Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager order macros and manager macro generator  (Read 4655 times)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Manager order macros and manager macro generator
« on: May 29, 2017, 03:12:38 pm »

Manager Macros

Its annoying having to set up the same manager orders every time you start a new fort so making macros that does it for you is very useful, here you can share your manager macros, get my manager macros, or get my manager macro generator.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:24:18 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Re: Manager macros and manager macro generator
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 03:13:24 pm »

COMPLEX MACROS
Multiple item types

Here I will link complex macros that involve multiple item types.

More and better macros will come later when I have time, this is just and example. The "sleep 100" is there so people have an easy way to put in a delay if their computer is slow.

Clothes

Food Production

Rooms
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:25:04 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 03:14:00 pm »

SIMPLE MACROS
Single item types

Here I post more simple macros

Always 10 doors

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Always 10 beds

Always 10 rock cabinet

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:25:36 am by hostergaard »

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »

Have you posted this on the Mods and Utilities board? 
Is this just for manager orders, or is it a general macro generator? It'd be useful to not have to faff about setting up uniforms.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 05:00:44 pm »

Have you posted this on the Mods and Utilities board? 
Is this just for manager orders, or is it a general macro generator? It'd be useful to not have to faff about setting up uniforms.

No, I figured the mod board was for, well, mods. Right now it only generate fully functional macros for manager orders, but you can use it to convert any series of (lower case) letter or number key presses into a clean macro command and then just manually copy past it into what you want. But I am thinking about expanding it and add more functionality so you can do stuff like setting up uniforms, maybe even to the point that the macro generator can be used for adventure mode. We will see. I will post the source code soonish so people can add and expand it if they feel like it. 

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:09:13 pm by hostergaard »

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »

I think it would be suitable for the Utilities and 3rd Party Applications board.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 08:04:31 pm »

BTW, brilliant idea :-)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19:01 am »

I think it would be suitable for the Utilities and 3rd Party Applications board.

Thanks for the advice, I have added a topic there.

BTW, brilliant idea :-)

Thank you so much, I figured it would be useful for people, glad to hear you like it. :D

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 12:18:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
I/O Error while loading macro Both with your pregen and the jar output.

Edit: My guess it's case sensitivity. Not using Windows. But i'm not sure if that's the reason.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:21:29 pm by Incantatar »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 07:19:32 am »

New and improved manager macro generator!

Now with 100% more case sensitivity and able to accept multible items!

NEW MACROS!

Complete bedroom, always 10 beds, rock cabinets, rock coffers and rock doors
Complete food and beer, always 10 rock pot, lavish meal and brew mead, plant and fruit
Hoods, Gloves, Dresses, Trousers, and Socks, 10 of each and of each material (silk, yarn, clothes and leather)
- Clothes, all materials, but divided by types (hoods, gloves, dresses, trousers, and socks)

Code: [Select]
I/O Error while loading macro Both with your pregen and the jar output.

Edit: My guess it's case sensitivity. Not using Windows. But i'm not sure if that's the reason.

I got it when I had overly long names, will have to look into that and figure a better way to name the macros I gyes. Also, I found something about pastebin using spaces instead of tabs so that may be the cause, uploaded my pre-gened macro files instead. Please do try it again and report back!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:24:12 am by hostergaard »

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager order macros and manager macro generator
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 01:29:11 am »

I did a short test and it works now. Thanks, this is useful!