Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719516 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War! Turn 1!
« Reply #3210 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:17 am »

In-Character, as Pretender Support Unit #7, I'd be fully for going for doing what a person with beliefs as such would do--but seeing Cript's cheatiness squeakiness, it makes sense too. If our side, as a whole, loses all Loyalty, then its up to the other side to do what to do with us, and on the side of all of us being players anyway, we can choose what is best.

I don't even know the reasons for saying Cyl is illegitimate (when legally yes, he is) or evil (like actually what)
This is a monarchy, so illegitimate == evil. And we suspect he might be (factually, regardless of legally) illegitimate, which means he cannot be permitted to take the throne. The risk of someone without royal blood taking the throne is inconceivable.
Pick 1 and 2, DEAR LEADER. Because we cannot be faithful to our cause if we end up ruining the place we seek to control and guide in the future.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 19, 2017, 12:10:00 am »

Pick 1 and 2, DEAR LEADER. Because we cannot be faithful to our cause if we end up ruining the place we seek to control and guide in the future.
Sorry, am I reading here "we cannot ruin the place we seek to control and guide, therefore let's totally play the card that explicitly states we will be massacring an entire city"? :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 19, 2017, 12:20:24 am »

Sorry, am I reading here "we cannot ruin the place we seek to control and guide, therefore let's totally play the card that explicitly states we will be massacring an entire city"? :P
It made sense and a choice people would've picked until someone spied decided to look at the other side's cards.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 19, 2017, 02:13:42 am »

I decided not to use it before I even saw what other people had posted. I didn't think it was a worthwhile trade compared to the potential benefit of discarding it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 19, 2017, 02:16:07 am »

Given the information on how 'losing' works (i.e. we can lose before we recoup stats) I'll change my suggestion back to 'just play card 2'.  Even without espionage, the knowledge that hitting 2 on our turn is risky enough to kill us outright is enough to suggest a safer course.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 19, 2017, 04:40:11 am »

Loyalists play The Great Purge (-3 Loyalty, Pretender: -1 Treasury, -1 Army, -2 Loyalty)

Pretender plays Urban Massacre (-3 Loyalty, Loyalists: -2 Treasury, -1 Army, -1 Loyalty)

Loyalists:
3 Loyalty, 3 Treasury, 3 Army.
Battle Score: 0

Pretender:
0! Loyalty, 4 Treasury, 4 Army.
Battle Score: -7

Pretender loses the Civil War! (Loyalty at 0 or lower)

The atrocities conducted by the Pretender and the purges carreid out by the Loyalists helped erode all support for the Pretender. In the late Autumn 1114 AD, the forces of Pretender imploded and were quickly ran over by the Loyalists. The Pretender and his family has been killed, and peace officially returned to Kingdom of Methiant by the end of Year 1114 AD.

1115 AD

You are Cyl, son of Yoe II.

Your uncle has risen against your mother and the regency council two years ago. But the bloody and sad civil war is now thing of the past. Uncle Luath has been drawn and quartered, while his wife and children were thrown into dungeons without food or water.

The Kingdom hasn't fared well at the turn of the decade, but at least it didn't go any worse, right?

Your shrewd mother managed to get some monetary aid from Queen Dogethe, as fortunately the campaign against Helliste was a success even if Segeda pulled Methiantese troops from the north at very beginning of the war. She also managed to dig up some extra coin from the peasantry without stirring it up.

More soldiers perished in the civil war than the northern campaign, to be honest, but the courtiers reassure that this is only temporary.

You were born lucky, it is the only explanation for the fact that your uncle has fallen and the civil war ended swiftly before it could bring any real ruination to the Kingdom.

Now you ponder, what regnal name should you pick up. Hmm.
Your father was a decent ruler, but in last years of his life he overextended the Treasury and taxed peasants rather harshly, so common sense dictates you do not take on his mantle.

No, you decide to be original; to promise your subjects a fresh start, and decide to use your name as regnal name. Long Live King Cyl I!

The first to come and congratulate is of course the Advisor; with those Scrolls of Kingdom Status in his hands.

