Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175785 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:19:10 pm »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.14a
  • DF 0.47.04 UPDATED
  • TWBT 6.xx (Preview - Thanks Thurin!) UPDATED
  • DFHack 0.44.04-r2 UPDATED
  • Armok Vision 0.21.0 UPDATED
  • Dwarf Therapist 41.1.7 UPDATED
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.19.1 (*Requires Java 8*) UPDATED

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust
  • Vettlingr

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love!

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 12:05:50 am by Enay »

sunrakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP - 0.43.05 x64
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 12:30:04 am »

Hi! Thank you very much for your effort.

I have an issue when trying to use Dwarf Therapist: « ERROR not found - Verify _DT_BINARY defined in (path to dwartherapist script) is set correctly. »
I did that, the script says
Code: [Select]
_DT_BINARY="`./DwarfTherapist`", but the DwafTherapist file in the same folder looks like a shared library, not like an executable, and when I try to run it, I get this output :

./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Network.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Qml.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Gui.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: relocation error: ./DwarfTherapist: symbol _ZNK19QAbstractProxyModel15canDropMimeDataEPK9QMimeDataN2Qt10DropActionEiiRK11QModelIndex, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Core.so.5 with link time reference

I checked and I did have installed the libraries required to compile DwarfTherapist according  to building instructions on GitHHub. (I'm on KXStudio 14.04.2 based on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS).

Is the issue between the chair and the keyboard or not ?  ???

Sorry for the trouble, otherwise this pack is really great!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:32:34 am by sunrakhan »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 09:38:30 am »

No, you're not suffering from a PEBKAC error, and it's not an ID-10-T error, either  ;)  I have seen the error you're describing, but it still seems to launch for me from within PyLNP.

Not sure why DT gets compiled as a shared library, but I am able to run it on my machine. I do know that Splintermind uses qmake for his build, and compiling results in an executable, but Hello71's fork switched from qmake over to cmake, and compiling this version results in a shared library.

Unfortunately I don't have the programming chops to edit the makefile to produce an executable rather than a shared library.  I'm not sure this is even the problem.  I think the script is expecting Dwarf Therapist to actually be installed on the system rather than be compiled and distributed with the LNP.

I do know that I edited the dwarftherapist launcher script you're looking at to get it to a working state on my machine.  Below is the unedited portion of the script you're looking at, and should be the only portion that I edited:

## $_DT_BINARY
## Set path to 'DwarfTherapist' binary
_DT_BINARY="`which DwarfTherapist`"
PREFIX="${_DT_BINARY%%/bin/DwarfTherapist}"

I'm not in front of my build machine ATM to double check, but this code didn't seem to work for me, but manually specifying $_DT_BINARY did the trick.

In any case, you could probably replace the contents of the launcher script with:
#!/bin/bash
./DwarfTherapist > /dev/null 2>&1

To get it running without throwing up a console screen with debug info.

sunrakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »

Thanks for your reply!

I think the script is expecting Dwarf Therapist to actually be installed on the system rather than be compiled and distributed with the LNP.

I think the same and wish I was competent in shell scripting to fix this. I hacked a little bit and got stuck with the « provide_gui_to_setcap » function.  :'(

But in the end I must have a library problem  because nothing happens with « ./DwarfTherapist > /dev/null 2>&1 » (surprisingly...  :P) and plain « ./DwarfTherapist » is what got me the output I quoted above.

On the other end I had compiled Splintermind's version and have a functional Dwarf Therapist that works well with Dwarf Fortress, I just launch it on the side, so it's a solution. But I would have found it nice to get a fully-working all-in-one package,  and hope somebody would shed some light on this.

Note that I still think you did a good job on this version of the pack: with the previous one, I couldn't get past the console configuration step at the very beginning, so that's a progress in my view ! I'm discovering the glory that is dfhack thanks to you.

evanedyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:40 am »

Thanks for your reply!

On the other end I had compiled Splintermind's version and have a functional Dwarf Therapist that works well with Dwarf Fortress, I just launch it on the side, so it's a solution. But I would have found it nice to get a fully-working all-in-one package,  and hope somebody would shed some light on this.

uhm, i've compiled that DF Therapist too (Splintermind's), but if i try to run it while the LNP-version of DF is running, it says that it doesn't recognize it =( How did you make it work? Or are you just using a previous version of the game? I'm running it from terminal with "sudo DwardTherapist"; also "sudo dwarftherapist" gives the same result  ::)

EDIT : i've tried to copy the layouts from the LNP folder to /usr/local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux/, and now DwarfTherapist sees it, but complains that DF either is not running or unloaded the fort - while instead i have it open and running
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:53:55 am by evanedyr »

sunrakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 03:18:40 pm »

To enable Dwarf Therapist to communicate with Dwarf Fortress, I followed these instructions: https://github.com/andrewd18/df-lnp-installer/wiki/Dwarf-Therapist-Cannot-Connect-to-Dwarf-Fortress.

elimik31

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 07:54:31 am »

Haven't played DF in a couple of years and in the meantime I have migrated completely to Linux, so this helped me out a lot, thank you. SoundSense complained that the directory df_linux/sounds/packs does not exist, so I created it with

cd df_linux
mkdir -pv sounds/packs

and only then I could succesfully run the "Start Update" command in the "Pack update" tab. Have to try it out now.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 07:45:21 am »

FYI, the colorscheme Western_Rust that's in this pack is not a complete color scheme - it only seems to contain 35 of the 48 entries.

