05:42:03 pm »

Enter

Name: Jonas Rasmussen
Appearance: An old man, with a magnificent white beard that stretches down to his knees, dressed in deep blue robes, and a cap, ending in a rather wilted point.
Backstory: Magic was a very late calling for Jonas. He was born the son of a smith, and took an apprenticeship with a traveling tinker at a young age. He took well to the traveling life, and the tinker profession, and took over the business after his master grew too old to continue his life on the road. He did well for himself, and eventually took an apprentice himself, who he passed the business onto when he met a kind widower, and settled down. It took him a decade of married life to realize how much he missed life on the road. He bought a wagon, some tinker tools, and set out, with his wife by his side. She succumbed to a fever a few months later in the middle of nowhere, at the gate of wizard's tower. Having lost their cart, horses and all their material possessions to bandits, Jonas begged the wizard for help, some way to restore his wife to life.
And so began his magical education.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »

When we write down a scroll, do we know what effect it will have when we read it?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

When we write down a scroll, do we know what effect it will have when we read it?

Yes.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 06:17:17 pm »

Enter

Name: Nix
Appearance: A moustachioed gentleman in long black robes, with a very large purple turban sitting on his only slightly smaller head.
Backstory: A seeker of knowledge in all its forms, Nix roamed the land finding teachers, learning here and there from any he could find.  Magic, the purest form of knowledge affecting reality, seemed a logical choice.  To his surprise, he found a teacher willing to teach him all that he knew, and the two became friends.  Before Nix could learn what he desired, his friend was taken from him.  For the first time, motivated by more than just curiosity, Nix ventures into a dungeon with anger in his heart.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 09:49:53 am »

Name: The Shamed One
Appearance: Is surrounded by a cloak of darkness.
Backstory: In his culture, losing one's master is a huge stigma unless you avenge them. The cloak of darkness is the magical equivalent of a paper bag over the head.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 12:40:06 pm »

Huh.  Would have thought there would be at least one female character when seven sheets were sent in.

Anyway, selection will be in roughly two hours.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Wizard (Replacement List Open)
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 01:48:06 pm »

Room 1

The group of five wizards enter a stone room with a wooden door with five locks on the opposite side.  There are five giant rats in the room wearing collars with keys.  Pretty sure you can figure out what to do.

Begin Room

Currently Active

Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felissan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Replacements for when the Above Die

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Wizard (Room 1)(Replacement List Open)
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 04:52:28 pm »

Write a spell on paper.

((I'm assuming we don't get any initial spells?))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:57:15 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Wizard (Room 1)(Replacement List Open)
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »

Write A Spell on paper.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13