Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Furry Fortress 3 - Passing the Torch  (Read 16150 times)

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
Re: Furry Fortress 3 - Passing the Torch
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 02:42:15 pm »

The first update is almost ready, I just need the get the language done along with the creature file. I already know what I'm doing for both of them so it's just me needing to find the time to actually write it, it should be ready by tomorrow.
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*
*[insert relevant word here] Magic*

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 01:22:39 pm »

could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »

Sorry about the delay, the computer I was on would not compress or extract files and the other computers were taken, but now I have it done. This update introduces the streetz civ, which mostly went according to plan. They use crowbars, baseball bats, sledge hammers, chains (A sharpened and  a normal version), night sticks, and machetes. They are also playable in fort and adv mode, though they won't fly in fort mode do to the current AI pathing issues. As for the link, it's the same link as always (thx to AceSV for sharing it). Again, sorry for the delay. (Also if you play as a streetz civ, expect to be at war as they are both baby snatchers and thieves)
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 06:05:23 pm »

Looks good.  I personally wouldn't give them a reaction for wooden machetes, butcher knives or crowbars, but I guess there's no reason why they couldn't.  Maybe a reaction to make butcher knives or daggers out of glass.  You could also give them a reaction to make brick ammo out of stone and clay, and maybe one to make the fingerless glove out of cloth or leather. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:26 pm »

I ran into and issue when I was trying to add finger less gloves, I tried making them work the same way as ninja gloves with bricks, but for some reason the game kept complaining about them having the attack_prepare_and_recover tag, so to make sure that it was spelled right I copied and pasted it from other places. The refused to accept this, eventually I just gave up on adding them this update all together.
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:37 am »

Unsure what all you tried to do, but ninja glove is basically just a kind of crossbow.  If you tried to make fingerless gloves an article of clothing, that would never have worked, it has to be a ranged weapon to have ranged weapon tags. 

My plan for bricks would have been to make a brick (launcher) and brick (ammo) (like hunga mungas in fufo2), where the brick (launcher) simulates having a brick in your hand and smashing someone with it, and the brick (ammo) simulates throwing one. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]