This makes PyLNP print an error; the error is not helpful in identifying the issue (I'll fix that for the next release), but you should probably double-check that file.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 11:54:48 am »

Hi! Thank you very much for your effort.

I have an issue when trying to use Dwarf Therapist: « ERROR not found - Verify _DT_BINARY defined in (path to dwartherapist script) is set correctly. »
I did that, the script says
_DT_BINARY="`./DwarfTherapist`", but the DwafTherapist file in the same folder looks like a shared library, not like an executable, and when I try to run it, I get this output :

./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Network.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Qml.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Gui.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5: no version information available (required by ./DwarfTherapist)
./DwarfTherapist: relocation error: ./DwarfTherapist: symbol _ZNK19QAbstractProxyModel15canDropMimeDataEPK9QMimeDataN2Qt10DropActionEiiRK11QModelIndex, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Core.so.5 with link time reference

I checked and I did have installed the libraries required to compile DwarfTherapist according  to building instructions on GitHHub. (I'm on KXStudio 14.04.2 based on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS).

I ran into the same problem. The issue is that this Dwarf Therapist was compiled with QT 5.7, while the Ubuntu repository only has QT up to 5.5.1. The easiest way to solve this issue is building Dwarf Therapist yourself and then replacing the one in the ./LNP/utilities/ folder with your build.

Instructions for building yourself are here:

new instructions:

git clone https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist.git
mkdir Dwarf-Therapist-build
cd Dwarf-Therapist-build
cmake ../Dwarf-Therapist
ln -s ../Dwarf-Therapist/share .
make -j$(nproc)
./DwarfTherapist

if you get an error like the following:
CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:26 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Qml" with any
  of the following names:

Qt5QmlConfig.cmake
    qt5qml-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Qml" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Qml_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Qt5Qml"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

Then try:
sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev qtbase5-dev-tools qtdeclarative5-dev # Qt 5if the error mentions QT4 try:
sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev # Qt 4
then try the cmake ../Dwarf-Therapist again.

This is in the build instructions for linux in spinters fork.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 08:29:35 pm »

I'm running Ubuntu 17.04 on an AMD64 architecture.  If I run dfhack directly it works, but when I run from PyLNP I get the following output on the terminal and dwarf fortress does not run:

[distro_fixes] [INFO] Checking whether any distro specific fixes are required...
[distro_fixes] [INFO] OS: ubuntu
[distro_fixes] [INFO] ARCH: x86_64
[distro_fixes] [INFO] VER: 17.04
[distro_fixes] [INFO] DF_ARCH: 64-bit
[distro_fixes] [INFO] DF_BIN_LOCATION: /home/larry/df/df_linux/libs/Dwarf_Fortress
[distro_fixes] [INFO] PRELOAD_LIB:
[distro_fixes] [INFO] LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /tmp/_MEIgFfwdK
[distro_fixes] [INFO] Done
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /tmp/_MEIgFfwdK/libncursesw.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcaca.so.0)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /tmp/_MEIgFfwdK/libncursesw.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcaca.so.0)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /tmp/_MEIgFfwdK/libtiff.so.5: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightToOpenType

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 02:54:53 pm »

It's definitely something that's an incompatibility with the latest lib set from 17.04 - I installed on a live cd and the same error results. As stated by another user, the only known solution is to downgrade OS versions, or install a virtualbox instance just to run df :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 10:07:10 am »

It sounds to me like not starting DF from PyLNP is an easier solution.

Try adding this line near the top of distro_fixes.sh (right after the lines starting with "#"):
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:01 pm »

It sounds to me like not starting DF from PyLNP is an easier solution.

Try adding this line near the top of distro_fixes.sh (right after the lines starting with "#"):
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""

That worked like a champ.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 12:42:49 pm »

Oh, cool. I was expecting it to fix at least the first three warnings (I think they're just warnings), but I wasn't sure about the last one.

Anyway, if you're interested - PyLNP unpacks itself to a temporary folder (apparently /tmp/_MEIgFfwdK in this case) and sets up a LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, which looks like it interfered with DF in this case. I'll report it to the PyLNP maintainers.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »

Well, to let you know, when in TWBT mode, if you scroll zoom all the way out, the df application and df_hack both exit/crash. Also, I'm getting an issue with DwarfTherapist where it connects but only shows 5 columns or so and they are empty -- not sure if it's the same issue as previously discussed in this thread and I need to rebuild it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20