Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Level Up III - Turn 2: ClassMart™: For All Your Vocational Needs!  (Read 14687 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So when you say furnishings, do you just mean furniture? Or are there glasses/tableware/more booze as well?
Just furniture, yeah.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

"OH FUCK, MY ARM."

Inject the strength formula into my stump, hoping for a pain numbing effect.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Something tells me the gem's just going to be sellable for money. Also, it seems only one point TOTAL regens per turn, not one point for each stat under max.

There wasn't really much to do. He couldn't fight the barbarian, or carry the gem in any way, so they simply sniffed around, then went outside the fence to look at buildings counterclockwise.

Edit: Also, attribute shift a block of Magic into Vitality.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:32:16 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"This alley seems shady. I must make sure nothing bad lurks within so that the good people of this...town? City?...uh...whatever, I'll just take peek to make sure it's safe."

Enter the shady alley and look where it goes. If at any point I come across something even vaguely resembling a weapon, like a piece of piping or a wooden plank, grab it. The followers of the god of war and courage aren't picky when it comes to their choice of skull-bashers.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

((I still have the buried legs modifier.))

Festi finally takes the gem.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thrognor! Your senseless assault serves no purpose, and you will surely be killed for this. Save your rage for true enemies and unleash it twofold upon foes whose goals truly oppose your own! You can't merely assault everyone you see..." Ted's lecture continues as he uses Dialectic Argument on the rampaging Orc, decrying the senseless violence and advocating fraternity.

Ted's also bad with names.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EP, I have two questions: First, if I did an act with the mere intention of practicing my skills, such as mimicking our bartender, would I get more XP for it? Second, does my Body shift only work with preexisting animals/monsters/beings? For example, could I simply turn my arms into wings and feet/lower legs into talons, or would I have to specify becoming a Harpy?

Anyway, for everyone else, what do you guys think your/other's future skills might be? I can see Varies getting a cheaper body shift for minor changes, such as turning forearms to blades or a normal human form into that of a similar human PC (or NPC), at the next level. Later, maybe, it could become easier(/less stat expensive) for her to become his previous form, or, much later, becoming a more abstract form, like water or a tiny storm. Just maybe, a spell-like ability that transforms a willing ally for a few turns.
For some of your characters, I can see Lonnie learning how to mix drinks or prepare some food, and our resident Philosopher may be able to "transcend" momentarily, getting a glimpse of meta knowledge he wouldn't know otherwise (for example, something that happened across the map, or a few turns in the past).
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

((I can see my paladin becoming either the classic tank, some kind of cleric who relies on prayers and divine magic, or my personal favourite, The loose cannon Paladin Cop who has no regards for mortal law in his quest for justice. "Freeze! Paladin! Everyone on the ground!"))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I can see my paladin becoming either the classic tank, some kind of cleric who relies on prayers and divine magic, or my personal favourite, The loose cannon Paladin Cop who has no regards for mortal law in his quest for justice. "Freeze! Paladin! Everyone on the ground!"))

A few things come to mind;

"Run! It's the Pa-Pa!"
"You have the right to remain silent! Anything you say can and will be used against you on the Day of Judgement!"
"They always die a day before martyrdom".

Makes me think a modern Fantasy FBI RTD might not be so bad an idea..

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

"Run! It's the Pa-Pa!"
"You have the right to remain silent! Anything you say can and will be used against you on the Day of Judgement!"

((Every part of this is sig-worthy. Which sucks for me because I'm too lazy to sig.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I don't really expect Ted to live long enough to realize his dreams of understanding the physical manifestations of the soul, the cores of light, truth, and desire, and getting names right the first time. ))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Run! It's the Pa-Pa!"

((Every part of this is sig-worthy. Which sucks for me because I'm too lazy to sig.))

So close! And on my third day here, too!
((I don't really expect Ted to live long enough to realize his dreams of understanding the physical manifestations of the soul, the cores of light, truth, and desire, and getting names right the first time. ))

That's pretty siggable. 70%, maybe...You know what? Why not?!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

((That assumes that I'll actually be able to level up, something I have absolutely no clue how I'm going to do. What would I do for XP besides try to stab people with a broken bottle?))

"I christen this bar as The Refuge, for it is my refuge from the insane sons of bitches outside."

Exit the bar, pick up the barstool, and pump 1 SPD to sprint across the clearing through the hole the Paladin fellow made earlier. Inspect the buildings.

EDIT: Curse my grammar-nazi tendencies!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:14:36 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I still have the buried legs modifier.))
fixed
EP, I have two questions: First, if I did an act with the mere intention of practicing my skills, such as mimicking our bartender, would I get more XP for it?
Probably not.
Second, does my Body shift only work with preexisting animals/monsters/beings? For example, could I simply turn my arms into wings and feet/lower legs into talons, or would I have to specify becoming a Harpy?
Partial Shift is a separate skill as of three seconds ago.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do what bartenders do, and you should get better at it (get XP). I would suggest finding the price of your alcohol in stores (or roll to reason it), and sell it for a slightly lower price somewhere else. We could all use some money. WAIT..you'd need licenses for that, right? I hope EP lets you have them, because I pretty sure you would have to pay for them if you didn't have them. A bit of a catch 22, really.

Also, Ninja'd:
Second, does my Body shift only work with preexisting animals/monsters/beings? For example, could I simply turn my arms into wings and feet/lower legs into talons, or would I have to specify becoming a Harpy?
Partial Shift is a separate skill as of three seconds ago.
Thanks. Can't wait to see the details in the next update.

Edit: Looking at the original Roll to Level Up (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140409.0), will we get a Basic Gear set for our profession at our first level-up?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:41:32 pm by OceanSoul »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7