Happiness: 4
Population: 6
Economy: 5
Army: 4

You're not sure exactly what those numbers mean and the Advisor seems content on babbling nonsensically about them, oh well.

1115 AD, Spring

As of waiting for just this moment, an emissary of King Elran III of Eldrican shows up at your gates few days after your coronation.

He takes off his funny hat and bows to you with a smile.

"Greetings and congratulations on your successful ascension to the throne of Methiant, King Cyl! My master has sent me here a year earlier but considering the little... indecency that was happening in your Kingdom in past years I decided to stay with Ankurvat dwarves for a while. Now that the roads are safe, let me announce that King Elran III is fully ready to send his beautiful daughter, Esta, to become your wife, per agreement your father had with my liege."

Your dearest mom, Queen Mother Segeda, steps out of the side of the room and up to your throne.

"The traitor Luath had support of various mercenaries from the west. You think we do not know that King Elran did naught to stop his subjects from ravaging our beloved country under the banners of the Pretender?" You decide to...

A) Agree with your mother and break the marriage agreement with Kingdom of Eldrican.
B) Tell your mother to shush and inform the emissary that you will be honored to have Esta as your wife.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:47:07 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #3216 on: November 19, 2017, 04:46:24 am »

It was our father's promise not our uncle's. B

Misread the way around they were.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:21:41 am by Kashyyk »

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: November 19, 2017, 04:55:59 am »

i dont think we want to piss of a big country that borders us
B
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 19, 2017, 05:01:12 am »

B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 19, 2017, 05:04:33 am »

Didn't we decide specifically not to play Urban Massacre (because of literally predicting the exact scenario playing out above)?

In any case, B! Shut up mom, you can't tell us what to do anymore.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:08:19 am by Harry Baldman »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: November 19, 2017, 05:23:29 am »

B, indeed!  Let's have some strong allies here.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 19, 2017, 05:46:59 am »

B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: November 19, 2017, 07:29:09 am »

B And throw Mother into the dungeon for good measure.

Even the Loyalists never claimed she was a likable person. Someone that shrill should never ever conduct diplomacy. We just refused to accept the leap from "Segeda is unsympathetic" to "Segeda is evil" and thence to "Segeda is guilty of every unwitnessed evil thing anyone ever said."

Changing the subject to luck:

Anyone else notice that both Yoes died in a fall when their horses rolled a 1?! We should immediately start an anti-brainwashing program for horses who might be enemy agents. (Because I didn't do enough damage with my last random conspiracy theory, heh heh . . . )

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 19, 2017, 07:37:59 am »

B.

Anyone else notice that both Yoes died in a fall when their horses rolled a 1?! We should immediately start an anti-brainwashing program for horses who might be enemy agents. (Because I didn't do enough damage with my last random conspiracy theory, heh heh . . . )

Alternatively, we should just not ride horses. I wonder if those dragon mounts we didn't get that one time would give us more luck :P

Or we could just go super anachronistic and see if we can apply fireblood to transport
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: November 19, 2017, 07:40:25 am »

//There's a poll.

You tell your mother to shush, apologize for her behavior and proclaim your wish to marry Esta as soon as possible. The envoy leaves happy, your mother leaves unhappy.

1115 AD, Mid-Spring

First, a tremor occured a week ago. And now, the sky turned reddish.

Citizens of the capital city and your courtiers murmur in panic and fear as they do not know what is happening. What has been observed that this crimson sky came from the north, perhaps from beyond the lands of Queen Dogethe. The vault guards do report that the Scepter is glowing again, but with bright pulse that was unseen before during any storm or other disaster.

The holy books of Pantheon do speak that this is the Decade of Blood, where blood is ought to manifest and spell disaster upon the world. At an emergency council, you decide to...

A) Seek a Wizard to thwart this end of the world event or whatever this is.
B) Donate upon altars of the Pantheon so that the Gods protect Methiant from harm.
C) Ignore this strange event and continue preparations for the wedding with Esta.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1087