Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Inarin: Your Fate Aligns the World - PROLOGUE  (Read 3582 times)

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
Inarin: Your Fate Aligns the World - PROLOGUE
« on: September 18, 2016, 08:56:00 pm »

You only remember drifting to sleep. Every night, you relent your senses and consciousness to the Sandman. But tonight, there is something else is store for you. You wake up, but it feels like you've woken up in reality. You know you aren't in the...real world, because you're in a dense forest, lit by small orange spheres that cling to every tree, every branch in sight. Everything about you is the same right down to your clothes, only you seem to have a necklace round your neck that you can't say you remember having picked up in your waking life. A simple nylon string that holds a small vial with faintly glowing purple fluid. This forest is beautiful, but what happens next takes you by surprise. Three objects blink to existence in front of you. A sword, a bow, and a staff.

Accept this destiny ...
Beware the Nightmares ...

Do you take one of the weapons?

Or, do you observe them first?

'Beware. For once you choose, they will come for you. You will know not peace.

((My first forum game. Don't worry; I should get better with practice. It's something light and 'meh' to see if people want this kind of thing around.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:46:23 pm by Weirdo »
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inarin: Your Fate Aligns the World - PROLOGUE
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:10:19 pm »

Bump.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:41 pm »

Observe
One wheel short of a wagon

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:17:10 pm »

take the bow
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 02:54:14 pm »

take nothing we go at this fist of the north star style

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »

For some reason, you reach for your necklace, thinking it would make a decent weapon. But no, the vial of purple fluid it holds is, you feel, too important to treat with such carelessness. Why would you even need a weapon in the first place? Everything is so peaceful. Then again, you felt those voices. The voices that told you to be wary of Nightmares. You opt to merely watch each weapon instead. First, you direct your glance to the sword.

A mighty weapon, with which to cut Nightmares in twain. Reliable, effective, an extension of one's body, this weapon will never fail to enforce its sharp will onto the bodies of its enemies.

Then the bow.

A quiet, ranged weapon that will guarantee safety as Nightmares are engaged from distance. They shall be pierced out of existence, or filled with countless arrows as each new opening illustrates the reason their demise is at hand.

Interesting. Then finally, the staff.

Power. The ability to shape one's will into force, into combative fury that rains destruction down on one's foes. To command the energies of Ether is to command life itself. Your enemies shall kneel to your awesome might, and Nightmares will fear you as a shining beacon, a warning on the horizon of their reckoning. One they can never touch, so long as thy rod is with you. At what cost does this power come?

Which do you choose?

Time runs out.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 05:33:59 pm »

The bow.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 01:53:31 am »

The bow.
+1. Barehands may be a poor idea.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 04:44:27 am »

The Staff.  Let's Gandalf the shit outta these Nightmares.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 08:24:12 am »

Simultaneously grasp the staff and the sword.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 06:35:25 pm »

The Staff.  Let's Gandalf the shit outta these Nightmares.
+1

Why would one/we even consider picking a sword or a bow over the power to reshape reality?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:52:53 pm »

No more than a handful of seconds after you grab the staff, do hordes of yellow circles appear in the treeline. You know, almost instinctively, what they belong to.

"Nightmares", you gasp. The eyes of Nightmares appear sporadically, but in short order become a light sea of creepy yellow spheres that you're not sure has an end.

Your fate is sealed.

You blink and suddenly, you're in a black void. The floor is made of stained glass. On it, an elegant woman. Or you think it's a woman. Hard to tell. There are no Nightmares around as far as you can tell. Where did they go? Where are you?

So, this is your choice.

"Hello? Who's there?" The voice, oddly enough, doesn't have a sound. It travels not through your ears, but through your mind.

The staff. The soul made manifest. Converted to willpower. To Ether. In order to become a true champion of the staff, someday you will have to let go. Will you be ready?

You hold the staff in front of you, parallel to the floor. "Let go? Of the staff? If I let it go, how will I become stronger? Where am I anyway? What is this about?"

Demonstrate your will.

Before you can protest, a shadow appears about a meter in front of you. The shadow takes form and develops two beady yellow eyes that send a slight shiver down your spine. You know what it is; you don't need to say its name. But this is the first time you're seeing a Nightmare's true form without the darkness of whatever that forest was to obscure its body. It displays its menacing teeth and growls for a moment, as if to size you up. It's like looking at pure evil. A small, black impish figure with two yellow eyes, abnormally large teeth and horns with a spaded tail.

Fight. Or submit. The choice...is yours.

The Nightmare gallops towards you and, wasting no time, sends a claw across your chest. Luckily, you dodge just in time, jumping backwards a few feet. You take this lull in combat to think.

> Fight: Aggressive Style
> Fight: Defensive Style
> Fight: Neutral Style

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 08:04:34 pm »

>Fight: Aggressive style

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 01:00:48 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 02:06:41 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4